ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming

We've scored 30 or less in the first half of both games in this tournament. Damn, watching us on offense is brutal.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I remember sitting in packed stands watching the Miners beat the likes of Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, Auburn, Boston College, and Maryland in the Sun Bowl Basketball Tournament during my time at UTEP. We were a great team and this was a great tournament. Now the stands are practically empty, the few fans there watching a crappy Miner team play on a crappy tournament. It's sad.

Don’t know if you heard, but when Dos Anjos missed his 3, Kappy said, “That’s what we’re used to seeing”. I know he meant we’re used to seeing him shoot 3s, but it was especially fitting because JDA taking 3s and missing go hand in hand.
But other than that miss, he was pretty good in his limited minutes. 😀

Reactions: MinerManiac
I remember sitting in packed stands watching the Miners beat the likes of Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, Auburn, Boston College, and Maryland in the Sun Bowl Basketball Tournament during my time at UTEP. We were a great team and this was a great tournament. Now the stands are practically empty, the few fans there watching a crappy Miner team play on a crappy tournament. It's sad.
Exactly. And you always knew walking into the DHC opponents like Texas AM CC, Norfolk State etc.. were going to be easy wins. Now they turn into close games and loses. And on top of that, we pay top dollar for it.

Miners are up, have the momentum, and are playing pretty well right now. In the past I would be happy. But I have this ominous concern that a patented 4 minute scoring drought is right around the corner.
Don’t jink us!

As axing has pointed out a million times Kalu shouldn't have been out there near half court to pick up foul #4, and now he has fouled out

Reactions: MinerMambo
Eite athleticism sometimes doesn't translate to other intangibles needed to run point. I agreed he's not a point guard so sometimes he gets in trouble when handling the ball too much. Handles and elite athleticism are not all ways in the same bag of talent. If you haven't seen his athleticism than you haven't watched him at all this year. Even an untrained basketball eye can see that. I'd say him dunking over D-1 talent shows that pretty obviously. Idk if you played basketball, but I played with guys who had elite athleticism that could jump over you. However they sometimes either lacked handles, outside shooting or basketball IQ. So back to my point, Powell is very athletic and can score in a variety of ways, but doesn't have the handles or basketball IQ to play point guard at this level as you said. That's how I see it.
Great game for Zid tonight. Really used his athleticism. Tip of the cap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT