ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP VS JSU GAME THREAD

Our stadium is FBS level, although aging. Football program definitely belongs in FCS though. Wonder if we can get Idaho to get us a spot with them in the Big West or whatever conference they are in.
We better hope so, because sadly that is the direction we appear to be heading in. Especially if Wilson cares as little about athletics as it appears.

If he's fired, I hope the new coach will make a change in quarterback. Hardison has no business playing division one football. His ability to process play information is terrible.
Actually only made one mistake on the Int other then that was pretty accurate and had two perfect TD throws dropped. So no it's mostly on Dimel and some on Hardison.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Actually only made one mistake on the Int other then that was pretty accurate and had two perfect TD throws dropped. So no it's mostly on Dimel and some on Hardison.
I’m not for blaming players. It’s on the coach. Coach draws up the plays and makes adjustments. If they aren’t executing, it’s up to the coach to decide what they should do about it.

I’m not for blaming players. It’s on the coach. Coach draws up the plays and makes adjustments. If they aren’t executing, it’s up to the coach to decide what they should do about it.
The infuriating thing is that we want the coach toss his playbook out the window. And the one time he decides toss it out it was the two times he needed it!

Neither does the board. Money is pouring into the school for research. They see that as the path to financial stability. Sports will not do that at UTEP.

You weren't kidding, wow. Record breaking fund raising. Our alumni don't care about sports either.

Well…NMSU is getting it handed to them at home. So both Utep and NMSU are going to lose to two teams in the ESPN bottom 10. And here I thought both of these teams had turned a corner from the bottom 10. Atleast we got another pillow fight to look forward to…ugh! I’m all in on volleyball!!

Reactions: Lil_Train
I wish I was one who that made me feel about our own loss, but it never has.
Yeah, just makes me realize that football in our region is just meant to be garbage. Although. NmSU started last season poorly and finished strong. They still have hope. Dimels teams do not improve as the season goes on. It's more like a sinusoidal wave at UTEP but with less peaks, more valleys.

15 years ago we couldn’t envision someone like UTSA being in the same conference as us. 5 years ago we couldn’t imagine someone like UTSA being in a better conference than us.

I know that UTEP is an academic institution, and strong academics is the priority, however PickMyAxe’s ‘maybe’ joke about Idaho saving us a spot in the Big West may end up being somewhat prophetic.

We have a president who doesn’t value what a strong athletic program can bring to an institution. We have an athletic director who has probably the easiest AD job in America with the lowest expectations. We have a head fb coach that can justify the most bone headed of play calling and chalk it up as ‘about what he expected’.

I honestly don’t think we’ve seen our own basement yet.

You weren't kidding, wow. Record breaking fund raising. Our alumni don't care about sports either.
I wonder what the fundraising numbers look like for the "front porch of the university"? That was supposedly Senter's area of expertise.

15 years ago we couldn’t envision someone like UTSA being in the same conference as us. 5 years ago we couldn’t imagine someone like UTSA being in a better conference than us.

I know that UTEP is an academic institution, and strong academics is the priority, however PickMyAxe’s ‘maybe’ joke about Idaho saving us a spot in the Big West may end up being somewhat prophetic.

We have a president who doesn’t value what a strong athletic program can bring to an institution. We have an athletic director who has probably the easiest AD job in America with the lowest expectations. We have a head fb coach that can justify the most bone headed of play calling and chalk it up as ‘about what he expected’.

I honestly don’t think we’ve seen our own basement yet.
I was joking but it is hard to have hope when the President of the university doesn't care about athletics. We will never get dropped down to FCS because GECU/insert whoever else will just buy up the needed tickets to qualify for FBS. UTEP wants to be FBS just to say they are FBS.

Unless UTEP stops raking in the donations, things with this AD will just get worse because complacency will always be a weakness.

I was joking but it is hard to have hope when the President of the university doesn't care about athletics. We will never get dropped down to FCS because GECU/insert whoever else will just buy up the needed tickets to qualify for FBS. UTEP wants to be FBS just to say they are FBS.

Unless UTEP stops raking in the donations, things with this AD will just get worse because complacency will always be a weakness.
Yeah, we may never get dropped down to FCS, however, by default that’s almost where we are as of now. I see WKU, La Tech and FIU all getting an invite to a “higher” conference before we ever get one. That would leave CUSA scrambling to acquire more FCS teams to fill out the conference…hence why I call it FCS by default. I knew you were joking, but it’s now not so far fetched that we will share a conference with someone like an Idaho.

Dana Dimel has hoodwinked Senter and the UTEP athletic department of over 4 million dollars and that’s not counting his staff salaries. Absolute highway robbery.
How about Senter? The athletic department as a whole is as bad as it has ever been, stuck in the absolute last rung of conferences. At any other D1 school these guys would have been long gone. Sad and embarrassing.

Maybe the best thing about all of this is that since our local media won’t call Dimel on his shit and hold him accountable, seems the national media will.

The benefit of playing in week zero is that a lot of eyes are on any and every team playing since everybody is Jones’in for football. Anybody who saw the shit show knows that Dimel called a fvckn’ horrible game, and especially down the wire, and they are saying so.

Maybe the heat won’t be hot enough for him to lose his job immediately, however the national media certainly won’t cast any illusions that Dimel is a competent coach. Maybe Wilson will hear that. Maybe. Probably not though.

Don’t forget about the hour and a half or longer bus ride to Birmingham because CUSAs new football powerhouse addition doesn’t have an airport.
And this is what we’ve become as a football program.
15 years ago we were traveling to Houston, Dallas, New Orleans and Orlando. Now we’re traveling to Huntsville, TX and Jacksonville, Alabama.

Not for Dimel. UTEP won the time of possession battle and gained more total yards than JSU. Dimel is a happy camper flying back.

Nord had: “This is a 5 year plan”
Price had: “Gosh…. I don’t know what happened.”
Kugler had: “This is on me, I guarantee we will fix it.”
Dimel has: “We won the time of possession.”

In closing Dimel pissed away a win. Jacksonville was definitely on their Heals and Dimel handed it to them. With that said a win would've be nice, but I would've still been disappointed in the performance. Especially the OLines and DLines getting outplayed SMH 😏

Not for Dimel. UTEP won the time of possession battle and gained more total yards than JSU. Dimel is a happy camper flying back. It’s hilarious that he thinks UTEP football is gaining national respect.
You would hope you win TOP against a fast paced, no huddle team. UTEP never felt like they were in control of the game, even with the TOP, total yards and first downs advantage.

You would hope you win TOP against a fast paced, no huddle team. UTEP never felt like they were in control of the game, even with the TOP, total yards and first downs advantage.
I felt confident up until they had that TD overturned… so maybe the first 10 minutes of the game?

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT