ADVERTISEMENT

Very interesting article.

Nope, no progress here. I wonder if RT has viable coaching skills. He doesn't seem to see what so many on this board seem to see.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Where was the progress? What aspect of their game improved? I can’t identify one and I’ve seen every game except one.
He can recruit, it's his offense that is lacking octane.

He did beat NMSU D
and yes they were lacking a couple good players.

We didn't embarrass ourselves in the SB tournament.

Won a few more games. Ugh!

That's all I got. Just trying to stay positive for next year. [Fingers crossed]

He did beat NMSU D

Being left out of the CUSA tournament again will not be improvement.

You say he can recruit, bu his offense is lacking octane. So which is it? Is he a terrible coach or recruiter?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Where was the progress? What aspect of their game improved? I can’t identify one and I’ve seen every game except one.
Things this team did that last season's team didn't:
  1. Beat NMSU
  2. Win the Sun Bowl Tournament
  3. Win a road game
With those three achievements, I thought making the CUSA tournament was a done deal. The fact that the Miners started so strong, but now find themselves in the same position as last season, means that they have played worse down the stretch than last season. I'm just amazed that we find ourselves in this position right now. There's no explanation.

He did beat NMSU D

That’s like getting a 10 cent a hour raise. Yep your making more money, but can’t buy a thing with it.

He did beat NMSU D

I would be okay with that if this team was loaded with freshman instead of D1 transfers, but that’s not the case.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Things this team did that last season's team didn't:
  1. Beat NMSU
  2. Win the Sun Bowl Tournament
  3. Win a road game
With those three achievements, I thought making the CUSA tournament was a done deal. The fact that the Miners started so strong, but now find themselves in the same position as last season, means that they have played worse down the stretch than last season. I'm just amazed that we find ourselves in this position right now. There's no explanation.

It’s called regression. The opposite of progression. No ifs, ands, or buts. I can appreciate trying to remain positive but not at the expense of “reality”.

I hardly care to post anymore because reality is that we suck. I’m tired of saying so. Yet people keep making excuses for the suckitude. There are no excuses at this point. We ****ing suck. That is all.

He can recruit, it's his offense that is lacking octane. Really? Who the heck did he recruit that is worth a damn aside from Williams? And if he recruited well, shouldn’t he recruit some “octane”?

He did beat NMSU D
and yes they were lacking a couple good players. That is key. Lacking two starters, one being the QB, so to speak.

We didn't embarrass ourselves in the SB tournament. That was early in the season. Still didn’t make us world beaters but we got worse from that point on. Regression.

Won a few more games. Ugh! You are reaching and you know it. Your “ugh” says it all. It’s ok to be real rather than”positive”.

That's all I got. Just trying to stay positive for next year. Let’s not confuse our hope for next year with the disappointment of this year. Two entirely different things.[Fingers crossed]

Last edited:
Hate to throw more salt on the wound, but Tristen Newton is playing really well for ECU, at a big position of need for UTEP. Wish Terry would have offered this kid.
Averaged 11 points, nearly 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 80% freethrows and 32% from 3
Hate to throw more salt on the wound, but Tristen Newton is playing really well for ECU, at a big position of need for UTEP. Wish Terry would have offered this kid.
Man you were right. He had a really decent freshman season in the AAC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT