ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP - MTSU

No sure if playing the night before or sitting out is an advantage but if the Miners can have a good night shooting they will be in the game and it will not look like last time we played.

I remember when I was in high school that my dad allowed me to stay home so that I could watch UTEP v. Georgetown. What I remember most is the anxiety and excitement all built in to moment. Here we are over 30 years later and I'm starting to feel the same about this tournament. Win or lose, I'm proud of how this team has come together and I'm very happy that Joe Golding is finding success. When it comes to basketball, Miner fans were spoiled for quite some time and I'm ready to feel that way again.

Reactions: axingfools1
Obviously will be a tough matchup against MTSU who will have Jefferson back after missing the last couple of games. It will be good having Kennedy back to counter MTSUs wings/guards. They have several long, athletic 6' 6" guys that can really shoot. A key will be attacking them inside offensively, and of course rebound better than last night. We need good games out of Onyema and Sibley. Pretty much play like yesterday, but minimize the offensive rebounds by MTSU. Their three guards are every bit as good as our group. Hoping to squeek our a win.

Obviously will be a tough matchup against MTSU who will have Jefferson back after missing the last couple of games. It will be good having Kennedy back to counter MTSUs wings/guards. They have several long, athletic 6' 6" guys that can really shoot. A key will be attacking them inside offensively, and of course rebound better than last night. We need good games out of Onyema and Sibley. Pretty much play like yesterday, but minimize the offensive rebounds by MTSU. Their three guards are every bit as good as our group. Hoping to squeek our a win.
So that’s been confirmed?

Honestly I expect a loss but not as bad as the first time we played. Would love to be wrong though.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I remember when I was in high school that my dad allowed me to stay home so that I could watch UTEP v. Georgetown. What I remember most is the anxiety and excitement all built in to moment. Here we are over 30 years later and I'm starting to feel the same about this tournament. Win or lose, I'm proud of how this team has come together and I'm very happy that Joe Golding is finding success. When it comes to basketball, Miner fans were spoiled for quite some time and I'm ready to feel that way again.
We do seem to be on a roll in the last 10 games or so and don't know why or how but Golding seems to pull rabbits out of the hat. Exciting having a coach like this, you're never really out matched, every night is a battle and no one can take you lightly. Had the same felling with Haskins and Billy G.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Seen it from some sports bettors today. I had heard he is expected to be back, but I'm not even sure why he was out. So, not really confirmed 😕
Yeah, I looked for any info I could find. His injury was listed as “undisclosed” everywhere I found something. The fact that he was iffy suggests he may not be near 100% even if he does play.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Is agnew and Hollins out of the rotation?? Agnew didnt look to happy after the North Texas win. Hollins was happy and taking pictures.

Is agnew and Hollins out of the rotation?? Agnew didnt look to happy after the North Texas win. Hollins was happy and taking pictures.
Agnew did only get 5 minutes last night. I’m sure he wasn’t happy about it but aside from the one game a couple weeks back where he was on fire, he tries to do too much on the offensive end and is a liability at times. Would not be surprised if he bolts after this year.

Hollins played 9 minutes last night. This is his last rodeo. I’m sure he’ll take what he can get. Also, Golding knows when/where to utilize his strengths. There are nights where we don’t see much of Hollins and there are nights where he is invaluable. I bet we see more of him tonight.

hmm, which Miner team shows up. Start quick and remain hot means to me, going to the big guys from the start.
We can win this game but it will be barn burner..
If we score in the 70s we win.
Miners 78
MTSU 70
Lets pray for TV goes crazy with 20 points..

We are like what 11-4 over our last 15?

even if we do lose that has to be exciting if we can keep a majority of this team intact for next year

I'm watching on Chrome on my tablet. No sound. I tried it (same browser) on my phone. Same issue

I figured out my sound issue. Mute was selected by default. I set the fees to fullscreen immediately and didn't see it. I now have sound, so I can hear as well as see the Miners shooting bricks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT