ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming

EPUTEP

MI Regular
Feb 22, 2023
UTEP is favorite by 3, but I don't see them winning because they had such a tough time with Norfolk State.

Wyoming 84
UTEP 72

UTEP is favorite by 3, but I don't see them winning because they had such a tough time with Norfolk State.

Wyoming 84
UTEP 72
I for the record I didn't get to see either game. However based on schedule Wyoming doesn't seem like they're much better than Norfolk.

I for the record I didn't get to see either game. However based on schedule Wyoming doesn't seem like they're much better than Norfolk.
This will give you a great breakdown.

Reactions: EPUTEP
San Antonio's own Brendan Wenzel, who had originally committed to UTEP before flipping to Utah is now on the Wyoming team. At the time I though we dodged a bullet with that kid, but I think we could use his shooting now.

If we can just make some outside shots and FTs, foul less, and turn it over less…

Reactions: develman
We look so bad in the half court game. I wish CJG would just let them run. Open it up a bit.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
What happened to the team that played against UCSB and to an extent Cal. I understand coaches watch film and adjust, but I don't get why this team has lost that swag and aggressiveness?

Our PG is not D1 level IMO.
I definitely think Powell is D1 talent, he's shown that here and at Buffalo. Problem is he's not a PG. That's on Golding not recruiting an immediate impact PG transfer. Powell is a 2 that can't shoot outside, but has elite athleticism. He can score a lot of different ways, but he's not a facilitator I don't think.

I definitely think Powell is D1 talent, he's shown that here and at Buffalo. Problem is he's not a PG. That's on Golding not recruiting an immediate impact PG transfer. Powell is a 2 that can't shoot outside, but has elite athleticism. He can score a lot of different ways, but he's not a facilitator I don't think.
Elite athleticism? He’s a borderline klutz with the ball.

Elite athleticism? He’s a borderline klutz with the ball.
Eite athleticism sometimes doesn't translate to other intangibles needed to run point. I agreed he's not a point guard so sometimes he gets in trouble when handling the ball too much. Handles and elite athleticism are not all ways in the same bag of talent. If you haven't seen his athleticism than you haven't watched him at all this year. Even an untrained basketball eye can see that. I'd say him dunking over D-1 talent shows that pretty obviously. Idk if you played basketball, but I played with guys who had elite athleticism that could jump over you. However they sometimes either lacked handles, outside shooting or basketball IQ. So back to my point, Powell is very athletic and can score in a variety of ways, but doesn't have the handles or basketball IQ to play point guard at this level as you said. That's how I see it.

Eite athleticism sometimes doesn't translate to other intangibles needed to run point. I agreed he's not a point guard so sometimes he gets in trouble when handling the ball too much. Handles and elite athleticism are not all ways in the same bag of talent. If you haven't seen his athleticism than you haven't watched him at all this year. Even an untrained basketball eye can see that. I'd say him dunking over D-1 talent shows that pretty obviously. Idk if you played basketball, but I played with guys who had elite athleticism that could jump over you. However they sometimes either lacked handles, outside shooting or basketball IQ. So back to my point, Powell is very athletic and can score in a variety of ways, but doesn't have the handles or basketball IQ to play point guard at this level as you said. That's how I see it.
Ok, what does he do well besides dunk?

Reactions: FedupMiner
I think all four teams in the tournament are pretty even. Wyoming had the tougher opponent to start the tournament. Another performance like last night and UTEP will see another team lift a trophy on our home court again.

Reactions: unihorn
I think all four teams in the tournament are pretty even. Wyoming had the tougher opponent to start the tournament. Another performance like last night and UTEP will see another team lift a trophy on our home court again.
Apparently not. 19 point win for NSU.

Reactions: JCorona
I heard them announce it on the broadcast, I was asking if they announced it in the arena. They had a stoppage for Hebb's FTs, it seemed like a good time to give Hardy some well deserved love, but it didn't seem to happen.

Reactions: JCorona
So
Here’s one of those infamous scoring droughts that have plagued CJG throughout his time at UTEP.
These guys just don’t know how to put the ball in the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT