ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP UNT Game Thread

Oh well. Not like he’s been the second coming of Aaron Jones. He’s been average at best.
I don’t remember Jones’ workload when he played. Though he probably wasn’t rotating with at least 2 other backs who could also start. Hard to shine if you’re sharing reps with others, regardless of your output.

They only had 20,056 at the game at the game. Wonder how they won without a sellout? Must have been the IPF and expensive tickets.
Now you're understanding. Higher ticket prices = more money. More money = better facilities. Better facilities = better coaches and recruits.

Reactions: minerfan_14
I don’t remember Jones’ workload when he played. Though he probably wasn’t rotating with at least 2 other backs who could also start. Hard to shine if you’re sharing reps with others, regardless of your output.
Jones shined as a true frosh despite sharing time with Nathan Jeffrey. Btw, I gave you grief about your comment that we may not get to 8 wins this season. Sadly, your prediction looks spot-on.

Jones shined as a true frosh despite sharing time with Nathan Jeffrey. Btw, I gave you grief about your comment that we may not get to 8 wins this season. Sadly, your prediction looks spot-on.
The more you expect UTEP to lose, the better off your expectations will be. Not saying they will lose to Rice, but it won’t be shocking if they do.

Now you're understanding. Higher ticket prices = more money. More money = better facilities. Better facilities = better coaches and recruits.
UTEP has better players than UNT. At least it looks like they do. Dimel is just a bonehead and doesn’t realize what he has. Higher ticket prices won’t solve bad decisions or giving up a long pass to lose the game.

UTEP has better players than UNT. At least it looks like they do. Dimel is just a bonehead and doesn’t realize what he has. Higher ticket prices won’t solve bad decisions or giving up a long pass to lose the game.
Not on paper. UNT has a bunch of players that other FBS schools wanted. They've ranked #1 in the conference while we've ranked last for a few seasons now. Maybe just maybe Dimel gets more out of his recruits than they do.

The more you expect UTEP to lose, the better off your expectations will be. Not saying they will lose to Rice, but it won’t be shocking if they do.

When we got our 6th win I thought for sure we'd get to 8. I just thought we'd beat 2 out of FAU, UNT, and Rice. Now, I agree with you that we may not even beat Rice.

This team will get destroyed if they play in a bowl game. The only thing this team does consistently is make boneheaded mistakes just when you need them to not make boneheaded mistakes.

I've said this before. Dimel has done an outstanding job building a foundation. If he doesn't return, the cupboards aren't bare and the next guy can change the energy and provide an immediate spark.

IMO, Hardison isn't good enough to keep the Defense honest. If he can't complete around 60%, teams are going to be able to stop the run because they know that every other pass hits the ground and kills drives.

In a ball control offense, you need a checkdown QB that hits high percentage throws. Not a guy holding the ball waiting for Cowing to blow past everyone.

Our passing game doesn't match our Game Plan.

When we got our 6th win I thought for sure we'd get to 8. I just thought we'd beat 2 out of FAU, UNT, and Rice. Now, I agree with you that we may not even beat Rice.

This team will get destroyed if they play in a bowl game. The only thing this team does consistently is make boneheaded mistakes just when you need them to not make boneheaded mistakes.
Not me. Because we still had @FAU, UTSA, @ UAB which I have said from the pre season would be guaranteed losses. That would leave us with @UNT and Rice. A split is reasonable and what I expect us to do. A sweep, please, this is UTEP football.

I spoke to a UNT fan before the game and he said that UNT has been playing much better since the 2nd half of the LIberty game. He said he didn’t know what the staff did, but since then, UNT actually looked like a football team. He said he thought the game could go either way. Unfortunately, he was correct.

Reactions: JCorona
I spoke to a UNT fan before the game and he said that UNT has been playing much better since the 2nd half of the LIberty game. He said he didn’t know what the staff did, but since then, UNT actually looked like a football team. He said he thought the game could go either way. Unfortunately, he was correct.
Their schedule was the opposite of ours with all the good teams loaded at the start of the season. When I saw them against Liberty I knew we would struggle against UNT. I think they'll continue their bowl run with an easy win next week. UTSA better watch out cuz that's going to be a very dangerous UNT team in their home finale. I'm already predicting that UNT beats them to reach bowl eligibility.

Reactions: FedupMiner
A split against two awful teams is reasonable ? Talk about low expectations
FT-860-x-380-101921-Build-Back-Better-Expectations-b.jpg

Reactions: MinerFan79
A split against two awful teams is reasonable ? Talk about low expectations
Until UTEP wins consistently, you can expect to lose to all the good teams and drop some winnable games. This team is only different because they haven’t lost to a 1-10 team. Why would expect them to win against good teams? Look at the way the won versus Bethune Cookman. A good team would have won 56-10

Until UTEP wins consistently, you can expect to lose to all the good teams and drop some winnable games. This team is only different because they haven’t lost to a 1-10 team. Why would expect them to win against good teams? Look at the way the won versus Bethune Cookman. A good team would have won 56-10
Unfortunately you’re right

Yes UTEP had better players from what I saw in person. However N. Texas made adjustments and kept exploiting Uteps weakness both offensively and Defensively. Dimel doesn't make changes until it's too late. FAU/N. Texas prime examples.

I was at the game, and man I can tell you life got sucked out of every UTEP fan seeing the ending of that game.

UTEP isn't making holes for the running backs, it was good to see Wadley back but I am not even sure if he was 100%. Hankins could worn down this defense if he was used more. UTEP need utilize the speed of Smith and Cowing by running quick easy completions to them. Cowing is out there again proving he is the best offensive player. Defensively, the pass rush was not there, our cornerback depth is terrible, one thing I see that been a improvement is open field tackling but this should've been a game UTEP should've won.

UTEP isn't making holes for the running backs
I've been saying that since the ODU game. They are getting no push on opponent D line. Dimel said in his post game show they were using different shifting for the run d or something like that.

I think UNT will beat UTSA.

Their schedule was the opposite of ours with all the good teams loaded at the start of the season. When I saw them against Liberty I knew we would struggle against UNT. I think they'll continue their bowl run with an easy win next week. UTSA better watch out cuz that's going to be a very dangerous UNT team in their home finale. I'm already predicting that UNT beats them to reach bowl eligibility.

Called it. I know I'm annoying but I watched a lot of CUSA football to know what I'm talking about.

Called it. I know I'm annoying but I watched a lot of CUSA football to know what I'm talking about.
JC calling it like Nostradamus. When you first posted it, I didn't think it would happen, but you got it on the dot my friend. Really, UTSA could have easily lost last week at home as well if UAB had gone for it with fourth and an inch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT