ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Texas Tech tickets cheaper?

TT receives like $36 million dollars from the Big 12 every year, they receive amounts of money from boosters UTEP can only dream about, so they can afford to keep ticket prices low to atttact more interest in TT basketball. Football is #1 in Lubbock and they have been a nobody in basketball until last season. They are just building their brand in basketball and getting the people of Lubbock hooked on it. If TT keeps up what they did last year in B.B., the season tickets will increase by a big amount in the coming years.

UTEP is paying Terry like $750,000, a huge amount for UTEP standards, and receives chump change from CUSA. The money has to come from somewhere and UTEP can’t be giving away season tickets for free. $160 a year for season tickets is cheap.

Yes, they get those teams but they're Tech. Seriously. They get more behind their football with Coach Bro.

Yes, they get those teams but they're Tech. Seriously. They get more behind their football with Coach Bro.

I'm not one who has anything nice to say about Tech. However, Tech fans are very loyal and support Tech. They average more fans they we do, and they have a much better homecourt advantage than we do. We have to work on us before we criticize others. Most of our hoops season ticket base is over 70. We haven't had anything resembling a student section in over 15 years. The thing I can say I respect about Tech fans is they are very loyal. You never see their fans wear gear from other schools. That's a huge problem at UTEP.

Last edited:
I'm not one who has anything nice to say about Tech. However, Tech fans are very loyal and support Tech. They average more fans they we do, and they have a much better homecourt advantage than we do. We have to work on us before we criticize others. Most of our hoops season ticket base is over 70. We haven't had anything resembling a student section in over 15 years. The thing I can say I respect about Tech fans is they are very loyal. You never fan wear gear from other schools. That's a huge problem at UTEP.
Life, in all fairness you support every Texas Big XII school, except Texas, which you totally dislike.....and that's ok. All of them like to flash there money around, slap each on the back and say they had lunch "and a few words with the Governor" while sipping on their scotch whiskey in corporate seating.

All I am saying is by "they're Tech" is they pretty much sell out their football games or close to sell out. Basketball is another story and yes they average more fans and I really, really do believe that will change in two years. Morale is low for UTEP fans. Kug and Floyd took UTEP to new lows not seen since since the David Lee days. One thing I will give Tech credit for is scheduling UTEP during bad and good years. Baylor will not. TAMU did once under Barbee but show no interest. Texas will not. SMU....forget it! They never will because even if they were in the top 20, half the gym would be UTEP fans. Houston, that rivalry is dead, done, gone. But Tech will and that's good for both schools. So I'll give them kudos for that. But CRT has made it clear to Texas..."Weeee'rrree Baaaaaack!".

Life, in all fairness you support every Texas Big XII school, except Texas, which you totally dislike.....and that's ok. All of them like to flash there money around, slap each on the back and say they had lunch "and a few words with the Governor" while sipping on their scotch whiskey in corporate seating.

All I am saying is by "they're Tech" is they pretty much sell out their football games or close to sell out. Basketball is another story and yes they average more fans and I really, really do believe that will change in two years. Morale is low for UTEP fans. Kug and Floyd took UTEP to new lows not seen since since the David Lee days. One thing I will give Tech credit for is scheduling UTEP during bad and good years. Baylor will not. TAMU did once under Barbee but show no interest. Texas will not. SMU....forget it! They never will because even if they were in the top 20, half the gym would be UTEP fans. Houston, that rivalry is dead, done, gone. But Tech will and that's good for both schools. So I'll give them kudos for that. But CRT has made it clear to Texas..."Weeee'rrree Baaaaaack!".

I dont support any big 12 school. I dislike them all. The only colors you'll ever see me is Orange and Blue. My money goes to support UTEP no one else.

Reactions: jdubb66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT