ADVERTISEMENT

WestStar Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational

shouldve just invited Liberty and Jacksonville St
UTEP has been vocal and public about this very topic for some years now. They scour the D1 schools looking for participants for the tourney and it’s not easy. To make it harder Covid makes it a “Hold my beer” moment for SB Invitational committee.

Reactions: kickballpro
I'm not saying or even suggesting that situations like these seem to be "hush-hush", but I wonder why for the sake of fan interest we aren't made aware of player's health status. The name of the game is selling tickets and I think keeping the public informed should be paramount.
I guess times have changed. In the good old days if key players had injuries, there were constant updates issued to the public. Maybe the media is partially to blame for not being on top of this.
I also find it curious that the website says that Jon Dos Anjos has announced he is coming next season, but nothing is mentioned about Che Evans transferring from San Diego State and will be eligible at semester break.

Last edited:
EPTIMES.COM

"UTEP point guard Jamal Bieniemy will be a game time decision on Tuesday night when the Miners take on NC Central in the opening round of the WestStar Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational.

Bieniemy suffered a concussion against Kansas earlier this month after playing 11 minutes in that game. He has missed a road game at New Mexico and a home game against McNeese State since then for the 6-4 Miners.

Bieniemy is averaging 14.5 points a game in eight starts this season.

UTEP coach Joe Golding said Bieniemy is making progress and is close to returning to game action.

Meanwhile, center Tydus Verhoeven is out and in concussion protocol after suffering a concussion against New Mexico. He missed the home game against McNeese State last week. He's averaging 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds in nine games."

Well...that's something. Not nothing. Still curious about Sibley though. After some nice recent development he suddenly played only 5 minutes against Mc Neese. What's that all about?

Well...that's something. Not nothing. Still curious about Sibley though. After some nice recent development he suddenly played only 5 minutes against Mc Neese. What's that all about?
Golding said after the McNeese game that Sibley had the flu at UNM and was still recovering. He also spoke about Bienemey and Verhoeven. I find that Golding is very transparent in every interview and doesn’t hide anything. If you haven’t heard anything it’s because the media hasn’t reported it, not because Golding isn’t talking about it.

If anyone is at the game, please walk up to Teicher and tell him and there is an AWFUL intererence in the audio feed. Just AWFUL. Will need to watch on mute and check periodically to see if they've fixed the audio issue.

Game is on YouTube by the way. Search for "WestStar Don Haskins" and you'll find the feed.

Oh, they just cleared the interference, thankfully.

If anyone is at the game, please walk up to Teicher and tell him and there is an AWFUL intererence in the audio feed. Just AWFUL. Will need to watch on mute and check periodically to see if they've fixed the audio issue.

Game is on YouTube by the way. Search for "WestStar Don Haskins" and you'll find the feed.

Oh, they just cleared the interference, thankfully.
Link on UTEP app too

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Poor start by our guys. I know, Golding is starting guys who won't normally start. Still, poor start.

Get it together, Miners.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I am impressed with NCCU approach in attacking the heart of UTEP’s D. UTEP lucky to be up because of NCCU’s early fouling to send UTEP to the line.

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT