ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs NMSU Basketball OPT

The loss was inexcusable. I’m not letting him off the hook. If you all are that pissed then demand Golding get fired and hire Hooten. Hooten has been quietly over achieving in Huntsville and no one was paying fukin’ attention…..none of you, zero. We, and I include myself, got all excited over his win over UT and not his overall resume.

Moccia is 100% guilty of those disgusting sexual assault crimes and intraoffice harassment and God knows what else and he did nothing but he hires solid coaches, good for him. You all seriously want him as an AD? Are you f’en kidding me? UTEP would be in hot water so fast your head would spin. Texas college coaches accused Don Haskins of improper recruiting, which was bunk, they would turn in UTEP. No one gives a shat about NMSU, they don’t! But point is, “You…don’t…run…with…the…devil!”. Moccia is creative and pushes the edges, but his day of judgement will come. Im glad Wilson went up to the mic and said “We run a clean program!” and while Golding is frustrating there’s not a legal time bomb hanging over the program.

Christ almighty.
Hooten won 1 SLC regular season title and made the NIT twice. He was hired at NMSU because they don’t have to worry about him recruiting “gangstas”. But even then, that’s only after NMSU got dragged through the mud last year.

If UTEP wants to hire coaches like Hooten, that’s fine. They shouldn’t be paid near or at the top of the league though. Bronzeing is a high paid coach, giving mediocre results. That is the problem. Fans like you will defend these bums up until the very end, then you will talk about how shitty they were afterwards.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Hooten won 1 SLC regular season title and made the NIT twice. He was hired at NMSU because they don’t have to worry about him recruiting “gangstas”. But even then, that’s only after NMSU got dragged through the mud last year.

If UTEP wants to hire coaches like Hooten, that’s fine. They shouldn’t be paid near or at the top of the league though. Bronzeing is a high paid coach, giving mediocre results. That is the problem. Fans like you will defend these bums up until the very end, then you will talk about how shitty they were afterwards.
Don’t disagree at all actually.

However, D1 coaches are not bums. Make bad decisions with the allure of money, substance abuse, sex and power? Oh hell, yes! Just within the past twenty five years miner coaches have been sucked in by all of those demons. But recruit, win, sell tickets, bring in revenue, contend for a conference crown and make sure your kids behave and try to go to class? You give me a plan how you will expand your footprint better than Hooten or Golding? Hooten has to rebuild at a school that has a moral compass of a corrupt politician and Golding has to baby an extremely fickle fan base that has been spoiled by Haskins and absolutely totally ungrateful that they have a FBS (D1A) program with a football stadium that even p5 schools envy. And now we have a president who is taking UTEP to new Tier 1 heights (in R&D in health and engineering) but she gets roasted by UTEP fans?

Ok, UTEP basketball stinks this year. You all made your point. Envying NMSU? I’d rather stay the night at Cereso prison in Juarez.

Last edited:
totally ungrateful that they have a FBS (D1A) program with a football stadium that even p5 schools envy.

Envying NMSU?

lol Which P5 schools envy UTEP?

I'm only envious of NMSU because of all their trips to the NCAA tournament and bowl wins. I really wish UTEP was as successful as NMSU. Maybe one day.

Don’t disagree at all actually.

However, D1 coaches are not bums. Make bad decisions with the allure of money, substance abuse, sex and power? Oh hell, yes! Just within the past twenty five years miner coaches have been sucked in by all three of those demons. But recruit, win, sell tickets, bring in revenue, contend for a conference crown and make sure your kids behave and try to go to class? You give me a plan how you will expand your footprint better than Hooten or Golding? Hooten has to rebuild at a school that has a moral compass of corrupt politician and Golding has to baby an extremely fickle fan base that has been spoiled by Haskins and absolutely totally ungrateful that they have a FBS (D1A) program with a football stadium that even p5 schools envy. And now we have a president who is taking UTEP to new Tier 1 heights (in R&D in health and engineering) but she gets roasted by UTEP fans?

Ok, UTEP basketball stinks this year. You all made your point. Envying NMSU? I’d rather stay the night at Cereso prison in Juarez.
Bum wasn’t a literal term. D1 head coaches have 4 year degrees, make 6 figures, and don’t have behavioral problems.

Expand what footprint? Again, UTEP needs to decide if they’re going to continue to pay for premium coaches or hire lesser coaches. If Golding was making 300k, then his results are fine and expected. However, he is an 800k coach.

The people complaining about UTEP basketball and football results don’t care about what Wilson does academically. Nobody here is discussing math or science scores or the hires in those departments. I don’t care if UTEP is Tier 1 or Tier 400.

The people complaining about UTEP basketball and football results don’t care about what Wilson does academically. Nobody here is discussing math or science scores or the hires in those departments. I don’t care if UTEP is Tier 1 or Tier 400.
I complain about the current state of UTEP Athletics  and care very much about what UTEP is doing academically. I received my BS in Applied Math from UTEP, and care very much that it means something. I also want UTEP to be successful in everything: on the field/pitch, on the court, in the classroom, bringing in R&D dollars, and everythingin between.

I complain about the current state of UTEP Athletics  and care very much about what UTEP is doing academically. I received my BS in Applied Math from UTEP, and care very much that it means something. I also want UTEP to be successful in everything: on the field/pitch, on the court, in the classroom, bringing in R&D dollars, and everythingin between.
Without looking it up, who is the head of the mathematics department at UTEP and how many math degrees do they hand out each year? If you really “cared”, you would know right?

I assume you have been working for 30 years or so, your degree is yours and your boss isn’t looking up UTEP’s academic status and then firing you because the current school isn’t up to par. Your resume and contributions are much more important to potential employers than the education you received decades ago.

I want UTEP to succeed too, but I only care about athletics. Any school that accepts 99% of their applicants will always be seen as “less than”. Their academics doesn’t concern me and likely most potential employers either. It’s not Stanford, Cornell, NYU, Duke, and never will be.

Last edited:

I agree. But, if I had to choose, I would rather win NCAA tournament games and bowl games than be Tier One.

Without looking it up, who is the head of the mathematics department at UTEP and how many math degrees do they hand out each year? If you really “cared”, you would know right?

I assume you have been working for 30 years or so, your degree is yours and your boss isn’t looking up UTEP’s academic status and then firing you because the current school isn’t up to par. Your resume and contributions are much more important to potential employers than the education you received decades ago.

I want UTEP to succeed too, but I only care about athletics. Any school that accepts 99% of their applicants will always be seen as “less than”. Their academics doesn’t concern me and likely most potential employers either. It’s not Stanford, Cornell, NYU, Duke, and never will be.
That’s one of your worst post yet,

I want UTEP to succeed too

Any school that accepts 99% of their applicants will always be seen as “less than”.

No, you don't want UTEP to succeed.

Wow, so you're saying I'm "less than" because I went to UTEP. That's a very condescending comment. I'm proud to be a college graduate and I have a good job because of my degree.

Where did you go to school?

Reactions: Dmanminer
Just arrived at The Don. Didn’t think I’d get a shirt but I did. They’re pretty decent. But also noticed Aggie fans clearly decked out in crimson were being given a shirt too. 🙄

What?! Jesus what jibberish.

Arguing for the sake of arguing to make a point that is nonsensical and to carry on the argument because you have some hard-on for UTEP.

Reactions: groundrounds
Hopper's memory is so good that he can remember things that never happened - like Kalu and Eze playing on the same Miner team
He even said they battled it out in practice last year. It is one thing to make an error, but it is a completely different thing when you just make things up and are obviously unprepared. That said, at least Hooper has a clue about basketball, and it is funny when he corrects Mando, which happens often. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT