ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think about this tweet?

El Paso 777

MI Regular
Oct 15, 2017
Ryan Knippel‏@rknippel18
Alright @UTEPFB fans, 9-1-18 is the home opener against Northern AZ. My man @JustBlessed81 believes 40k can show up. I’m calling it a sell out. Mark your calendars & get your tickets. Let’s start @CoachDimelUTEP ,staff & players off on the right foot in the Sun Bowl #PickAxePack

7:56 PM - 16 Jan 2018

I think it's crazy to think that 40k can show up and this guy is calling it a sellout.

It's Labor Day weekend and people are out of town and there is a Chihuahuas game the same day.

Even if tickets were $5 I don't think they could get 40k.

Sure, I'm excited about UTEP football, but some people are just silly.

Ivan Pierre Aguirre‏@i_p_a_1
Minimum of 40,000 will be in attendance for the first @UTEPFB game next season! You heard it here first. @600espnelpaso @CoachDimelUTEP @JimSenter2 #PicksUp #UTEPFootball the hype is real.

Ryan Knippel‏@rknippel18 5h5 hours ago
Should be a sell out!!!! Spring game will bring 20k plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: desantos
About 30,000 for the first game
5000 for spring unless Utep gets smart and throws in a concert or carnival. Anything to add the non fanatics to come out.

Reactions: El Paso 777
C'mon man THINK BIG ...

I’m honestly not trying to be pessimistic. I am ready to go for football, and I am sure all the die hards are ready to go, but to call a sell out coming off of an 0-12 season would be a miracle.
There’s is a lot to consider, if they go to Tennessee and lose bad that will not help. I think a season opener at home vs NMSU would have a lot of hype and possibly a big crowd.

Reactions: El Paso 777
I think 40,000 is possible. Price's first game was I think 33,000 for Weber State, Kugler's was I think 36,000 for UNM. Both of those games followed miserable season. Senter is definatley going go market the opener harder than Stull ever did. A holiday weekend A lot of alumns and fans come in from out of town. I definatley think 40 k.

I think 40,000 is possible. Price's first game was I think 33,000 for Weber State, Kugler's was I think 36,000 for UNM. Both of those games followed miserable season. Senter is definatley going go market the opener harder than Stull ever did. A holiday weekend A lot of alumns and fans come in from out of town. I definatley think 40 k.

Price was a home run hire and got everybody excited. You really think 7,000 more fans will show up?

Many UTEP fans are going to be out of town. I don't think many alums and fans are going to travel on their holiday weekend to see Northern Arizona.

Stull's marketing campaigns involved buying small billboards on Railroad Dr and Alameda and getting KBNA to sponsor the game and give them a signed football at halftime. Maybe, maybe bring out the volleyball team and introduce them as well. With a slightly incremental effort, 40k should be easy.

I think 40K is very likely. A lot of us are getting excited. The biggest thing is that we got the
QB we needed. I also think that we will get a couple of 3 star recruits that will start from
the get go.
You also have to add the great job this coaches are approaching us. They are keeping us
informed, that is big.

GO Miners...

I think 40K is very likely. A lot of us are getting excited. The biggest thing is that we got the
QB we needed. I also think that we will get a couple of 3 star recruits that will start from
the get go.
You also have to add the great job this coaches are approaching us. They are keeping us
informed, that is big.

GO Miners...

The attendance was 16,597 at the last football game. Do you think about 25k more fans are going to show up on Labor Day weekend to see Northern Arizona? I just don't see it happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT