ADVERTISEMENT

Whens the last time...

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
UTEP had the best OOC win??

Did anyone in CUSA have a better win this season?

The last good OOC win they had was 2006 against SDSU. That win was on the road.
But SDSU was 3-9 that year. Tulsa in 1988 was 4-7. I went all the way back to the early 80s and I can’t find any better non conference wins. I remember UTEP beat Urlacher UNM in the late 90s, that may be one too.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
But SDSU was 3-9 that year. Tulsa in 1988 was 4-7. I went all the way back to the early 80s and I can’t find any better non conference wins. I remember UTEP beat Urlacher UNM in the late 90s, that may be one too.
But i dont think UNM wasnt OOC back then.

Boise is probably the biggest name the Miners have beat since the 60s - OOC.

Over the last 30 years, the majority of UTEPs OOC wins are over NMSU, UNM, and FCS schools.

If someone wants to do the work, I don’t think UTEP has ever beat a good non-conference team, other than Sun Bowls.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Ww

Over the last 30 years, the majority of UTEPs OOC wins are over NMSU, UNM, and FCS schools.

If someone wants to do the work, I don’t think UTEP has ever beat a good non-conference team, other than Sun Bowls.

Looks like my question isn't dumb after all . You receive 2 demerits.

Reactions: MinerMambo

I hope you’re kidding of just forgot that UTEP beat the defending national champions BYU

So is this an indictment about how bad UTEP football is, or a glimmer of hope for this season?
Both. It shows that we can do things competently but it’s also not going to be pretty. Teams that have strong run defenses or quick, high powered offenses will still beat us, but at least we showed some life

Also UTEP has been objectively terrible for most of the 20th century

The thing that I saw vs Boise was a dominant performance by both the offensive and defensive lines. I have not seen that from UTEP in a long time. Hopefully they keep building on this success. After what I witnessed in the UNM game this was quite a turnaround.
Give credit to the coaching for that very turnaround

Reactions: MinersWon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT