ADVERTISEMENT

Will UTEP Even Be the Next FAU?

EPUTEP

MI Regular
Feb 22, 2023
This tournament has been fun because of all the upsets and all the No. 1 seeds getting beat. I remember when UTEP beat FAU on a regular basis and now UTEP has fallen so far behind and FAU is going to the Final Four.

I don't know if it will ever be done, but I feel UTEP has to put all their resources into basketball because it's easier to succeed in basketball vs. football. I feel that UTEP can go back to going to the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis, but there has to be the right culture and the right coach to get it done.

LED lightning will suddenly make UTEP a Final Four contender? 🤔🤡
you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Welcome Joe! This is Citer House Rules! That was probably his only 5th non-tweet related post, and we love them for it! Their commission checks from the light sale would be enough NIL money for three athletes!

Senter and Biden better not tread on our incandescent bulbs!

Reactions: FeralFelidae
This tournament has been fun because of all the upsets and all the No. 1 seeds getting beat. I remember when UTEP beat FAU on a regular basis and now UTEP has fallen so far behind and FAU is going to the Final Four.

I don't know if it will ever be done, but I feel UTEP has to put all their resources into basketball because it's easier to succeed in basketball vs. football. I feel that UTEP can go back to going to the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis, but there has to be the right culture and the right coach to get it done.
They’re “resources”…… might you be a little more specific and direct? Also, FAU just hired Tom Herman as their football coach. Their athletics are soaring

You clearly don’t have any clue what you’re talking about. This seems to be a theme with you on all of these boards

Then enlighten me then. Name all the CUSA schools that pay their coaches more than UTEP.

What else have I been wrong about? I do remember a thread where everybody was agreeing with me that the WAC was a tough league with teams in the 90's. You, however, disagreed.

Does anyone remember Utah's last year in the WAC and they made their magical run led by their guard Andre Miller in 98?
Those Utah teams were stellar with Miller and Van Horn. Growing up I thought Majerus was Bobby Knight and Haskins morphed together to fit in a tight sweater!

From what I remember Miller had an unorthodox shooting style but he made it work in the NBA. G League coach last I remember.

Those Utah teams were stellar with Miller and Van Horn. Growing up I thought Majerus was Bobby Knight and Haskins morphed together to fit in a tight sweater!

From what I remember Miller had an unorthodox shooting style but he made it work in the NBA. G League coach last I remember.
Considering Van Horn is so close to El Paso, it is undisputable part of Far West Texas. Still UTEP can't get its act together.

Last edited:
Shouldn't UCF and South Florida be worring about FAU?? UTEP has it's own problems with UTSA and North Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT