ADVERTISEMENT

What a wasted season.

My optimism rested squarely with the defense. There are some legit playmakers on that side of the line. Offense, well, that was always the question mark coming into the season. Not only in the OL, QB and WR positions, but in our philosophy that Dimel has stubbornly stuck with year-end and year-out. Clearly, the team hasn't bought into whatever the coaching staff is trying to do to turn the tide of this awful season. What a loss!

My optimism rested squarely with the defense. There are some legit playmakers on that side of the line. Offense, well, that was always the question mark coming into the season. Not only in the OL, QB and WR positions, but in our philosophy that Dimel has stubbornly stuck with year-end and year-out. Clearly, the team hasn't bought into whatever the coaching staff is trying to do to turn the tide of this awful season. What a loss!
For a utep defense they are pretty good. But it's not really that good in comparison to current and past conference mates and especially other conferences.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Why was there optimism about this team?
I have no idea. They fooled me last season. Wasn't falling for the hype again. Utep never does well with expectations. We went 5-7 last season and lost a few good seniors and wasn't too impressed with what was coming back. Plus dimel and Hardison.

For a utep defense they are pretty good. But it's not really that good in comparison to current and past conference mates and especially other conferences.
But you pair this defense with a historically awful offense and it’s a recipe for disaster. Unless you’ve got that early 2000s Miami defense you’re not winning too many games getting 10 points at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT