ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP loses wr coach(per Minerrush)

According to sports sites that follow college football, he is definitely an up and coming coach. This is no surprise and despite the irony of the situation, I agree with MR that Kug might feel the sting on this one.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Aych was our Houston area recruiter, he signed Joseph Pickney, and Keith Sullivan from the class of 2015, both will be on the roster and depth chart in the fall if they are academically eligible.

They were two of the highest rated recruits Kugler has signed on the defensive side from the HS ranks, and yeah Kugs is going to fill a sting in the recruiting area here in the next few months. Was hoping he could take over as OC one day if Pease ever split, he'll be an OC at the FBS level one day for sure. Good luck coach.

Would ex-Montwood coach Chuck Veliz be in play to replace him? I hate that douche and the fact he's even on the staff as a video coordinator pisses me off, but he kind of makes sense if Kug is just looking for a body to fill the late vacancy, even though I'm sure he has ZERO recruiting ties. Just a random thought.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
....Would ex-Montwood coach Chuck Veliz be in play to replace him? I hate that douche and the fact he's even on the staff as a video coordinator pisses me off, but he kind of makes sense if Kug is just looking for a body to fill the late vacancy, even though I'm sure he has ZERO recruiting ties. Just a random thought.

Ok, that is interesting. He has Veliz on the staff but no one from LC Mayfield High?

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
My guess is that the replacement will be a recievers coach from one of the texas based southland schools. The biggest loss is in recruiting as was mentioned he was our guy in houston. There will be very minimal impact on the field. The interesting part is that we play arizona next year. Going to have to adjust audibles and hand signals for that game.

It wouldnt be a bad idea to go with a high school coach as the new receivers coach. A successful coach from dfw, Houston of the cen tex region would be a good move. Somebody known and well liked in the texas coaches association would be a good. A coach from El Paso would be a terrible idea.Veliz isnt qualified to be a college coach and couldnt recruit outside el paso.

My guess is that the replacement will be a recievers coach from one of the texas based southland schools. The biggest loss is in recruiting as was mentioned he was our guy in houston. There will be very minimal impact on the field. The interesting part is that we play arizona next year. Going to have to adjust audibles and hand signals for that game.

It wouldnt be a bad idea to go with a high school coach as the new receivers coach. A successful coach from dfw, Houston of the cen tex region would be a good move. Somebody known and well liked in the texas coaches association would be a good. A coach from El Paso would be a terrible idea.Veliz isnt qualified to be a college coach and couldnt recruit outside el paso.

I agree that they should keep that Houston/Dallas connection open.

He needs to bring in a HS coach with strong coaching ties. About every big school has done this and it has really benefitted them.

Aych was our Houston area recruiter, he signed Joseph Pickney, and Keith Sullivan from the class of 2015, both will be on the roster and depth chart in the fall if they are academically eligible.

They were two of the highest rated recruits Kugler has signed on the defensive side from the HS ranks, and yeah Kugs is going to fill a sting in the recruiting area here in the next few months. Was hoping he could take over as OC one day if Pease ever split, he'll be an OC at the FBS level one day for sure. Good luck coach.

Would ex-Montwood coach Chuck Veliz be in play to replace him? I hate that douche and the fact he's even on the staff as a video coordinator pisses me off, but he kind of makes sense if Kug is just looking for a body to fill the late vacancy, even though I'm sure he has ZERO recruiting ties. Just a random thought.

Not a Pease fan, but he's better than the last one (who's name we won't mention). I'm hoping a year later Pease is more familiar with his players and their abilities. It would've been nice if Kug's could've held onto Aych (if anything for his recruiting aggressiveness) but when a Pac 12 school comes calling, that's a phone call you take.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT