ADVERTISEMENT

WKU Gane Thread

Plenty of stink to go around. Players, coaches, admin. The only ppl I don't blame are the fans who are showing their (lack of) support by their absence.

Reactions: EPUTEP
There’s no way they’re 7-3. Impossible to accomplish in year 2. Probably are reading their record wrong.
Exactly. Kill is 5-1 in CUSA. It took Dimel 4 full years before he won 5 conference games. By then his record in conference was 5-23. Why is NMSU and Kill overachieving? Don’t they know it takes years and years of losing before we see minimal changes in this part of the country?

Exactly. Kill is 5-1 in CUSA. It took Dimel 4 full years before he won 5 conference games. By then his record in conference was 5-23. Why is NMSU and Kill overachieving? Don’t they know it takes years and years of losing before we see minimal changes in this part of the country?
Only reason NMSU beat MTSU is that they won time of possession. Dimel logic is why Kill wins.

Even then, you’re talking about 4 years to win 5 games total. Kill won 5 in 1 year.

Even in Dismel’s best season, the Miners were .500 in CUSA play.

Last edited:
Reactions: utep-piggy
Everyone on this board would be crazy to say UTEP is going to win anything over 4 games a year until proven otherwise.

I didn’t catch the 4th quarter yesterday but Dimel is an absolute fraud of a coach. He has confirmed why he should have never been hired in the first place. He can’t pick a starting QB (McConnel I’ll give a pass to because he’s young), his offensive philosiphy is trash and he is one of the worst in game managers in the country. Still burning through time outs, little to no urgency, awful play calling especially on 4th down and 0 adjustments after half time. I wish the media grew a pair and asked Senter why Dimel deserves to keep his job.

Everyone on this board would be crazy to say UTEP is going to win anything over 4 games a year until proven otherwise.

I didn’t catch the 4th quarter yesterday but Dimel is an absolute fraud of a coach. He has confirmed why he should have never been hired in the first place. He can’t pick a starting QB (McConnel I’ll give a pass to because he’s young), his offensive philosiphy is trash and he is one of the worst in game managers in the country. Still burning through time outs, little to no urgency, awful play calling especially on 4th down and 0 adjustments after half time. I wish the media grew a pair and asked Senter why Dimel deserves to keep his job.
Agree. I will also add that next year would be a huge rebuild even if Dimel is somehow retained by Senter. Not only is this year's team senior laden, there are several guys in the two deep who have chosen to self redshirt, with the hope of transferring. It just makes no sense to keep Dimel at this point, but the root problem is Senter. If there is a need to engage with boosters to procure a buyout, I have zero confidence Senter would be able to do that.

Agree. I will also add that next year would be a huge rebuild even if Dimel is somehow retained by Senter. Not only is this year's team senior laden, there are several guys in the two deep who have chosen to self redshirt, with the hope of transferring. It just makes no sense to keep Dimel at this point, but the root problem is Senter. If there is a need to engage with boosters to procure a buyout, I have zero confidence Senter would be able to do that.

I'm afraid there aren't enough boosters left who are still around that could make this happen (I would like to be wrong in this; however, I believe the UTEP Athletic Program is in this predicament because we lack enough booster influence for the program). A lot of the old boosters have passed on and many people have moved away from El Paso.

The buyout for Dimel’s final year is 562k. We’ve got two P5 games that will pay us 3,250,000 in 2024. Our tv money increased this year. Didn’t we also get a ton of exit fees? FAU’s run left us a bunch of money. The money is there. Are the cajones there?

The buyout for Dimel’s final year is 562k. We’ve got two P5 games that will pay us 3,250,000 in 2024. Our tv money increased this year. Didn’t we also get a ton of exit fees? FAU’s run left us a bunch of money. The money is there. Are the cajones there?
Two money games this year as well. UTEP can ill afford to keep Dimel. There is nothing left, the mass exodus of players is coming. It’s time to redo it, and hopefully with someone who has some balls, I don’t care if he’s an asshole, just win.

Dimel’s second year saw many of the first team O and D injured.

Dimel has a team working for him working Senter/UTEP for another year and I have a gut feeling he will get it.

• Haha
Reactions: utep-piggy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT