ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP VS JSU GAME THREAD

Another loss to start the season in the first conference game of the year and against a team playing its first game as an FBS program. This loss has killed all expectations going into this year and Will Not get fans in the stands. Forget about selling out the Sun Bowl against UIW. I don’t care if you charge $5, people will not show up. I wanted to believe but was immediately brought to reality.

Someone X at Deaver and tell him to ask Dimel in his face
I won't hitch my wagon to Deaver. Deaver said a couple weeks ago on his podcast that UTEP shouldn't want to get into the MWC because we couldn't compete anyways. Makes me wonder when we have been competitive in CUSA. UTEP has an overall top 3 CUSA athletic budget and they just lost to one of the lowest budgets in the conference. In a high school stadium. I'd rather watch utep lose in the MWC than lose in CUSA.

How many fades do we EVER complete! That’s not Stafford and Megatron out there.
Right, it's a terrible play-call. But Hardison put the pass right where it needed to be. The receiver dropped it. Given the play that was called, what more could you ask of Hardison on that play?

All the blame goes to Dimel, IMO. I don't think it's fair to call Hardison a dumb ass.

Reactions: kickballpro
Right, it's a terrible play-call. But Hardison put the pass right where it needed to be. The receiver dropped it. Given the play that was called, what more could you ask of Hardison on that play?

All the blame goes to Dimel, IMO. I don't think it's fair to call Hardison a dumb ass.
He is what he is. 2 picks and a fumble, this is not what we should be getting from a 4th year starter. All I know is we only have 91 more days till the end of the Hardison (and hopefully the Dimel) era as well. I’m counting down like it’s Christmas.

Throw was late. Hardison is slow releasing the ball.

The 3rd down was at least defensible. Hopefully catch them off guard and it almost worked. But you only do that if you can get the yard on the ground.

The 4th down play is fireable. The whole theory of Dimel ball is out the window if you can't muscle 1 yard when it counts.

I won't hitch my wagon to Deaver. Deaver said a couple weeks ago on his podcast that UTEP shouldn't want to get into the MWC because we couldn't compete anyways. Makes me wonder when we have been competitive in CUSA. UTEP has an overall top 3 CUSA athletic budget and they just lost to one of the lowest budgets in the conference. In a high school stadium. I'd rather watch utep lose in the MWC than lose in CUSA.
Stadium 🏟️ is actually ok holds about 24,000. I agree with everything else though. This one really hurts 🤕

The 3rd was at least defensible. Hopefully catch them off guard and it almost worked. But do that if you can get the yard on the ground.

The 4th down play is fireable. The whole theory of Dimel ball is out the window if you can't muscle 1 yard when it counts.
But again, a fade. How many fades do we hit? Ever? I’m not even mad at the receiver because those are hard catches, especially since they’re over the shoulder. I’ll forgive that one too.

Reactions: utep-piggy
The 3rd was at least defensible. Hopefully catch them off guard and it almost worked. But do that if you can get the yard on the ground.

Not really. 3rd and 1, gotta think if you run it twice, you’re probably picking up the first down

Honestly, I think we’re right where we belong. Lower middle of the pack in the worst FBS conference in football. We’re right at home.
Our stadium is FBS level, although aging. Football program definitely belongs in FCS though. Wonder if we can get Idaho to get us a spot with them in the Big West or whatever conference they are in.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
The 3rd down was at least defensible. Hopefully catch them off guard and it almost worked. But you only do that if you can get the yard on the ground.

There was a dude wide open on 4th.

But it shouldn’t have been a pass in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT