ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Basketball -- suspended

If it isn't related to the Albuquerque situation -- this could be really bad stuff, seeing as they tried to hide the gun on their bus. The coaching staff on administrative leave but players are not suspended. What did the coaching staff do?

If it isn't related to the Albuquerque situation -- this could be really bad stuff, seeing as they tried to hide the gun on their bus. The coaching staff on administrative leave but players are not suspended. What did the coaching staff do?
The gun was at the hotel in ABQ and they told the State Police It was not hidden on the bus

Well atleast this news makes me feel better about our current losing streak. I guess it shows that things can always be worse. I can’t even imagine what Aggie fans are feeling? Going from the round of 32 to this, in one year!!

Unlike the Peake/UNM incident with police and news reports and video to build off of, there is nothing to go off of other than alleged multiple hazing incidents stated in one sentence.

What could they have done that's so bad? Doesn't hazing happen everywhere?? Maybe these youngers players are getting soft?

What could they have done that's so bad? Doesn't hazing happen everywhere?? Maybe these youngers players are getting soft?
You don’t suspend a program for carrying duffle bags, ordering the whole team Starbucks, or making them perform in front of the team. This is something far beyond that. I wouldn’t expect someone like you to understand.

I know it won’t be RP. I’m just pointing to the fact that they seem to “upgrade” in coaches quite often, and it wouldn’t be so surprising if it was someone of his caliber.
Well, given all the turmoil surrounding the program, is there a chance they might get hit with some sanctions? Which coach would want to step into a program that's crippled by sanctions?

Reactions: MinerFan79
Well, given all the turmoil surrounding the program, is there a chance they might get hit with some sanctions? Which coach would want to step into a program that's crippled by sanctions?
If there are no penalties imposed by the NCAA or self imposed by NMSU, then a coach can come in, use the recent 10 out of 12 years in the tournament and continue on.

How do you know there will be “crippling sanctions” issued.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
If there are no penalties imposed by the NCAA or self imposed by NMSU, then a coach can come in, use the recent 10 out of 12 years in the tournament and continue on.

How do you know there will be “crippling sanctions” issued.
Agreed. We have to wait and see what it was and if there was a coverup by Moccia. Heier will be gone and might be lucky to land back in JC, but this will be his last job in D1.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Well atleast this news makes me feel better about our current losing streak. I guess it shows that things can always be worse. I can’t even imagine what Aggie fans are feeling? Going from the round of 32 to this, in one year!!

i-regret-nothing-dont-care.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT