ADVERTISEMENT

WestStar Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational

The team has had bad luck this year with Covid, concussions, food poisoning, etc. At one point, we had five players on the court who never (or rarely) start. Hollins has not played all game. Kennedy carrying the team with his energy.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
The team has had bad luck this year with Covid, concussions, food poisoning, etc. At one point, we had five players on the court who never (or rarely) start. Hollins has not played all game. Kennedy carrying the team with his energy.
Imagine if this bad luck had happened with Terry. He would’ve been forced to play more than 7 guys. Lol

I like this game because NCCU is coming so aggressive it exposed weaknesses in Golding halfcourt D. NCCU has some players who can stoke the 3 and we all know how CUSA teams live off the 3 ball.

Kennedy won the game for UTEP. Career game. NCCU had no answer for Kennedy, probably expected a Boum led game.

Golding: “Senter is going to be mad at me….I gave up whiskey this year”
(Referring to all need to sacrifice)

LOL!!!

• Haha
I also noticed that Z wasn’t on the bench. I’m glad he told us that Z had earned minutes this game but was in bad shape with food poisoning. Also, I didn’t see Kennedy leave the court to vomit. That is crazy! Hopefully they can feel better tomorrow but it seems that it hit the whole team, some more than others.

So my question is who catered the sun carnival this year? So many players with food poisoning plus a GA.
Sabotage lol? I hope the players can be healthier tomorrow. The food poisoning is pretty much team wide. It's that damned potato salad or deviled eggs, most likely. They'll need a lot of rehydration. Bradley could be a tough game because of it.

Observations:
We have absolutely zero from our bigs.
Golding's banner was defense. Allowing 50% from the field is not gonna get it.
Once again, Kennedy was the man. Three games in a row he has been outstanding.
Sibley continues to be a mystery. Nothing at all tonight.
Agnew was a real surprise tonight. Keep it up.
Saterfield needs to work on getting open for shots. Driving to the hoop might help.
Tomorrow against Bradley could be disheartening if we don't bring it 100%. They were impressive tonight and could beat us handily.

Bradley record does not represent how tough the championship game will be even if Boum makes a miracle rebound from food poisoning (that takes 48 to 72 hours to get of your system just due to dehydration alone and Golding stated during post game he was puking his guts before game time).

Sabotage lol? I hope the players can be healthier tomorrow. The food poisoning is pretty much team wide. It's that damned potato salad or deviled eggs, most likely. They'll need a lot of rehydration. Bradley could be a tough game because of it.

the food did look nasty from the pictures.

Bradley record does not represent how tough the championship game will be even if Boum makes a miracle rebound from food poisoning (that takes 48 to 72 hours to get of your system just due to dehydration alone and Golding stated during post game he was puking his guts before game time).

Seriously, I had food poisoning once. About 12 years ago. Yes, it was that bad; that's why I remember. It was either the Chinese food or the 12-pack of Bud I had that night. I blame the Bud.

Either way, I was out for 3 days. Had the Chinese food/Bud combo on a Friday night and didn't make it back to the office until like Wednesday. It is an awful experience.

Hope our guys get better quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: topminer
Seriously, I had food poisoning once. About 12 years ago. Yes, it was that bad; that's why I remember. It was either the Chinese food or the 12-pack of Bud I had that night. I blame the Bud.

Either way, I was out for 3 days. Had the Chinese food/Bud combo on a Friday night and didn't make it back to the office until like Wednesday. It is an awful experience.

Hope our guys get better quickly.
Chinese food and Bud? Kiss your spouse and thank her for taking care of you. 😅

Does food poisoning give you the shits or just vomit? Kennedy is gaining more confidence and his leadership is showing. Tough win, given the circumstances.
Stomach cramps and vomiting for me. Had to fly to Dallas for a new job on the third day. Miserable flight.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Bad game for Maring. Missed one under the hoop then later bricked two free throws and never returned to the game.
He and Kalu didn’t have a good game but Kalu’s big upper body strength helps him out and IMO he relies on that which gets him in trouble because you rely on your literal physical strength and you get out of position. It’s like a linebacker or D lineman who relies on bull rushing stopping instead of covering your gaps. His 15 foot game sucks.

However, he is just a true freshman. Baring is a work in progress and was brought in to provide a breather for TV but circumstances determined otherwise.

Tio Bernie at it again! Hoping Miami makes it out for Tony! Especially with the Kellogg’s strike ending too!

Stomach cramps and vomiting for me. Had to fly to Dallas for a new job on the third day. Miserable flight.

Same here with the cramps and puking. The body works incredibly hard to expel whatever got in that doesn't belong.

With Kennedy improvement…. I think you really have to give credit to the coaching staff because I think they finally put him in position to take advantage of what he does best….. he has looked like a completely different player ..
I agree, but let’s be honest, this is Boum’s team.

This was a scrappy, aggressive NCCU team last night who were two to three 3 pointers away from possibly pulling the mild upset. These lousy ass ref’s were calling sneezes in the paint and it benefited the Miners. If I was the UAB Coach I’d be dissecting the video because they showed that Golding’s D can be attacked.

Similar food poisoning issue laying on the bathroom floor in a hotel room 1500 miles from home in Pittsburgh. Coming out every imaginable orifice. Eventually got dehydrated so bad I had to go to a hospital and they put three bags of fluid in me through IV. Worst sick experience ever.

Really depends on how bad the food poisoning it is. I've had it so bad I thought I was gonna die and took really 3 to 4 days to recover fully. Other times I liked it out overnight and was good by morning after hydrating.

Homer pick:
Miners 59
Bradley 58
No telling how this one is going to go. It'd be a tough game even if we were 100%.
Yeah Bradly looks to be better than they were in the beginning of the season. Will be a tough game without Boum and with hime we may just squeeze by.

He and Kalu didn’t have a good game but Kalu’s big upper body strength helps him out and IMO he relies on that which gets him in trouble because you rely on your literal physical strength and you get out of position. It’s like a linebacker or D lineman who relies on bull rushing stopping instead of covering your gaps. His 15 foot game sucks.

However, he is just a true freshman. Baring is a work in progress and was brought in to provide a breather for TV but circumstances determined otherwise.
A work in progress, but with the right tools and coaching. He could be a solid player. I like his engagement on defense, hope he continues to develop.

Yeah Bradly looks to be better than they were in the beginning of the season. Will be a tough game without Boum and with hime we may just squeeze by.
Oddsmakers have it “Even”. Kalu and Bonke must contribute way more tonight with Tydus still out.

Just looked in on the SHSU - NC Central game and SHSU is dominating them. We sure didn't

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT