ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP-Northwestern Game Prediction Thread

17-16 Utep! Fabiano makes 41 yard winning FG Utep runs for 214 yards, Hardison only throws for 113 yards and throws 2 int's keeping things close. Not pretty, but we pull out the win and Northwestern fans leave disappointed yet again

Northwestern - 42
UTEP - 14

I want nothing more than for UTEP to go into their stadium and take the W. But history has not been kind to UTEP and I feel like this could be one of those games where the other team balls out and puts us away early. And once UTEP goes down 2 or 3 touchdowns they’ll have to abandon the run and then Hardison will do his usual 50% passing and it can go from bad to worse.

But like I said I will absolutely be rooting the Miners and as much as we flip flop on Dimel IF he were to get a win vs a P5 school on the road he may have a legit case for claiming the title of Best UTEP coach in the last 50 years. Breaking the East Coast Curse and this would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Northwestern - 42
UTEP - 14

I want nothing more than for UTEP to go into their stadium and take the W. But history has not been kind to UTEP and I feel like this could be one of those games where the other team balls out and puts us away early. And once UTEP goes down 2 or 3 touchdowns they’ll have to abandon the run and then Hardison will do his usual 50% passing and it can go from bad to worse.

But like I said I will absolutely be rooting the Miners and as much as we flip flop on Dimel IF he were to get a win vs a P5 school on the road he may have a legit case for claiming the title of Best UTEP coach in the last 50 years. Breaking the East Coast Curse and this would be a hell of an accomplishment.
I can guarantee you Northwestern will not put up 42 points unless the backup up that played the last series is way better than the Bryant kid that played against Rutgers. This teams skill players are not that good and watching today's they have a decent defense, but not great and the offense is pretty bad. Even if it was a blowout like you're predicting I couldn't see Northwestern scoring over 31. With that said I don't think it'll be a blowout and Utep has a legitimate chance at winning. Lastly no Stull would still have that title.

Most have not flip flop on Dismel. Most want him gone. He pulls a rabbit out of his hat one game every year. Winning on the east coast does not make you a good coach. Especially considering the opposition. Anyone who thinks he’s the best coach in our pitiful history must be on drugs. ( Maybe the best recruiter).

Northwestern didn't look particularly big or fast. They looked capable passing but poor running. This might be one team that we will actually be bigger and faster than. If we show up with some energy we might have a good chance to win I think.

Whomever is putting that Northwestern will score 42, 49, etc... doesn't pay attention to football and is just making up a score based on Utep's history against good P5 schools. Northwestern is not Oklahoma LMAO. They won't score that many points on a pretty decent Utep Defense. I'm not saying Utep is by any means world beaters, but Northwestern isn't very good at the moment and if they score over 40 points on us, Dimel should stay in Chicago and not come back with the team lol

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Whomever is putting that Northwestern will score 42, 49, etc... doesn't pay attention to football and is just making up a score based on Utep's history against good P5 schools. Northwestern is not Oklahoma LMAO. They won't score that many points on a pretty decent Utep Defense. I'm not saying Utep is by any means world beaters, but Northwestern isn't very good at the moment and if they score over 40 points on us, Dimel should stay in Chicago and not come back with the team lol
Last year we gave up 31 to UNT, 35 at Charlotte (in a win), 41 at LA Tach, 37 at Rice and 34 at UTSA. This defense is good but they’ve shown they can get touched up on the road. Plus, any team that plays UTEP knows all they have to do is make the QB beat them with his arm which means they key on the run, or they get a quick lead so that they have to abandon the run. As good as the win was last week will UTEP be able to control the line of scrimmage like they did vs Incarnate Word? I don’t think so.

This could be a total mistake-fest ugly game for both. NW is reeling and UTEP, while they looked ok in a vanilla rush heavy game, is an inefficient offense.

NU 19
UTEP 10

Last edited:
My prediction is a 21 - 17 final score. A total toss up as to which team has which score. I'd like to see the Miners win this one, but do we have the coaches that can get the team fired up and mentally ready? We shall see.

Last year we gave up 31 to UNT, 35 at Charlotte (in a win), 41 at LA Tach, 37 at Rice and 34 at UTSA. This defense is good but they’ve shown they can get touched up on the road. Plus, any team that plays UTEP knows all they have to do is make the QB beat them with his arm which means they key on the run, or they get a quick lead so that they have to abandon the run. As good as the win was last week will UTEP be able to control the line of scrimmage like they did vs Incarnate Word? I don’t think so.
It won't be the same Game plan so depends if Hardison can be accurate when needed and not turn it over. Not sure he'll do either.

This could be a total mistake-fest ugly game for both. NW is reeling and UTEP, while they looked ok in a vanilla rush heavy game, is an inefficient offense.

NW 19
UTEP 10
I think some of y'all are thinking Dimel will run the same offense as he did against IW. That's not the case. Game plans are based on match ups and opponents. IW couldn't stop the run, that's why Utep kept doing it.

Reactions: kickballpro
I think some of y'all are thinking Dimel will run the same offense as he did against IW. That's not the case. Game plans are based on match ups and opponents. IW couldn't stop the run, that's why Utep kept doing it.
And Dimel doesn't know what match ups are. He just happened to find a nut (as a blind squirrel) with running the ball against UIW.

Good afternoon gentlemen, a Cat fan here. I wish to acquire some observations of your team.

What I suspect is you have a trio of RB’s that will like to establish the line of scrimmage. Generally my take of your squad is comprised of Texas athletes which our program covets and have recruited several in the past years. We’ll certainly have our hands full.

Our program is in disarray with several players leaving the program over recent events. Combined with a struggle of 3 of the past 4 years. Most programs would have let their HC because of that.

Historically no knock intended on UTEP we have the propensity of being beaten by teams we should theoretically defeat. Any body indicating we score plus 28 obviously hasn’t followed NU football. Our offense yesterday had 11 seniors start who couldn’t score. Our o-line was a sieve. Our OC didn’t run plays to offset a pass rush. The D had struggled in tackling.

My prediction
UTEP 24
NU 13

Safe travels if commuting up north. Please regard NU as such not NW or NWU

Peace

Good afternoon gentlemen, a Cat fan here. I wish to acquire some observations of your team.

What I suspect is you have a trio of RB’s that will like to establish the line of scrimmage. Generally my take of your squad is comprised of Texas athletes which our program covets and have recruited several in the past years. We’ll certainly have our hands full.

Our program is in disarray with several players leaving the program over recent events. Combined with a struggle of 3 of the past 4 years. Most programs would have let their HC because of that.

Historically no knock intended on UTEP we have the propensity of being beaten by teams we should theoretically defeat. Any body indicating we score plus 28 obviously hasn’t followed NU football. Our offense yesterday had 11 seniors start who couldn’t score. Our o-line was a sieve. Our OC didn’t run plays to offset a pass rush. The D had struggled in tackling.

My prediction
UTEP 24
NU 13

Peace
Two important things to note on UTEP:

UTEP’s offense: run on first down, run on second down, hope for the best on third down.

Oh and our head coach wears his glasses on his forehead the entire game.

It will be the same ol vanilla conservative offense. We will try to establish the run and win the time of possession battle like we always do. If the opponent slows down or stops the run, we will air it out more. The offensive game plan is pretty much the same week after week.

Last edited:

My prediction
UTEP 24
NU 13

Peace
Hey cheer up. This is a real opportunity for yall to get off the skids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT