ADVERTISEMENT

Will You Look At That!

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
So coach this team obviously has weapons with a QB who can throw it down field and receivers who can catch it and make plays. Our all everything RB is out for the season , use the weapons we have and stop waiting til the 4th quarter and being hard headed by forcing the run. Loosen up the defense by showing the passing game early! Geez I don't get how hard that is to figure out!

Kuglers style works just fine the way he runs it. He just needs to keep the game close and find a way to win in the end. It doesn't look pretty at times but it is effective.

GO MINERS!

Kuglers style works just fine the way he runs it. He just needs to keep the game close and find a way to win in the end. It doesn't look pretty at times but it is effective.
Well, maybe the Miners would jump out to a lead for a change if they tried passing early?

Passes will open up the running game. The Miners don't have the personnel right now to impose their will on a stacked box, so try throwing it some.

Reactions: TortugaEP
The thing that worries me is the defense. We gave up over 400 yards to a team just transistioning to fcs. They were undermanned out there and for most of the night pushed us around. They got more yards against us than they got against d2 texas a&m kingsville in a narrow two point win.

Reactions: develman
Given our substitution issues, I have to ask: are we always playing with 11 men on defense? I've watched a lot of football. I've seen many bad Miner defenses over the years. I don't think I've ever seen someone catch a 7 yard pass and turn it into a 90 yard TD without a defender ever coming within 10 yards of him.

I guess, to their credit, they played better after that play. IW also left a bunch of points on the field either on deep passes or screen passes that were just missed that most FBS teams aren't going to mess up.

IW played the run to their credit and rightfully so. UTEP has no,zero, secondry. They all got injured at camp. That's no Kuglers fault. But the horrid substitution problem is not good and O Line only showed up for two and 1/2 quarters. They were supposed to be UTEP's strength!

I know, you know, everybody knows...the other team knows, even my wife knows; WE WILL RUN THE BALL on 1st and 2nd down and maybe even 3rd down until we get behind. With Metz proving that he is a ligit QB threat and everybody knows that, the BIG QUESTION is what is Kugler's ulterior motive for sticking to this frustrating plan. He must have his reasons????
Since Metz has success playing from behind, how good would he be if he was able to start the game mixing up the pass-rush ?

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Looks like the fans will get their wish more passes. The Miners lost their FB last night, running thin at RB position. Just don't like the fact that more will asked of a true freshmen QB. In his post game comments he said he felt nervous and had 2 throws that should have been intercepted which would have changed complexion of the game. Kugler is concerned about all the injuies that are piling up too.

Artist, in most interviews I've seen with Metz, he has stated that he ALWAYS gets nervous before games. He said he has since he started played many years ago.

Maybe Kugler is nervous, but dang it, he needs to let loose now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT