ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs MTSU

bad season for the Miners. No real identity nor leader for the team. Almost started to come together but always seem to made that last one mistake to seal their doom. Next year will be the same. But 2025 will be the turnaround year.
Sad but true... Personally, I think Joe is over his head at this level... Keeping him will require a lot of patience from all the Miner fans.. are you ready for that?

bad season for the Miners. No real identity nor leader for the team. Almost started to come together but always seem to made that last one mistake to seal their doom. Next year will be the same. But 2025 will be the turnaround year.
Sad but true... Personally, I think Joe is over his head at this level... Keeping him will require a lot of patience from all the Miner fans.. are you ready for that?
What would be the difference between year 3 and year 4 for Golding? He needs to show he can recruit better players to UTEP. If that doesn't start this year, I think we will have the answer on the direction of the program.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
FINAL STATS:
hadn't won a home game since January? WOW.
TEAM STATS
i
i
FG24-5627-52
Field Goal %42.951.9
3PT7-228-15
Three Point %31.853.3
FT10-1915-18
Free Throw %52.683.3
Rebounds3332
Offensive Rebounds149
Defensive Rebounds1923
Assists915
Steals1011
Blocks51
Total Turnovers1919
Fouls1817

I don’t understand the negativity in this thread. Was the season disappointing? Yea. They ended the home season with a solid win and should have some momentum going into the conference tournament. If we play like today, we have a fighters chance against anyone that isn’t FAU. It was great seeing the team in person one last time.

As an aside, anyone else get a call this past week or so asking to pay for the basketball season tickets now instead of Julyish?

I don’t understand the negativity in this thread. Was the season disappointing? Yea. They ended the home season with a solid win and should have some momentum going into the conference tournament. If we play like today, we have a fighters chance against anyone that isn’t FAU. It was great seeing the team in person one last time.

As an aside, anyone else get a call this past week or so asking to pay for the basketball season tickets now instead of Julyish?
I would say it's the accumulation of terrible basketball over the last twelve years. People are sick of it. And this is better than apathy, which represents a majority of utep fans now. Atleast we care. I personally am just sick of the bad basketball... it's the major sport where we should have high expectations.

The Miners haven’t won a conference tournament since 2005 and have only made 2 finals, 13 and 12 years ago since. They usually are 1 and done. They’re lucky to win 1 game. The chances of this team winning more than 1 game is extremely low.

It’s just facts.

The Miners haven’t won a conference tournament since 2005 and have only made 2 finals, 13 and 12 years ago since. They usually are 1 and done. They’re lucky to win 1 game. The chances of this team winning more than 1 game is extremely low.

It’s just facts.
Atleast we finished top ten in conference usa.

I would say it's the accumulation of terrible basketball over the last twelve years. People are sick of it. And this is better than apathy, which represents a majority of utep fans now. Atleast we care. I personally am just sick of the bad basketball... it's the major sport where we should have high expectations.
I went to my first 🏀 game of the season today, the fan atmosphere was not good (apparently has been all season). The DHC and all of the facilities need a makeover. The only upgrades that I saw that the rails were painted black and courtside club that was in south concourse. The lighting needs to be upgraded not just on the court, but the entire arena inside and outside as well (that includes the Glory Road parking garage). The score boards on the corners need to be upgraded or removed and the seating put back.

Smart move. I mean the fan base is getting pretty old.

Maybe the government should ask us to start paying our taxes a year early too.

I went to my first 🏀 game of the season today, the fan atmosphere was not good (apparently has been all season). The DHC and all of the facilities need a makeover. The only upgrades that I saw that the rails were painted black and courtside club that was in south concourse. The lighting needs to be upgraded not just on the court, but the entire arena inside and outside as well (that includes the Glory Road parking garage). The score boards on the corners need to be upgraded or removed and the seating put back.
The last thing the DHC needs is more seats. UTEP had 1 game this year with more than 6,000 fans. 1.

There are so many games in a season that even bad teams will win a game once in a while. Even UTSA had a win the other night. It is tough to be positive when you finish 2nd to last in CUSA.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT