ADVERTISEMENT

With Boum and Agnew out

I think this team has forgotten that you get 2 points for shots made from *inside* the 3-point line. Next time I get hail in my area I hope its aim on my house and cars is as good as UTEP's aim from 3-point land tonight.

Reactions: topminer
Really sad that no one stepped up on the offensive end. I knew that Verhoven wouldn't be it, because that guy is a (very small) role player. But anyone else, C'mon.
sandy-let-it-rain.gif

In our own gym.
There's practice shooters and plain shooters! I'd wager to say Boum is our only pure shooter. Saterfield can be a shooter if given the chance by the end of these season. Bonke and Tydus shouldn't shoot past 12 feet from the rim. Hollis will be about a 30% guy.... and Kennedy is the guy that thinks he can shoot, but really can't. I know you don't wanna mess up a kids confidence, but Golding need to tell this guy just get to the rim and free throw line until you prove you can make a shot for the love of Christ!

1 out of 24 for 3-pt FGs is stomach turning.

Just curious - what was our 3pt FG percentage in our other games? Do we normally try 24 treys in a game?

lieb

5-19 against NMSU and 10-23 against Pacific
Thanks!

This tells me UTEP took about the same number of treys they normally do. If they'd gone 5 - 24, the game would have theoretically been tied. A Pacific-like performance gets them a win.

My takeaway from this very, very small sample size is that I hope last night's fiasco was an outlier. It may have been exacerbated by the poor performance inside (as many have noted on previous posts). It will be interesting to see how the next few games play out.

lieb

Thanks!

This tells me UTEP took about the same number of treys they normally do. If they'd gone 5 - 24, the game would have theoretically been tied. A Pacific-like performance gets them a win.

My takeaway from this very, very small sample size is that I hope last night's fiasco was an outlier. It may have been exacerbated by the poor performance inside (as many have noted on previous posts). It will be interesting to see how the next few games play out.

lieb
What it tells you is this team is score dependent on Boum and needs to have others step up offensively if he's ever out or double teamed.

Golding missed out on several guys late that could have helped. I believe Jairus Hamilton had a visit to EP, but eventually ended up signing with WKU where he has been productive. You don't need three years to win in basketball, especially with the portal now. Golding did a good job keeping most of the core guys, but it doesn't look like he did enough to improve the existing talent. He has signed just one guy for next year so it will be interesting who else he adds to the roster.
Terry recruited two freshman that made immediate impacts. One of them averaged 12/10 his first year and the other 12/4. I'm starting to see what Axingfools1 talked about during the pre season.

Last edited:
It still shows that Khalfani hill as committed to us next year…. Anyone heard anything on this?

Give him a full year to recruit …. First set of recruits are always tough…
Billy's was. He even brought in that JUCO recruit who played at Cathedral. Second year he brought in a bumper crop that captured the WAC tourney.

Billy's was. He even brought in that JUCO recruit who played at Cathedral. Second year he brought in a bumper crop that captured the WAC tourney.
To be fair, Gillespie was hired after the sudden resignation of Rabedeaux. He had nothing to work with that first year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT