ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP - MTSU

I've seen poor defensive rebounding, a failure to take care of the ball, a lack of awareness of the shot clock, and poor shooting. I've seen some pretty good D by both teams, but our failure to box out frequently makes that good D worthle

I’ve missed competitive UTEP athletics!
Just happy to be here, but would love to squeak by here.
Why no timeout in that late game situation to set up a play, I don't get it?

Reactions: develman
Tough loss but can't fault the effort, the coaching or the play. Satisfied with what we did this year I think although we lost to MTSU we may have taken them down, they looked exhausted and may be out of gas tomorrow.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Good game. Disappointing loss. I don't feel it was a successful season because we didn't make the tournament which is how I define a successful season. However, this team still outperformed my expectations. It was amazing to see this team grow from the beginning of the season until now. Time to start recruiting a rebounder, Kennedy, Boum, JB, and Tydus.

Well, were back (in the car, again) to being an average team in a crappy conference.

We hadn't won a conference tournament game since the 16-17 season. It was nice to break that drought but it felt like we had a deeper run in us.

A lot of questions tower over the team now. Who's staying, who's leaving, can Golding recruit? It's not going to be a quite off season.

Overall satisfied with the first year but won't get my hopes up until I see Golding do it with his own guys.

So when do we start seeing who’s staying /going? Hopefully soon so Golding can get going on recruiting trail

The question has to be asked but did the CUSA cost UTEP the game? The stats speak for themselves and it was lop sided as heck, again. (I missed a good chunk of the game due to a meeting).

Golding on post season play: “I don’t know? We have not talked about it…..I am leaning probably not, but I don’t know?..” He is ready to hit the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Golding said he is unsure about post season play, but leaning against it at this point.
If he knows he’s losing a significant portion of his line up, I’m sure he sees no point in playing a lower tier post season tourney. Time probably better spent scouring through all the talent and hitting the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Is this true? UTEP playing Texas in their new arena next year according to Teich. He said Golding said “yes” to coach Beard.

How was that football play legal?? I thought you couldn't touch the ball coming from out of bounds?

Do not move it to Vegas. UTEP has a ton of Miner faithful in the DFW/Dallas area. I was able to hear them over the announcers mic and they were loud.

I realize there are Miner faithful in the So Cal area but would they drive to Vegas?

How was that football play legal?? I thought you couldn't touch the ball coming from out of bounds?
"It is only a violation if a player steps out of bounds and then is the first player to touch it after coming back inbounds. If a player has the ball and steps out of bounds, it's a turnover and the other team gets the ball. If a player steps out of bounds without the ball, he can step back inbounds at any point."

They didn't step out of bounds? Does that make sense? I'm not trolling, I am trying to be helpful.

Do not move it to Vegas. UTEP has a ton of Miner faithful in the DFW/Dallas area. I was able to hear them over the announcers mic and they were loud.

I realize there are Miner faithful in the So Cal area but would they drive to Vegas?
CUSA tournament will never be in Vegas. Never. It will probably never be West of DFW

Last edited:
Reactions: UTEPfan1966
"It is only a violation if a player steps out of bounds and then is the first player to touch it after coming back inbounds. If a player has the ball and steps out of bounds, it's a turnover and the other team gets the ball. If a player steps out of bounds without the ball, he can step back inbounds at any point."

They didn't step out of bounds? Does that make sense? I'm not trolling, I am trying to be helpful.
They were out of bounds when they started.

But it wasn’t a live ball.

In addition to that, and the ability to run the baseline, one of those guys could have remained out of bounds the entire time, and the inbounder could have passed to him and he could then pass to a player in bounds.

Since the first recipient had never been in bounds, it is legal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT