ADVERTISEMENT

Uteps NIL program

I already have us bottom 3 in conference but in reality any season we don’t finish dead last is a huge achievement.
I think that's a slight exaggeration and assuming it's tongue n cheek. As bad as it is how many times has basketball been last or bottom 3 in 20 years? Football obviously more, but probably only half of the 20 years. Not to mention the conference isn't better now it's getting worse football wise and near the same basketball wise.

I think that's a slight exaggeration and assuming it's tongue n cheek. As bad as it is how many times has basketball been last or bottom 3 in 20 years? Football obviously more, but probably only half of the 20 years. Not to mention the conference isn't better now it's getting worse football wise and near the same basketball wise.
A lot has changed in the last 20 years. Comparing our record back then to now is like apples to oranges.

In the last 6 years we have finished bottom 3, 3 times.

10th out of 14th, once. Just missed bottom 3 there.

9th out of 14th, once. Yay, two teams above bottom 3!!!

One season where we finished in the top 7 out of 14!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really an exaggeration?

A lot has changed in the last 20 years. Comparing our record back then to now is like apples to oranges.

In the last 6 years we have finished bottom 3, 3 times.

10th out of 14th, once. Just missed bottom 3 there.

9th out of 14th, once. Yay, two teams above bottom 3!!!

One season where we finished in the top 7 out of 14!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really an exaggeration?
There’s really no difference between finishing 4th in CUSA and finishing 10th. There’s a few more wins here and there, but unless you make the NIT or win the CBI, your season was unsuccessful and will be forgotten.

It’s not good enough at UTEP. Not based on what the school pays its head coach.

Reactions: JCorona
There’s really no difference between finishing 4th in CUSA and finishing 10th. There’s a few more wins here and there, but unless you make the NIT or win the CBI, your season was unsuccessful and will be forgotten.

The year we finished 10th was when CUSA did the weird scheduling. Played a bunch of really bad teams twice. Hey who needs context? Right?

The year we finished 10th was when CUSA did the weird scheduling. Played a bunch of really bad teams twice. Hey who needs context? Right?
FAU made the final 4 and the rest of future AAC had an amazing post season run! We can’t compete with that! Finishing 10th was very respectable in coach’s 2nd year!!!!

Never mind coach makes more than all of those other coaches and UTEP had more fans at their games than those teams!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona

I agree with that, just didn't realize it was that bad 😞. Trust me I'm not saying it's great or getting better by any means. Just didn't seem like we've sucked that bad.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Steve is saying all the right things. They know what we have to do in this new game. It’s gonna be tough. El Paso has gave a lot and seen little in return. Hopefully he gets the money rolling in.

I am expecting, hoping as much as expecting, the Miners to be north of 20 wins this season. That's north of 20 in the regular season, before the conference tournament and post season. This is gonna be Golding's best shot at it.
Supposedly, this is the deepest team he's had here. With Zid Powell as the shooter he didn't have last season, Golding had better coach these guys up to being in the top three in the conference. UTEP needs to step up in basketball. CUSA was supposedly slightly better in basketball in this latest configuration. Of course, that was before the Aggies imploded. We'll see. If the conference can improve any over the last few years, FAU's run being the exception to the usual, we might be all right. We'll see. Go Miners.

I don't want to see any of the Prices coaching again, their time has come and gone. But I understand that the family is very popular with the well heeled Alumni, so this might actually be a good move.
Exactly. He’s not coaching but dealing with the NIL intricacies and gland handling doing public and behind the scenes stuff. Perfect fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT