ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to this site's new era.

Welcome Parker! I appreciate that you are taking over and already see the amount you of work you put in. However, I do have one question: you mentioned that you're well connected with Coach Walden. Will you only be running this website while he is coaching here or will this be a long-term thing?

Welcome Parker! I appreciate that you are taking over and already see the amount you of work you put in. However, I do have one question: you mentioned that you're well connected with Coach Walden. Will you only be running this website while he is coaching here or will this be a long-term thing?
I plan to make this a long-term thing, and will work to build sourcing on the basketball side as well.

I promise you’ll get a lot more than puff pieces. I wouldn’t bother to cover recruiting if puff pieces were my forte.

How can you be faster than X/Twitter?? There is a kid insider Jay barely in high school. Can you beat him with insider information??

It’s very active in terms of board activity and I love that. But there is no one providing actual coverage. That’s what I am here to do.
Gotcha. Good luck with the likes and subscribers. One thing I know about UTEP is we like free stuff. Even $5 is too much….

Reactions: FiliUTEP
You might want to consider giving freebies of your "in-depth insider info" articles for a day or two so we can get a taste of what a subscription would give us. Because the free puff piece you posted doesn't move the needle for me.

Now I'd pay to read the ensuing discussion as people try to explain to Fili the difference between "anime" and "animated"...

You might want to consider giving freebies of your "in-depth insider info" articles for a day or two so we can get a taste of what a subscription would give us. Because the free puff piece you posted doesn't move the needle for me.

Now I'd pay to read the ensuing discussion as people try to explain to Fili the difference between "anime" and "animated"...

How much would you pay? 😂

This is actually an easy one to solve. Find some influencer with a boat load of followers to explain it to Fili and he'll believe them, whether he understands it or not.

Because the free puff piece you posted doesn't move the needle for me.

I have to agree. I'm not somebody who complains about prices, but you have to show me something before I pay $99.95 a year. If I'm reading the same stuff posted elsewhere, then what's the point?

This is actually an easy one to solve. Find some influencer with a boat load of followers to explain it to Fili and he'll believe them, whether he understands it or not.

Someone on the video said the Simpsons, so I'm allowed to say King of the Hill.

Parker

I live in Del City myself and have been in OK for over 30 yrs. OKARNG Retired, TAFB with 3 more yrs to go. I grew up 8 miles from Rosas Cantina. After I moved here from El Paso I received a College FB Education, the foremost is what it takes to have a Championship level team. Please forgive some of the posters, we all have been in CFB Purgatory for years. I will give this new forum a shot and register for a year.

One thing. UTEPs main color is Orange as is OSUs and we take pride in it...so, maybe a bit more Orange and a little less Navy Blue add a smidgen of Silver.

Welcome to MINER NATION
Picks Up!!

So, Mr. Thune, while I know that the name of the site is not going to be changed from what you've now named it I have to ask, were you unable to go back to "Miner Digs"? Does Darren own a copyright on that name? Just curious as to why the 'digs name would not be brought back. Many of us have been here since the beginning or darned near close to it so 25-30 years even if under a different handle.

I appreciate your effort and enthusiasm and hope that you can make 'digs even better than it already is.

So, Mr. Thune, while I know that the name of the site is not going to be changed from what you've now named it I have to ask, were you unable to go back to "Miner Digs"? Does Darren own a copyright on that name? Just curious as to why the 'digs name would not be brought back. Many of us have been here since the beginning or darned near close to it so 25-30 years even if under a different handle.

I appreciate your effort and enthusiasm and hope that you can make 'digs even better than it already is.

I've been here since late 90s. I remember when people here were talking about Don Haskins replacement. One of the most popular topics was Gary Nords 5 year plan.

MinerDigs will remain the name of this specific message board and forum.

I've been here since late 90s. I remember when people here were talking about Don Haskins replacement. One of the most popular topics was Gary Nords 5 year plan.

Fili played basketball at UTEP, so he is our original insider.

And by ‘played basketball at UTEP’ I mean he broke into the practice facility, stole a ball, and played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT