ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP VS JSU GAME THREAD

Good morning everyone. After what I consider to be one of the stupidest losses in UTEP history, which is saying a lot, I want wish us all a better day. Good morning to the players as they deserve a competent leader. Good morning to the fans as we have been through so much and, frankly, I don't know we continue to do it.

Dimel and Senter, I would not like to wish you a good morning. I may never forgive this loss and you're to blame.

Good morning everyone. After what I consider to be one of the stupidest losses in UTEP history, which is saying a lot, I want wish us all a better day. Good morning to the players as they deserve a competent leader. Good morning to the fans as we have been through so much and, frankly, I don't know we continue to do it.

Dimel and Senter, I would not like to wish you a good morning. I may never forgive this loss and you're to blame.
Driving from east coast back to El Paso and as I was going thru Dallas I was sick from Dimel’s play calling as the game played through my car speakers. 2 crucial catches got dropped and Hardison threw 2 pics. But JSU was prepared.

Cole Freytag (co play by play with Teicher) was like a robot computer voice all afternoon,

“He needs to mix it up”, over and over and over. I can still hear it in my head this morning.

We’re in year six and these guys are still finding new and inventive ways to lose games. I wish someone would hold not only the coach but the AD accountable. Can either one of these jokers come out, make a statement and tell us why we should care because barring a turnaround of un-UTEP proportions I’m through with Dimel. 4 million plus over 6 years and he’s recruited two of the worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen in Locksley and Hardison, and he’s by far the worst in game manager I’ve seen and the second worst offensive offensive coordinator I’ve seen. As I’m typing this I might move Dimel to number 1 because at least Patrick Higgins won a WAC championship and he coached Lee Mays and Natkin into elite players in 2000.

Last edited:
Ok. Who didn’t see that play coming a mile away. 4th and 3 looked way too far for to scrum forward for the 1st and it just screamed Trent Thompson. I won’t give Jax St credit because that was such an awful job by UTEP.
A) It’s been making the rounds on social media for 2 years from the FSU game.
B) Dimel has been using this very play at KSU for years. He ran it against UTEP last time we played them and scored (Kugler as coach). He has different schemes he uses. JSU picked up the route players immediately and their D line bunched the middle.
C) Yes, 4 yards was too much.

Rich Rod swept the floor with our coaches.

Our team was in great condition. Handled the heat well.

Defense played great.

Really missed Thompson and Rey Flores.

Special teams was not

Obvious playcalling and ball security issues.

On the last play of the game, Hardison could have walked into the end zone if he'd looked to his right at all.

Last edited:

Defense played great.

Special teams was not

On the last play of the game, Hardison could have walked into the end zone if he'd looked to his right at all.
Do you're saying we could have won with a dual threat QB? Da da da da da (in the words of Snoop Dogg).

Driving from east coast back to El Paso and as I was going thru Dallas I was sick from Dimel’s play calling as the game played through my car speakers. 2 crucial catches got dropped and Hardison threw 2 pics. But JSU was prepared.

Cole Freytag (co play by play with Teicher) was like a robot computer voice all afternoon,

“He needs to mix it up”, over and over and over. I can still hear it in my head this morning.

I mostly listened to the game as well. I was in Houston when the game started, and watched up until the TD was overturned and we turned it over on downs thanks to that incredibly stupid play. After that I listened to it while driving up to my brother in law's house in Palestine, TX. It was a frustrating game to listen to, I can't imagine how bad it was to watch the whole thing. And to think that I've been looking forward to this game forever, and was so disappointed yesterday that I wasn't able to watch it. Now I wish that I hadn't heard if either.

I mostly listened to the game as well. I was in Houston when the game started, and watched up until the TD was overturned and we turned it over on downs thanks to that incredibly stupid play. After that I listened to it while driving up to my brother in law's house in Palestine, TX. It was a frustrating game to listen to, I can't imagine how bad it was to watch the whole thing. And to think that I've been looking forward to this game forever, and was so disappointed yesterday that I wasn't able to watch it. Now I wish that I hadn't heard if either.
Basically utep is offensive to all senses.

Miner Fandom in a nutshell.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I hate to be Captain Obvious but even if UTEP gets the first down, they still needed points and without the timeouts it was likely headed to OT IF the Freshman makes the kick.

This wasn’t Marshawn Lynch on the 1.

Does Dimel not trust his kicker? He could have played for OT on that play.

What makes anyone believe he is going to be a more clutch play caller in OT then when there is a minute and a half left?

Same as a lot of you I listened to the game and was frustrated by more qb errors, play calling and time management. We are going to live and die with Dimel and Hardison. I’m pulling for Hardison because he has a good arm but lacks some qb IQ. As for Dimel 👎🏼

Reactions: MineroFanatico
My cable package doesn't carry the B1G Network. I was thinking about upgrading so I could watch the Northwestern game. After yesterday, I might just follow it on game tracker.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
My cable package doesn't carry the B1G Network. I was thinking about upgrading so I could watch the Northwestern game. After yesterday, I might just follow it on game tracker.
Just sign up for a free trial of Fubo TV. Sign up on Saturday, cancel after the game ( or during) and you won’t be charged.

Don’t waste your time with the cable company

Reactions: Lil_Train
Same as a lot of you I listened to the game and was frustrated by more qb errors, play calling and time management. We are going to live and die with Dimel and Hardison. I’m pulling for Hardison because he has a good arm but lacks some qb IQ. As for Dimel 👎🏼

I want both of them to succeed. I want Senter to be successful as well.

Reactions: picks up
I hate to be Captain Obvious but even if UTEP gets the first down, they still needed points and without the timeouts it was likely headed to OT IF the Freshman makes the kick.

This wasn’t Marshawn Lynch on the 1.

Does Dimel not trust his kicker? He could have played for OT on that play.

What makes anyone believe he is going to be a more clutch play caller in OT then when there is a minute and a half left?
I think this is a good point. Yes, we don't know what would have happened if our coach handled the situation better. However, the fact that Dimel didn't give us a chance is what we're all mad at. I think a lot of us would have still been mad about losing in overtime but I, for one, would have been less upset.

A

Defense played great.

Special teams was not

Also had an open receiver for the 1st down, but missed him and forced the pass instead. Either way bad play calls on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1

Same. But at what point do you admit you’ve seen enough to know they won’t be?
I think 6 years is enough. Kugler quit in year 5, Price went 9, Bailey went 7, David Lee went a little over 5. The only guy UTEP has ever fired “quickly”, and I’m using that term loosely is Gary Nord. How many years does a coach need before we accept that enough is enough?

Even NMSU cans coaches quicker than UTEP. Aside from Doug Martin, both Mumme and Walker didn’t last 4 years at NMSU, but at least Martin won a bowl game. Why do we insist on keeping guys forever?

Defense played great.

Special teams was not

I agree with you. When I saw the highlights of the game on that last interception, if Hardison had better vision he could have run for the first down to his right or even scored, or he could’ve thrown it to Akharai. He was more open than Smith.

A comparison of the two coaches yesterday.

Rodriguez was tearing into his players during the game and even benched his starting quarterback on their next to the last drive, (accountability).

Post game interview with Dimel and he is smiling the whole time during his interview.😡

A comparison of the two coaches yesterday.

Rodriguez was tearing into his players during the game and even benched his starting quarterback on their next to the last drive, (accountability).

Post game interview with Dimel and he is smiling the whole time during his interview.😡
I can understand you can’t be too up or too down but Dimel’s personality is really starting to annoy me. We’re here mad as hell about how the Miners played and he’s up there talking about time of possession like it means anything. I’d rather UTEP threw caution to the wind and ditched this fossil football because at the end of the day we’re going to lose anyways. I’d rather see a UTEP team that loses but scored 35+ a game like we did under Price because at least those games were fun as opposed to these slow deaths under Dimel. Between Kugler and Dimel it’s been over a decade of this run first trash and I’m sick of it.

I can understand you can’t be too up or too down but Dimel’s personality is really starting to annoy me. We’re here mad as hell about how the Miners played and he’s up there talking about time of possession like it means anything. I’d rather UTEP threw caution to the wind and ditched this fossil football because at the end of the day we’re going to lose anyways. I’d rather see a UTEP team that loses but scored 35+ a game like we did under Price because at least those games were fun as opposed to these slow deaths under Dimel. Between Kugler and Dimel it’s been over a decade of this run first trash and I’m sick of it.
Preach It Brotha, Preach It!!!

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106

Defense played great.

Special teams was not

100% spot on.

2 things (just going by Teicher/CF radio since I was on the road): JSU db’s were noted playing “6 yards off their wr” which indicates their D were playing the run the entire game, no adjustments by Dimel.

Walk in by Hardison? Heck, he had options all over the field. Dimel needs to explain why is a senior and seasoned qb still staring down his receivers?

Walk in by Hardison? Heck, he had options all over the field. Dimel needs to explain why is a senior and seasoned qb still staring down his receivers?
More like explain why he continues to start a QB that shouldn’t be starting at this level because he has the skill set of a 3rd string QB. He also needs to explain why he has done absolutely nothing to try and upgrade the QB position these past few years. Harrison’s issues aren’t because of coaching, they are because of him, he stinks.

Teams are going to try everything to shut down the run and make Hardison try and beat them because theirs odds of winning go up significantly.

More like explain why he continues to start a QB that shouldn’t be starting at this level because he has the skill set of a 3rd string QB. He also needs to explain why he has done absolutely nothing to try and upgrade the QB position these past few years. Harrison’s issues aren’t because of coaching, they are because of him, he stinks.

Teams are going to try everything to shut down the run and make Hardison try and beat them because theirs odds of winning go up significantly.
But Hardison has great character and is wearing Luke's number proudly!

:rolleyes:

I agree. My gawd, Kill benched Pavia against UMass because he started poorly.

I was a big Hardison fan but he is a liability.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
100% spot on.

2 things (just going by Teicher/CF radio since I was on the road): JSU db’s were noted playing “6 yards off their wr” which indicates their D were playing the run the entire game, no adjustments by Dimel.

Teams know what the strength of our offense is and that Hardison is awful. We can expect to see defenses keying in on our run game all season.

Because he has an "nfl arm". Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Taco1977

The 3rd string is an exaggeration. He puts throws in places a 3rd string QB doesn't. He placed 2 dimes on TD passes that just weren't held. And the back shoulder TD pass was an elite ball. With that said, he still stares down receivers, take sacks he doesn't need to and isn't accurate enough on the short ball. So I think he should be a backup, but like you said there's no quality options to start ahead of him or at least Dimel makes it seem.

The 3rd string is an exaggeration. He puts throws in places a 3rd string QB doesn't. He placed 2 dimes on TD passes that just weren't held. And the back shoulder TD pass was an elite ball. With that said, he still stares down receivers, take sacks he doesn't need to and isn't accurate enough on the short ball. So I think he should be a backup, but like you said there's no quality options to start ahead of him or at least Dimel makes it seem.
His throws are late.

I'd like to see Hurley or McNamara get a shot this weekend. Maybe they can turn the ball over fewer than 3 times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT