ADVERTISEMENT

We Are Miners

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I like the initiative to add new menu items but don't like the slogan. It seems like a straight rip off from we are Marshall.

Reactions: axingfools1
What in the name of Tony Tolbert is this shiz? My god, Tio Rob is a special kind of delusional. Just cause we don't hit the gym 3 times a day like he does, he doesn't need to play on EPs obesity issue with 'better' food.

The best part of the press release is the kids getting to go on the field.

Don't get me started on the logo of the slogan. The S doesn't look like a damn S!

Lastly, if we're to use this on social media platforms like the press release said. You can start off on with the UTEP Instagram who posted days ago that the press conference was on the 12th with f'n Adidas stripes. So much for wishing for better uniforms.

I like the initiative to add new menu items but don't like the slogan. It seems like a straight rip off from we are Marshall.

I took a short tour thru google and while "we are Marshall" is the best known use of this chant because of the movie about their early 70's plane crash, it appears that Penn St used "we are Penn St" in the late 40's to protest segregation when playing a southern team in a bowl game. USC also claims that they used it way back when their football program started. Also, NMSU Aggie fans are claiming that UTEP is stealing their recent campaign. So I say use it and hope it helps.

I took a short tour thru google and while "we are Marshall" is the best known use of this chant because of the movie about their early 70's plane crash, it appears that Penn St used "we are Penn St" in the late 40's to protest segregation when playing a southern team in a bowl game. USC also claims that they used it way back when their football program started. Also, NMSU Aggie fans are claiming that UTEP is stealing their recent campaign. So I say use it and hope it helps.

NMSU needs to worry more about their enrollment and lame football program. Anyone remember when some genius over there came up with the slogan "Are You In?"..... HA!

NMSU needs to worry more about their enrollment and lame football program. Anyone remember when some genius over there came up with the slogan "Are You In?"..... HA!

"Are you in?" was proposed by the State Duma of Russia (the lower house) for the American electoral 2016 campaign and approved by Putin in November because he liked it so much and bypassed formal channels. The Chancellor of NMSU got a letter of thanks from Vlad and put it on Instagram.

Great Premium Food Items! Now if we can get some Premium Sports on the field and on the court, we'll be all set!

After decades of enduring UTEP football, I am now at peace that UTEP will just not win any division or conference title for a long time. There is no dedication to the program to make it a somewhat consistent competitive endeavor. The citizenry is fed up except for the die hard 12 to 15 thousand. The business community doesn't seem interested except for the few that throw keggers and all you can drink beer (invitation only) at the north end parking lot and a couple local banks. A bowl game will come here or there every seven to ten years but it will be lower tier stuff. Kugler will be gone in two years and we may get a coach who tickles the rear of the fans but will flop after two years or move on. So add the fancy corporate seating, the fancy cuisine, the fireworks, the bigger high def super megatron video boards UTEP football will be what it is.

Congratulations to @UTEPAthletics for taking a step in the right direction. But in the end, if the facilities do not get upgraded anytime soon (Kidd Field, Memorial Gym, Sun Bowl, Haskins Center) does no good.

I'll be negative Nancy. While the food looks nice, how the hell are they going to serve it looking good, tasting good, and quickly made when these people can't even keep a premade hot dog warm? Or sell us stale popcorn?
Ok cool, they are changing some food, but at what cost? I know Kappy mentioned in a tweet they were "trying" to keep $10 as the price point. So basically, their lowest priced item will be $10 and I will bet everyone complains. At the Chihuahuas, the atmosphere is more laid back. People don't really care if they win. It's more of a night out at the park. You have more time to relax, and in some cases, the food is brought to you. At UTEP events, you want to grab your food and sit down and watch a game the results actually matter to you.
Look, upgrading the food is awesome, be c'mon. This will NOT help attendance at all. The new slogan for the year is kind of cool to me, but unless you flood the market with radio, tv, billboard, community visits, social media, and fan friendly events, this is the same crap as before. It's not marketing unless you market.

I plan to go buy some shirts today. I do like them. They need to be sold at every damn store within 300 miles.

I do agree that I am very curios to see how they serve this food. My guess would be that they still keep the regular concessions. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't teams work the concession stands as a fund raiser? No way they're entrusting them to make this food, and that would also entail remodeling the concession stands in the Sun Bowl to handle cooking this food. So it has to be one of those stands in the end zone. But that's just my guess, I know nothing.

Eh. The T-shirts look like the ones I could get at Walgreen's for $7.99

Funny you mention that. A buddy of mine who managed a Walgreen's store in El Paso told me two nights ago about how he come up with his own UTEP t-shirt and design a few years ago and he told me they sold well and his store made a nice little profit. I asked him if he got a "cease & desist" letter from El Chuco Bob and my friend said "nope".

I'll be negative Nancy. While the food looks nice, how the hell are they going to serve it looking good, tasting good, and quickly made when these people can't even keep a premade hot dog warm? Or sell us stale popcorn?
Ok cool, they are changing some food, but at what cost? I know Kappy mentioned in a tweet they were "trying" to keep $10 as the price point. So basically, their lowest priced item will be $10 and I will bet everyone complains. At the Chihuahuas, the atmosphere is more laid back. People don't really care if they win. It's more of a night out at the park. You have more time to relax, and in some cases, the food is brought to you. At UTEP events, you want to grab your food and sit down and watch a game the results actually matter to you.
Look, upgrading the food is awesome, be c'mon. This will NOT help attendance at all. The new slogan for the year is kind of cool to me, but unless you flood the market with radio, tv, billboard, community visits, social media, and fan friendly events, this is the same crap as before. It's not marketing unless you market.

I plan to go buy some shirts today. I do like them. They need to be sold at every damn store within 300 miles.

This is from the EP Times article:

'We Are Miners.'"

To spread the word, UTEP is hitting all corners of El Paso to distribute posters, T-shirts, other gear with the slogan on it and with digital billboards.

"This is not just about the West Side, Central El Paso, downtown," Park said. "You're going to see us all over town."

This is from the EP Times article:

'We Are Miners.'"

To spread the word, UTEP is hitting all corners of El Paso to distribute posters, T-shirts, other gear with the slogan on it and with digital billboards.

"This is not just about the West Side, Central El Paso, downtown," Park said. "You're going to see us all over town."

Compete for the western division. It will do wonders for ticket sales.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT