ADVERTISEMENT

What if Floyd is our next Haskins

Like I said got be a fan of Duke. They never lose. They go to the tourney every year. Here at Utep we have to go through some losing seasons.

You thinking WAC is better than C- USA. Show how much you know.

There you go. Both leagues suck. CUSA is barely better than the WAC.

http://realtimerpi.com/ncaab/college_Men_basketball_power_rankings_Full.html

Average WAC RPI- 211
Grand Canyon- 81
NMSU- 91
CSU Baskersfield- 144
Seattle- 224
Utah Valley- 226
Missouri Kansas City- 246
UT Rio Grande Valley- 331
Chicago State- 342

Average CUSA RPI- 202
MIddle Tennessee- 52
UAB- 85
Old Dominion- 96
Marshall- 124
Louisiana Tech- 134
Western Kentucky- 183
Charlotte- 196
Rice- 225
UTEP- 232
North Texas- 256
Florida International- 275
Florida Atlantic- 304
Southern Miss- 322
UTSA- 348

Like I said got be a fan of Duke. They never lose. They go to the tourney every year.

What does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

I don't know if you figured it out yet, but nobody is agreeing with you.

In 14 years Haskins only hit 20 wins 4 times but I guess that's ok because it's not Floyd

NCAA Division I basketball teams didn't play 30+ games per regular season 40+ years ago. Apples to Oranges, bro. The 1976-77 Miners played 26 games. Haskins won 17, 18, 19 games many of those years, which is comparable to winning 20-22 now, in a 30-game season. UTEP's 1970's era wasn't a total disaster.

Reactions: UTEP05
Yeah and they get bounced in the first day. When's last time NMSU won a NCAA game? C-USA has upset teams in the tourney the last 2 years.
And your point is? UTEP couldn't win the WAC either.

And CUSA is not much better, if any better, than the WAC.

You are out of your mind!! Cusa all top 5 teams would RULE the wac!! Please stop making it sound like nmsu going to the NCAA tournament is a big accomplishment because it's a very weak league! The bottom teams could fit in the wac but not The top give me a break!

NCAA Division I basketball teams didn't play 30+ games per regular season 40+ years ago. Apples to Oranges, bro. The 1976-77 Miners played 26 games. Haskins won 17, 18, 19 games many of those years, which is comparable to winning 20-22 now, in a 30-game season. UTEP's 1970's era wasn't a total disaster.

I was being sarcastic!

You are out of your mind!! Cusa all top 5 teams would RULE the wac!! Please stop making it sound like nmsu going to the NCAA tournament is a big accomplishment because it's a very weak league! The bottom teams could fit in the wac but not The top give me a break!

Did you look at the list? The top 5 teams are not far apart and the WAC's top team has only been a D1 team for a few years.

Last edited:

Middle Tennessee and UAB would not smoke Grand Canyon and NMSU.

So now going to the Big Dance is not a big accomplishment? NMSU still had to win the Conference Tournament all those years. If UTEP was in the WAC and if they made the Big Dance it wouldn't be a big accomplishment? Doesn't matter because UTEP's record against NMSU has been poor as of late.

I'm sorry but like I said put any top 5 cusa schools and they would win a lot of titles in the wac.... you're delusional if you think otherwise ...

NMSU lost by 50 to Duke.

Edit: Whoops meant to say UNLV coached by former NMSU coach.

Let's just put it this way take the top 2 teams from the past 5 years in the wac and none would win cusa

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT