ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Dimel

Prospero915

Rookie
Nov 16, 2014
It looks like the coaches son is here this weekend on his official visit.

He tweeted yesterday “What up El Paso!”

Does anyone else have a gut feeling we are going to nab this recruit?? He’s also being recruited by Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Missouri

Does anyone else have a gut feeling we are going to nab this recruit?? He’s also being recruited by Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Missouri

No. No chance going up against those teams and coming off a 0-12 season. If only we had a personal connection or something.

Winston - welcome to EP we are not A&M but then again they're not us. If your looking for a home with a purpose we are your town. By coming here you won't be here to just put on the pads and play you'll be here to help your dad - this team and this city start the process of turning this ship around. We will support you and this team so I am asking that you consider purpose over a winning program choose us because with our support it can be the most fulfilling year of your life.

No. No chance going up against those teams and coming off a 0-12 season. If only we had a personal connection or something.

I made a $5 bet with my mom that he’ll play for UTEP.

She said no way he’ll come here. If your sarcasm holds up, I’ll be $5 richer!

Winston - welcome to EP we are not A&M but then again they're not us. If your looking for a home with a purpose we are your town. By coming here you won't be here to just put on the pads and play you'll be here to help your dad - this team and this city start the process of turning this ship around. We will support you and this team so I am asking that you consider purpose over a winning program choose us because with our support it can be the most fulfilling year of your life.
Great message that won't fall on deaf ears. I tweeted this post to his twitter account. Good post Jimmy da Miner

He is desperately needed here and would make a huge impact immediately just judging by his performance against UCLA. He and Locksley under center can do some damage in various formations.

Reactions: axingfools1
Guess my source was off by a bit, made it seemed like Dimel was going to commit when he visited, but this is a positive sign....

Reactions: JeeberD
Guess my source was off by a bit, made it seemed like Dimel was going to commit when he visited, but this is a positive sign....

Oookay.

5bd6a65e98b7312ccf9a8a67f2b5063c0b486daa_hq.gif

I can't imagine at this point he's going anywhere but UTEP. Hes not going to leave big schools twisting in the wind. He doesn't have that type of leverage hes a grad transfer fullback not a prized qb. This staff is good about creating a buzz and generating a headline. My guess is they will wait until right before spring ball and then make the announcement.

At least we are in the conversation. Kuglers kids couldn’t locate El Paso on a map.

I can't imagine at this point he's going anywhere but UTEP. Hes not going to leave big schools twisting in the wind. He doesn't have that type of leverage hes a grad transfer fullback not a prized qb. This staff is good about creating a buzz and generating a headline. My guess is they will wait until right before spring ball and then make the announcement.

Good point. Why would he go anywhere else? His dad is HC and all he has to do is sit at he dinner table and say “Dad give me touches.”

Good point. Why would he go anywhere else? His dad is HC and all he has to do is sit at he dinner table and say “Dad give me touches.

That’s exactly why I think he ends up at UTEP. His pops can “showcase” him, so to speak. Being that the FB doesn’t play as prominent of a part in the NFL as it used to, its more difficult to land a spot at that position. The more young Dimel can show what he has, the better his chances. Old Dimel can make sure he gets his opportunities, whether that be as lead blocker or toting the rock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT