ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP/UTSA Thread.

UTEPMiners8106

MI Hall of Famer
Jul 15, 2013
ESPN+ is working good. So that’s a plus. But the mistakes let UTSA back in this game, so that’s not a surprise.

UTEP in control of the game, Juniel muffs a punt and UTSA scores. As I type this, a nice kick return called back with a block in the back and UTEP has to start at their 7 yard line.

I am so mad right now. Its ridiculous. I dont even know what any coach can do about the endless stupid mistakes.

Take them out of the game? Make the team do stadiums per every unforced turnover and penalty? Does that hurt the team more than it helps?

- Kalon Beverly continues to struggle.

- Terry Juniel should fair catch these short kick-offs, you are allowed to do that starting this year and get the ball at the 25.

- CJ Reese needs to play more outside and stop collapsing inside.

- The UTSA playcalling has been much better than UTEP’s to this point.

Offensively if you can stop the QB read option The MIners have no plan B.
How about another QB? As soon as every team realizes that he really can't throw, the game is over. That usually takes about 1 drive. This is just sad. Are our other options that terrible that this is all we've got? I give credit to Kai for trying. He may not have much help but the coaches HAVE to spread things around a little bit! Some players are just being wasted

I have lost faith in UTEPs ability to come from behind and get a win so this looks like another loss, if by some miracle they do come back I will gladly eat crow.

I disagree with going for it on 4th and 2 at UTSA's 22. I disagree even more with throwing the ball on that play. You run it and it's a 50% of success play. Throwing it's like a 20% of success play.

Loksley is horrible, the whole offense is horrible. Who is is in charge here? Dimmel? Canales? I just wastes $5 on this crap. Not even worth that.

Dimel sounded...irritated at the turnovers (Boeing engines make me want to raise the volume but it’s at max) give ‘em stadiums. So, so easy to be ahead/winning.
Sounds like the defense is holding up?

Dimel sounded...irritated at the turnovers (Boeing engines make me want to raise the volume but it’s at max) give ‘em stadiums. So, so easy to be ahead/winning.
Sounds like the defense is holding up?
Hard to judge the defense. UTSA keeps starting in UTEP territory. The personal foul gave them the last 3 points. 14 points off of turnovers too.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Another stupid penalty, 15 yard personal foul, puts UTSA in field goal range.

Thus far, this has not been a good look for our coaching nor our team.
I remember (as a resident assistant) that the Price teams would be partying the night before and the discipline went downhill (2007-10). This better not be the case with this team.

Garbage O-Line, garbage WRs, QB who can’t throw to save his life.... what else did I miss?

Garbage O-Line, garbage WRs, QB who can’t throw to save his life.... what else did I miss?
Defense and special teams?
O-Line is garbage if they’re the 2-3rd stringers (since our main o-Line is out due to injuries). As far as the QB, throw in the 3rd stringer? Metz would be great, if he was given the right coaching for the past 3-4 years...

Defense and special teams?
O-Line is garbage if they’re the 2-3rd stringers (since our main o-Line is out due to injuries). As far as the QB, throw in the 3rd stringer? Metz would be great, if he was given the right coaching for the past 3-4 years...

I really can’t fault the defense. They’ve been put in bad situations. Beverly hasn’t performend how I expected this year but that’s the least of our problems.

Get your tickets now for the UNT game. Tickets selling fast to see the best team in college football!!!!

Get your tickets now for the UNT game. Tickets selling fast to see the best team in college football!!!!

ohboy.gif

We just completed two passes in one drive, including one for a TD? I didn't know that we could do that.

If someone can help me understand. I'm not criticizing, just confused. Our run game is good and hard to stop. The coaching staff deserves credit for that. Teams have to put 8 in the box to stop it.

So, when we throw, why do we throw short? Corners are pressing the receivers because they're playing run. They're sitting on routes. There's no safety help. In my opinion we should throw deep. There are easy deep routes. Streaks from the receivers, 15 yard posts, play-actions where the receivers are slanting.

If someone can help me understand. I'm not criticizing, just confused. Our run game is good and hard to stop. The coaching staff deserves credit for that. Teams have to put 8 in the box to stop it.

So, when we throw, why do we throw short? Corners are pressing the receivers because they're playing run. They're sitting on routes. There's no safety help. In my opinion we should throw deep. There are easy deep routes. Streaks from the receivers, 15 yard posts, play-actions where the receivers are slanting.

Because our QB doesn’t throw a good deep ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT