ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Five Texas G5 Programs

We're losing nearly a milly for a softball team that can't even compete with EPCC? Am I the only one that's bothered by that. 4 milly loss by football made me burp and almost vomit as well.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
We're losing nearly a milly for a softball team that can't even compete with EPCC? Am I the only one that's bothered by that. 4 milly loss by football made me burp and almost vomit as well.
Well, the softball team is needed for Title IX. But yeah, softball got that fancy ballpark and softball is a warm-weather sport, ideal for El Paso, so UTEP should be able to recruit some players. They should do better.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I want to know how the f UTEP received more than double the amount of NCAA/conference distributions than UH. The AAC has finished ahead of the rest of the G5. Could it be UTEP benefiting from exit fees? UNT and UTSA didn’t make as much as UTEP in that department.

Reactions: ELPGREEN
I want to know how the f UTEP received more than double the amount of NCAA/conference distributions than UH. The AAC has finished ahead of the rest of the G5. Could it be UTEP benefiting from exit fees? UNT and UTSA didn’t make as much as UTEP in that department.

Some of it was exit fees. Most of it was from media rights. After the last realignment cusa still had a decent media rights package. UTEP USM Rice UAB and Marshall got almost all the remaining media rights money. Then of course after the shakeup cusa got a terrible media rights package. That money is all gone.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Some of it was exit fees. Most of it was from media rights. After the last realignment cusa still had a decent media rights package. UTEP USM Rice UAB and Marshall got almost all the remaining media rights money. Then of course after the shakeup cusa got a terrible media rights package. That money is all gone.
Well according to the website the media money is a different amount not listed.

“A note on NCAA/Conference distributions:

The figures listed for NCAA and conference distributions do not include TV revenue, which are listed separated in each university’s NCAA report.”

So that’s why I figured it was exit fees, along with playoff money, and the extra money G5 conferences received from the order they finished rank.

Thank you for clarifying. Everyone is "Debbie Downer" right now and it is totally justified. Kugler and Floyd, two former UTEP family members no less, left losing programs. Sad but true. But the triplets are gone now (Stull, Kug and Floyd). It's Senter's and Dimel's show now.

Did you hear last week that MTSU is just 100 behind in attendance to UTEP in basketball?! Sweet jezus! If UTEP had that MTSU team wearing UTEP colors the DHC would be packed to the rafters!

Thank you for clarifying. Everyone is "Debbie Downer" right now and it is totally justified. Kugler and Floyd, two former UTEP family members no less, left losing programs. Sad but true. But the triplets are gone now (Stull, Kug and Floyd). It's Senter's and Dimel's show now.

Did you hear last week that MTSU is just 100 behind in attendance to UTEP in basketball?! Sweet jezus! If UTEP had that MTSU team wearing UTEP colors the DHC would be packed to the rafters!

As painful as it is I think the best thing for the program was to hit rock bottom.

The funeral is over, better days are ahead. For the first time ever we are really trying in football. Stull was happy with the status quo and he still managed to hire three football coaches who all led us to winning seasons and bowls. Imagine what's going to happen under Senter who has a vision and will raise expectations. Basketball will be ok too. There's a man in Lexington who can fix hoops very quickly. It's time to bring tony home and turn the dhc back to barbee's playhouse Better days are ahead the golden age of UTEP athletics is ahead.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
The bad part is the eulogy for this years mens basketball team is still droning on. I'll feel better when that's overwith.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
As painful as it is I think the best thing for the program was to hit rock bottom.

The funeral is over, better days are ahead. For the first time ever we are really trying in football. Stull was happy with the status quo and he still managed to hire three football coaches who all led us to winning seasons and bowls. Imagine what's going to happen under Senter who has a vision and will raise expectations. Basketball will be ok too. There's a man in Lexington who can fix hoops very quickly. It's time to bring tony home and turn the dhc back to barbee's playhouse Better days are ahead the golden age of UTEP athletics is ahead.

Dude, no....just no

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT