ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Basketball -- suspended

They won’t be employed much longer.

Absolute shit show up there in LC. Everyone from Haier down needs to go. More is going to come out indicating that some or all of the coaching staff knew and did nothing. "Boys being boys" they'll say. The school president is right saying that they need a complete reset on their men's basketball program. Best wishes for the young man who was assaulted.

Correct. Why didn’t that occur
According to our AD Miller was a top candidate from the beginning. My assumption was that he had the strike against him when Jans was out with COVID and he had to coach the NMSU UNM game in Cruces and the result was a loss for the Aggies. You compare a solid associate head coach with a rivalry loss to a NJCAA Champion coach with a 90%+ win rate and you can see how it would go. Rice was a senior same with Allen so we figured they would leave. Most of the Aggie fanbase was for GH and we'd thought it would be similar to a Jans sort of takeover with wins galore. Well we got a rude awakening. Now we'd be lucky if Miller gives us the time of day assuming everyone gets fired.

Jans and GH came from the same coaching tree and that's what GH hyped up in his interview. He said he was a players coach and can recruit. He proved that by getting NMSU the highest rated player in recent history ( we will see if that stands since Jans at Mississippi was also after him). We took a chance with a winning coach with no D1 experience and this is where we are: the worst scandal in NMSU basketball history to my knowledge.

Reactions: MinerManiac
From this article the 3 players that left the program plus Muhammad, Roy, and Avery were NOT among the 3 bullies. I personally think this stuff is more prevalent to P6 programs and might have been brought along with some of those transfers.
Roy would potentially be looking at some hard time if it was him since that would be a huge probation violation. Since he's mentioned as being clear in this case I wonder if he'll stick around. I don't imagine too many programs would want a player who can't leave the state

Didn't he get fired from Bowling Green for sexual harassment?
He was at a bar after the season and smacked a girl's ass. That's what got him fired and apparently he learned his lesson cuz if this happened under him with that incident the pitch forks and meth would have been prevalent in the tar and feathering that day.

He was at a bar after the season and smacked a girl's ass. That's what got him fired and apparently he learned his lesson cuz if this happened under him with that incident the pitch forks and meth would have been prevalent in the tar and feathering that day.
So that's a yes?

If the alleged crimes are proven true or plead out, not intervening is a potential crime, is it not? Parents/adults in child or elderly abuse cases, deadly car wrecks and teachers aware of students being abused at home can be charged if they do nothing.

When I think "hazing" I think of freshmen carrying equipment or bringing food to seniors. Hey, even fraternity hazing with tequila shots or being forced to do something embarrassing in front of sororities...

This all sounds like certain genre of bad movie.

I don't know if THIS kind of hazing is a regular thing, but it'd be naive to think hazing only happens at NMSU. They're just the ones who got turned in for it.

Reactions: axingfools1
When I think "hazing" I think of freshmen carrying equipment or bringing food to seniors. Hey, even fraternity hazing with tequila shots or being forced to do something embarrassing in front of sororities...

This all sounds like certain genre of bad movie.

I don't know if THIS kind of hazing is a regular thing, but it'd be naive to think hazing only happens at NMSU. They're just the ones who got turned in for it.
I think this form of hazing is becoming more and more prevalent.

The reason I made a joke about broomsticks and Vaseline is because the last case of hazing I heard about was in a small town not far from where I live and it involved…

So when I read hazing on the forum, it was the first thing I thought of. These instances that involve sexual contact are BEYOND hazing.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I think this form of hazing is becoming more and more prevalent.

The reason I made a joke about broomsticks and Vaseline is because the last case of hazing I heard about was in a small town not far from where I live and it involved…

So when I read hazing on the forum, it was the first thing I thought of. These instances that involve sexual contact are BEYOND hazing.

I sometimes wonder what is going on at NMSU in general. Again, I'm not oblivious to hazing going on everywhere but looking back...

1. a 14 year old girl gets shot and killed at a party hosted by NMSU football players

2. A Kappa Sigma initiate gets shot in the leg during some kind of initiation ceremony

3. An all out brawl at a football game involving basketball players

4. An armed basketball player sneaks out of his room and later winds up killing a student. The team attempts a cover up

5. The NMSU basketball season gets suspended after a hazing report including spanking a naked player and "touching" him sexually (?!?)

The stories I have heard coming out of NMSU Athletics and frat life the past 20 years have been cringy but I took them as isolated incidents. I get the rivalry culture between schools (traditional Land Grant Colleges vs. big city universities) but somewhere and somehow the regents and current and past presidents lost control in LC.

NMSU does do good things for their students. They have gotten southern NM farm & ranchers to pony up big bucks for scholarships over the years, as one example.

I think NMSU will follow this thru, fire the staff and hit the reset button as far as the program is concerned. I just can't see Heiar surviving this? A college can chew gum and walk at the same time by following the facts and correct the culture and at the the same time get a seasoned by the book but realistic based interim and cobble a team together for your new conference debut come late fall.

The million dollar question is if Moccia survives this? Evidence was hidden and calls were made in other separate incident and so NMSU told Heiar and staff to hot foot it back to LC when there are reports Aggies bball staff were asked for them to stay for questions. Good decisions have not, and as of last week, not being made at NMSU. Paid leave is a legit option for Moccia by the president/regents if they pursue it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
“It’s time for this program to reset.”-Pres. Arvizu.

Top brass met privately today to discuss situation at meeting tomorrow; sounds like heads will roll on Valentines Day?

“Cut the cancer out”-Jim Paul; former NMSU AD.

PR firm KOAT interviewed: “Fire the entire coaching staff”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT