ADVERTISEMENT

Why all the anger at Army.

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
I don't blame Army at all. Great crowd it was; great atmosphere. These are good things. (But UTEP was not.)

Reactions: UTEP05
I don't blame Army at all. Great crowd it was; great atmosphere. These are good things. (But UTEP was not.)

Mostly because Army did this to UTEP:

Kugler, his coaching staff and the team failed in epic fashion in protecting their house.

Reactions: UTEP05
I'm not mad at Army at all. What they did to UTEP in 1 Saturday is what I've been waiting for The Miners to do to someone not named NMSU. My problem was the fact that they showed West Point so much respect and love, while simultaneously getting pounded into dust and being humiliated. UTEP even released a small video on their Facebook showing how everyone was having a good time. I can only assume all the smiling faces were recorded before kickoff.

My problem was the fact that they showed West Point so much respect and love, while simultaneously getting pounded into dust and being humiliated.

Shouldn't everybody show the men and women from West Point respect and love?

So you wouldn't have had a problem showing West Point so much respect and love if UTEP won the game?

To a point. I get that they're all going to serve their country, fine and dandy. The whole Army appreciation thing iscool... the big flag, cool. But they were turning it into an West Point love fest all game. From the videos from the mayor and the state Representative. Theres a point where they're another team coming in and we're supposed to want to beat them. Because I know we weren't having the mayor say how honored he was having the Air Force Academy in town when we were in the WAC. I felt like the University was so in awe that West Point came to town.

To a point. I get that they're all going to serve their country, fine and dandy. The whole Army appreciation thing iscool... the big flag, cool. But they were turning it into an West Point love fest all game. From the videos from the mayor and the state Representative. Theres a point where they're another team coming in and we're supposed to want to beat them. Because I know we weren't having the mayor say how honored he was having the Air Force Academy in town when we were in the WAC.

I guess you missed the "One City One Team" slogan.

El Paso has zero affiliation with the Air Force. I never would have imagined that there would be people saying that they had a problem with showing Army too much love and respect.

I'm trying to say there's a distinction between the two:
1: the Army
2: West Point the team we were playing and we were supposed to act like we were supposed to beat.

All the honoring our soldiers was pretty cool. I liked all that. But I feel like we showed West Point, the football team too much respect.

I'm trying to say there's a distinction between the two:
1: the Army
2: West Point the team we were playing and we were supposed to act like we were supposed to beat.

All the honoring our soldiers was pretty cool. I liked all that. But I feel like we showed West Point, the football team too much respect.

Shouldn't UTEP show respect for every team they play? What did you think that UTEP did that showed "too much respect". In the end, does it really matter? Even if UTEP showed West Point "too much respect", it had zero effect on the outcome of the game.

Like I said, would you have been saying the same thing if UTEP won the game? I doubt it.

You can read minds now Amazing Kreskin? Let me ask you this, do you think Army or Air Force, or any big program that comes in to a small school get the red carpet rolled out for them?

You can read minds now Amazing Kreskin? Let me ask you this, do you think Army or Air Force, or any big program that comes in to a small school get the red carpet rolled out for them?

I asked you a question and you never answered it. I just made a guess since you chose not to answer it.

I wouldn't say UTEP is a "small school". Small schools don't have football stadiums that seat over 50,000.

Army got the "red carpet" treatment because of UTEP's proximity to Fort Bliss. I never realized any of this would have to be explained.

And I'm not going to run around in circles. It's easier to block you than keep repeating my point. Now go make another 10 accounts.

And I'm not going to run around in circles. It's easier to block you than keep repeating my point. Now go make another 10 accounts.

And your point is?

You should be ashamed of yourself that you think there was a problem showing respect to West Point.

Does this guy understand how to read and comprehend? He obviously doesn't get what I said. But whatever.

"My problem was the fact that they showed West Point so much respect and love"

My question, which you never answered, was would you have had a problem with showing love and respect if UTEP won?

Why you have a problem showing respect to a team, considering UTEP's proximity to El Paso is beyond me.

Does this guy understand how to read and comprehend? He obviously doesn't get what I said. But whatever.

I certainly understand what you're saying. We shouldn't be expected to show "love" and "respect" for ANY opponent playing us in our house. West Point is a school, not a branch of the military. Those Black Knights players aren't yet soldiers serving our nation...not yet. They're playing football, on an government appointment, for a higher educational university, and they came to the Sun Bowl to kick UTEP's collective asses, and we allowed them to do it. You want to show them love and respect? Do it after you've whooped their asses.

Have you ever been to a comedy club? The comic sometimes has problems getting the crowd on his side and needs an applause break, so he tells the audience, "Let's here it for our men and women in uniform." The crowd goes crazy with applause cause it's the right thing to do. But the comics in the back of the room roll their eyes at the cheap attempt.

I certainly understand what you're saying. We shouldn't be expected to show "love" and "respect" for ANY opponent playing us in our house. West Point is a school, not a branch of the military. Those Black Knights players aren't yet soldiers serving our nation...not yet. They're playing football, on an government appointment, for a higher educational university, and they came to the Sun Bowl to kick UTEP's collective asses, and we allowed them to do it. You want to show them love and respect? Do it after you've whooped their asses.

So the question to you is: Would you have had a problem with all the love and respect if UTEP won?

Thank you. Just like Boxing, those guys will talk crap and then beat the tar out of each other and when the fight is over they hug and they will say how much respect they have for each other. Win, lose or draw.

So the question to you is: Would you have had a problem with all the love and respect if UTEP won?

Yes. It doesn't change the fact you're "kissing the ass" of an opposing football team, whom has come to your stadium looking to beat you in front of your home crowd.

Yes. It doesn't change the fact you're "kissing the ass" of an opposing football team, whom has come to your stadium looking to beat you in front of your home crowd.

Why didn't you complain about this before the game?

This was more than just a game and that's how the game was promoted. Not sure why you don't get that.

Who's "we"? The reason UTEP lost is because of UTEP's poor performance. Nobody "allowed" anybody to win.

Apparently, you didn't watch the game. UTEP allowed Army to do what they wanted, how they wanted, and whenever they wanted. There was little to no resistance.

Apparently, you didn't watch the game. UTEP allowed Army to do what they wanted, how they wanted, and whenever they wanted. There was little to no resistance.

I was at the game. Army dominated the game because they are a much better team. So you're saying UTEP didn't try?

Why didn't you complain about this before the game?

This was more than just a game and that's how the game was promoted. Not sure why you don't get that.

WTF are you referring to here? This statement makes absolute zero sense. And on that note, I'm not getting suckered in to arguing with Chihuhuas troll. You're obviously back, with a new monicker. I'm out.

WTF are you referring to here? This statement makes absolute zero sense. And on that note, I'm not getting suckered in to arguing with Chihuhuas troll. You're obviously back, with a new monicker. I'm out.

You said before the game started you had a problem with all the love and respect towards West Point. Why did you just post about this after the game? Sounds like sour grapes to me. The loss was horrible, but it had nothing to do with showing love and respect for the opposing football team.

If you happened to pay attention to how the game was marketed, it was marketed as more than a football game "One City One Team".

To answer your question, I don't get it either. Some UTEP fans will blame a loss on anything. Sounds like when Price blamed greasy fingers from the turkey legs. lol

Oh oh, heeeee's backkk. It's hilarious this guy thinks he can hide behind another handle when his famous answering a question with a question, "so you think blah blah" gives him away. EP Chih you are such a tool...a tool with no life.

Reactions: allminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT