ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP-Northwestern Game Prediction Thread

UTEP needs this game bad. This is the game a program that has turned the corner, must win.

You’re a favorite UTEP. Win the games you’re supposed to win. Ignore the noise. Go fkn win.

They must’ve heard about the prices us UTEP fans are willing to pay 😆

NU-21
UTEP-13

I think the offense HAS to put up 20 points to win as the defense will keep us in games. I was wrong last week and hope to be wrong this week. Hopefully the game is carried by other than ESPN. Turned the game off after I saw my daughter perform at halftime. Production musta been ran by DIMEL as I saw a few cameras being ran into the ground

• Haha
Reactions: UTEPfan1966
They must’ve heard about the prices us UTEP fans are willing to pay 😆

NU-21
UTEP-13

I think the offense HAS to put up 20 points to win as the defense will keep us in games. I was wrong last week and hope to be wrong this week. Hopefully the game is carried by other than ESPN. Turned the game off after I saw my daughter perform at halftime. Production musta been ran by DIMEL as I saw a few cameras being ran into the ground
It's on the Big10 network. So interesting that Northwestern went from -3 to +1.5 either Vegas knows something or is baiting betters. As much as we think we know about Utep, Vegas knows more about what's going on with Northwestern than we do and they don't just make lines for no reason. They at least believe Utep to be better to have them favored on the road no less.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Good afternoon gentlemen, a Cat fan here. I wish to acquire some observations of your team.

What I suspect is you have a trio of RB’s that will like to establish the line of scrimmage. Generally my take of your squad is comprised of Texas athletes which our program covets and have recruited several in the past years. We’ll certainly have our hands full.

Our program is in disarray with several players leaving the program over recent events. Combined with a struggle of 3 of the past 4 years. Most programs would have let their HC because of that.

Historically no knock intended on UTEP we have the propensity of being beaten by teams we should theoretically defeat. Any body indicating we score plus 28 obviously hasn’t followed NU football. Our offense yesterday had 11 seniors start who couldn’t score. Our o-line was a sieve. Our OC didn’t run plays to offset a pass rush. The D had struggled in tackling.

My prediction
UTEP 24
NU 13

Safe travels if commuting up north. Please regard NU as such not NW or NWU

Peace
Thanks for the info. A miner fan regular corrected us on the abbreviation.

-Yes, UTEP does have a three headed monster in the backfield.
-Our O line was good Saturday against a top FCS program.
-Our D is hard working and good. They get stops and our LB’s are P5 top quality. Secondary is ok but also knocked down passes against a UIW qb who is a Tx A&M grad transfer (that beat Alabama). However, good qb play can Trump our D. Your D coordinator will be focused on Praise Amaewhule. He will be playing on Sundays.
-Our offense is very inconsistent and inefficient; Helter Skelter offense has been Dimel’s calling card, but not by design. He has not recruited a top qb. His play calling is atrocious many times but a few times he looks like that old K State Off. Coordinator that helped Snyder rebuild for some (Boise State & Fresno State were some of his best).
-Dimel wants this game to help him keep support in El Paso. Expect his bag of tricks. If your D stays disciplined and stops our rb’s (like Jacksonville State did) you’ll get the win. Dimel is one dimensional.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Good afternoon gentlemen, a Cat fan here. I wish to acquire some observations of your team.

What I suspect is you have a trio of RB’s that will like to establish the line of scrimmage. Generally my take of your squad is comprised of Texas athletes which our program covets and have recruited several in the past years. We’ll certainly have our hands full.

Our program is in disarray with several players leaving the program over recent events. Combined with a struggle of 3 of the past 4 years. Most programs would have let their HC because of that.

Historically no knock intended on UTEP we have the propensity of being beaten by teams we should theoretically defeat. Any body indicating we score plus 28 obviously hasn’t followed NU football. Our offense yesterday had 11 seniors start who couldn’t score. Our o-line was a sieve. Our OC didn’t run plays to offset a pass rush. The D had struggled in tackling.

My prediction
UTEP 24
NU 13

Safe travels if commuting up north. Please regard NU as such not NW or NWU

Peace
I’m not looking at this game as “which team team is better”, I’m looking at it along the lines of “which team IS NOT as shitty.”

Last edited:
Reactions: nattybry
This is a very mysterious, uncanny, baffling matchup. They are Northwestern, but they are also in The Big Ten. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be a favorite on the road vs even the worst of The Big Ten. Vegas is amazingly accurate with their lines, but I'm still in disbelief. A win would be monumental.

It's a real head shaker. I'll say NU 31; Miners 21. I might find myself giggling out loud if I'm wrong.

This is a very mysterious, uncanny, baffling matchup. They are Northwestern, but they are also in The Big Ten. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be a favorite on the road vs even the worst of The Big Ten. Vegas is amazingly accurate with their lines, but I'm still in disbelief. A win would be monumental.

It's a real head shaker. I'll say NU 31; Miners 21. I might find myself giggling out loud if I'm wrong.
The crazy thing is we could win this and it still not be a big deal or a surprise to anyone except Miner Fans since we're supposed to win lol Now we have pressure to beat a Big 10 team on the road, that sounds weird 😵‍💫😬 lol

The crazy thing is we could win this and it still not be a big deal or a surprise to anyone except Miner Fans since we're supposed to win lol Now we have pressure to beat a Big 10 team on the road, that sounds weird 😵‍💫😬 lol
I hope these players work their asses off this week and Dimel unhooks the trailer because on paper it looks like the stars are aligned.

I hope these players work their asses off this week and Dimel unhooks the trailer because on paper it looks like the stars are aligned.
Yeah I hope Dimel opens it up and plays aggressively in the beginning and gets up a little and then does his traditional Milk job or whatever to walk out of Evanston with a win. This is the best chance we have to beat a P5, cause I think Arizona is about 3tds better than us.

The fact that UTEP is even a one-point favorite has doomed us to a total toilet flush this Saturday. The Miners under Dimel collapse horribly in games they should win. The team just cannot handle pressure. That's why they lose so often in home games that are well attended. I'm pulling at straws here in suggesting that Coach Dimel tell fart jokes to the team just before the game to get them to relax enough to play up to their talent level. My prediction of 21-17 stands. Who wins is still up in the air.

Reactions: picks up
It's on the Big10 network. So interesting that Northwestern went from -3 to +1.5 either Vegas knows something or is baiting betters. As much as we think we know about Utep, Vegas knows more about what's going on with Northwestern than we do and they don't just make lines for no reason. They at least believe Utep to be better to have them favored on the road no less.
I think it is the qb play for both teams and in college football seniors are expected to make an impact on team play. We all love the stars by the players name but that doesn't mean squat. It's the seniors who set the core, the expected performance, the culture, etc.; and as stated by our NU friend, they lack that for obvious reasons. UTEP, who have seniors/upperclassman who have stated that they want to get to the CUSA Championship and are great athletes (and turned down P5 offers), fell short last year.

Two lack luster offenses and this really qualifies as a "pillow fight" type game.

They must think it’s @ UTEP. 🤷‍♂️
Heck, even then. They are a bad P5 team but they are still P5 with some P5 talent. I haven't looked but I'm sure their OL and DL is just as big as UTEPs, If not much bigger. I bet their team speed is equal if not greater. And then we dtill have Dimel as coach. Utep has its work cut out for them.

Reactions: Lil_Train
You’re betting on UTEP?
I didn't say that. I just mean they know much more about Northwestern than we think we do and if they put this line it's for a reason. They do more research and analysis than we do, plus we think with our heart strings not logic. I'm surprised as well and think it's sketch. I personally would've handicapped Northwestern -4 1/2, but maybe they know something we don't.

That’s funny if you think the line has anything to do other than Vegas wanting money from both sides.
What's funny is that you think that 50 miner fans putting bets would move the needle for Vegas, that's dumb LMAO 🤣 I'm saying they didn't make this line solely based on a couple lowley Miner fans putting some bets down which is Exactly what you said!

Reactions: MinerFan79
What's funny is that you think that 50 miner fans putting bets would move the needle for Vegas, that's dumb LMAO 🤣 I'm saying they didn't make this line solely based on a couple lowley Miner fans putting some bets down which is Exactly what you said!
All it takes is one person to make a big bet to move the line. That person could have nothing to do with either school. Just someone trying to make money from the lines.

All it takes is one person to make a big bet to move the line. That person could have nothing to do with either school. Just someone trying to make money from the lines.
I 100% agree with that, but that's not again what I made jest to. I made a point about them not being concerned with a couple of Miner fans bets then all of the sudden changing it based on that. However I get where you're coming from now Man.

Reactions: JCorona
Small edge Northwestern has is Skip Holtz helping out this coaching staff who is obviously familiar with Utep. We're gonna get their best shot, it's really gonna come down to momentum and if we can steal it early and keep it going into the 4th, we should win.

Reactions: Rot and utep-piggy
Small edge Northwestern has is Skip Holtz helping out this coaching staff who is obviously familiar with Utep. We're gonna get their best shot, it's really gonna come down to momentum and if we can steal it early and keep it going into the 4th, we should win.
Pretty easy to game plan for Dimel’s offense— sell out on stopping the run and force Hardison to beat you throwing.

Reactions: utep-piggy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT