ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs WKU 2024 CUSA Championship Thread

I think the key to this one is the play of Kalu and Ham. If they can show up, we win. If they don't keep their bigs off the boards, we don't have a chance.

GO MINERS!

Golding said after the Liberty game that Big Ham was a liability defensively. On TV.

In any case, Big Ham had 10 point and a board in only 8 minutes against Liberty and today had 9 points with 7 rebounds in 13 minutes. He is making a difference. Including on defense. Seems 10-15 minutes of court time is working well for him and the team.

It’s just fun to be here, I hope both teams have fun tomorrow. Senter already typing up a contract extension for winning 2 tournament games.
And if they do win tomorrow…what’s your take then?

I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering if you’d rather the Miners win or rather them lose so that you can continue to rant with some sense of legitimacy.

I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering if you’d rather the Miners win or rather them lose so that you can continue to rant with some sense of legitimacy.
Lol. That’s great if they win, I don’t think Bronzeing should be getting an extension for it though. Especially if the showing is poor against the #2 seed. It will be nice to tune into the selection show and wait for UTEP to be called. He will need to prove himself next year to get an extension. Nobody is coming in to take him away.

If they lose, my opinion doesn’t change. He still sucks and needs to go.

Lol. That’s great if they win, I don’t think Bronzeing should be getting an extension for it though. Especially if the showing is poor against the #2 seed. It will be nice to tune into the selection show and wait for UTEP to be called. He will need to prove himself next year to get an extension. Nobody is coming in to take him away.

I’m not sure who has mentioned an extension for CJG other than you. It kind of skirts the story line itself that the Miners are a game away from going back to the tourney. I think that’s what most of us are wanting and anxiously awaiting.

I’m not pro Golding either, at this point. Despite that fact, I do hope he, and therefore the Miners, get a W tomorrow.

It’s just fun to be here, I hope both teams have fun tomorrow. Senter already typing up a contract extension for winning 2 tournament games.

Don't feed the trolls. If UTEP wins, he will disappear. And then he will reappear when UTEP loses in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: groundrounds

Enjoy the ride. Pretend it’s NMSU.

@KaneFan29 (@NoNCAAWinsSince1992) lives a sad, lonely life and relishes misery. He loves when UTEP loses because he can be negative. Even when UTEP wins he is negative. He has never said one positive thing about UTEP.

Reactions: BREVO2003
Golding said after the Liberty game that Big Ham was a liability defensively. On TV.

In any case, Big Ham had 10 point and a board in only 8 minutes against Liberty and today had 9 points with 7 rebounds in 13 minutes. He is making a difference. Including on defense. Seems 10-15 minutes of court time is working well for him and the team.
I've been very hard on Hamilton from a defensive standpoint, but offensively he changes the entire team dynamic in a positive way. By providing a true lost post threat and playing inside out; even if he doesn't score himself, he is freeing up guys for better looks on the perimeter. On a team that struggles to score, his presence has been crucial and his increased playing time has coincided with the Miner win streak. Unfortunately, Hamilton can't play extended minutes due to conditioning, but I agree that 10-15 quality minutes can make a huge difference.

Kalu has been a net negative in this tournament. It's no surprise that we've made our runs while he's been on the bench. He saw very little action in this game. He'll have to step up tmrw.

Reactions: LTMiner61
I've been very hard on Hamilton from a defensive standpoint, but offensively he changes the entire team dynamic in a positive way. By providing a true lost post threat and playing inside out; even if he doesn't score himself, he is freeing up guys for better looks on the perimeter. On a team that struggles to score, his presence has been crucial and his increased playing time has coincided with the Miner win streak. Unfortunately, Hamilton can't play extended minutes due to conditioning, but I agree that 10-15 quality minutes can make a huge difference.
Today, he helped on defense. SHSU was killing us with their offensive boards in the 1st half. Just having Hamilton in there disrupted their rebounding significantly in the 2nd half.

The encouraging part about today is that we won despite playing a clean game. Bad from 3pt land, bad from FT line and way too many turnovers. The fact that we still won is very cool, and if we can make some shots and take care of the ball tomorrow we might be dancing!!!

I laughed at this because I imagined Golding saying this to himself in front of the mirror 🤔

Reactions: Lil_Train
When we beat WKU pretty much all of our scoring was from our guards. We put up 93 points and we made only seven threes. Big Ham didn't even play.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT