ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Nike Apparel

PicksForPaydirt

High school stud
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2019
Does anyone know where I can purchase UTEP apparel manufactured by Nike? I just searched the UTEP athletics website and they don't have any Nike gear. They do have some Adidas and some Under Armour, which is odd because our football and basketball teams wear Nike.

Thanks.

Reactions: picks up
Does anyone know where I can purchase UTEP apparel manufactured by Nike? I just searched the UTEP athletics website and they don't have any Nike gear. They do have some Adidas and some Under Armour, which is odd because our football and basketball teams wear Nike.

Thanks.

Just curious, what's the difference? What's wrong with Adidas or UA?

New Balance is American made I believe.
Only their top end running shoes are made in the U.S. The rest of their apparel is manufactured overseas. None of the big three (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour) are manufactured in the U.S. any longer.

I'm joking I also like Nike. But I have a pretty big sneaker collection. I have all the brands I'm not loyal to just one.

The funny thing about Uniforms is that almost all Shoe Companies have Label Agreements with lesser known companies. Pro Look makes Alot of Uniforms. You can buy Pro Look Uniforms from the Pro Look Factory or buy it for $80-$90 per jersey more with a Shoe Company Logo on it. Nike Uniforms are made by a company called Speedline. Nike does make sure that certain Colors are not made available. For Example, you cannot buy Carolina Blue with Speedline. But Speedline will makes the Carolina Blue Uniforms for Nike. A Company Called Alleson makes Under Armour Jerseys. I've never looked into Alleson or Under Armour Uniforms so I don't know as much. But right now at ST, we are using Pro Look and prior to that Speedline.

Anyway, I learned all about this when I was getting bids and quotes a few years back for uniforms and we went with a Speedline jersey. And the Nike Guy comes in our Storage Room and kinda chuckles when he sees the jersey we chose over his and tells me how that works.

In the words of YE, people with Adidas don’t get pussy.

Athletes like Nike. Athletes like the Jordan brand. Adidas is soccer apparel.

Stupid move by Senter.

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
In the words of YE, people with Adidas don’t get pussy.

Athletes like Nike. Athletes like the Jordan brand. Adidas is soccer apparel.

Stupid move by Senter.
I bet the athletes at Texas A&M, Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, and others schools don’t get any less “pussy” by not wearing Jordan brand on the field. A bit far fetched by you and “Ye”. Someone who most intelligent people would ignore his thoughts on all subjects.

All power 5 schools, kid. Of course they get pussy. Adidas is a foreign brand, it’s a soccer brand. Nike is worth nearly 2X what Adidas is. Nike has clout among recruits. Adidas eh, better than Puma I guess.

All power 5 schools, kid. Of course they get pussy. Adidas is a foreign brand, it’s a soccer brand. Nike is worth nearly 2X what Adidas is. Nike has clout among recruits. Adidas eh, better than Puma I guess.
So then it’s the Power 5 designation that gets pussy and not what you’re wearing on your feet?

I have never heard of a girl sleeping with a guy because he was wearing Jordan’s instead of soccer trainers? Would kinda be low on the list on qualities don’t you think? Behind smell, looks, build, and so on???

Reactions: denverutep
If the players love it, I do too. Whatever helps them perform at their best and win some trophies.

If the players don't like it.....I hope UTEP gets more than just discounts on the gear (hopefully some sort compensation).

As far as fan apparel, I was told the following at the recent garage sale the athletic department held: (Take with a grain of salt)

Asked a member of the media if he knew why UTEP fan apparel is so lacking, he told me that he was told that there are people within the university that feel like they don't want to put UTEP logos on everything the way UT Austin does.

Asked a member of the athletic dept. if he knew why UTEP fan apparel is so lacking, he blamed it on the bookstore. Said that the individual who used to be in charge didn't place much emphasis on it and that he expected the "new guy" to be a lot better.

Asked an employee of the bookstore if she knew why UTEP fan apparel is so lacking, she said because the general public doesn't really buy UTEP gear regardless of brand and that getting brand name stuff is expensive and doesn't sell quickly enough at the premium prices needed to justify the expense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just want some nice golf polos and dri fit style shirts with the retro paydirt pete logos on them.

If the players love it, I do too. Whatever helps them perform at their best and win some trophies.

Asked an employee of the bookstore if she knew why UTEP fan apparel is so lacking, she said because the general public doesn't really buy UTEP gear regardless of brand and that getting brand name stuff is expensive and doesn't sell quickly enough at the premium prices needed to justify the expense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just want some nice golf polos and dri fit style shirts with the retro paydirt pete logos on them.
When UTEP is doing well, UTEP shirts sell at stores for asking price. When not, which is often, they are great for putting toothpaste to remove over twenty years of oxidation on that old Impala headlight cover because your too cheap to spend the $35 to $50 for new ones.

So basically all bs answers....got it....

On the pricing, they don't HAVE TO do 100% markup on everything. Supply and demand baby. Get cool stuff and it WILL sell, regardless of brand.

FWIW.....I swore off Nike a few years ago. Therefore for me, this is great news. I haven't bought a new shirt in forever, and it shows....ugh

Yeezy shoes and clothing, yes. He's nucking futs, but not stupid. He will get a new contract soon, he's just to hot to handle right now.

I don't see the "bs" answer when a fan/booster went to some length to get some direct answers straight from UTEP sources? The book store employee gave a straight answer that other local corporate managers (who work around the UTEP area) have told me as well.

When UTEP is winning, the UTEP retail area and bars make some nice change.

Yeezy shoes and clothing, yes. He's nucking futs, but not stupid. He will get a new contract soon, he's just to hot to handle right now.

I don't see the "bs" answer when a fan/booster went to some length to get some direct answers straight from UTEP sources? The book store employee gave a straight answer that other local corporate managers (who work around the UTEP area) have told me as well.
My point was this.....you can ask till you are blue in the face, but won't be told the truth. Kinda like ALL politicians....lies...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT