ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Basketball -- suspended

Let’s be honest: NM is a backwater state.

They completely buried the investigation into the coaches’ actions after Peake’s shootout.

For them to now shut the program down, it’s gotta be really bad.

Last edited:
You don’t suspend a program for carrying duffle bags, ordering the whole team Starbucks, or making them perform in front of the team. This is something far beyond that. I wouldn’t expect someone like you to understand.
What you think happened??

dave-chappelle.gif

Hiring Heiar is looking incompetent at this point.
Goodman has a good take on the Aggie Basketball template over the years. Calls it a Renegade program. Recruited questionable (but talented) unwanted players and depended on the coach to control them. Jans was effective at this but obviously Heiar was a bad hire (pun intended.) Somehow, that program's stink is probably going to infuse the Conference (and UTEP) going forth.

Goodman has a good take on the Aggie Basketball template over the years. Calls it a Renegade program. Recruited questionable (but talented) unwanted players and depended on the coach to control them. Jans was effective at this but obviously Heiar was a bad hire (pun intended.) Somehow, that program's stink is probably going to infuse the Conference (and UTEP) going forth.
Give me a renegade moniker than whatever the f you would call our program right now.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
😳😳
From this article the 3 players that left the program plus Muhammad, Roy, and Avery were NOT among the 3 bullies. I personally think this stuff is more prevalent to P6 programs and might have been brought along with some of those transfers.

Any idea who the bullied was ?
Of the remaining active roster we have:
Xavier Pinson (LSU Transfer)
James Beck (Miami of Ohio Transfer)
DaJuan Gordon (Mizzou Transfer)
Doctor Bradley (JuCo)
Deshawndre Wasington (JuCo GH player)
Shakiru Odunew (Jans holdover)

Mady Traore doesn't count since the incidents occurred in July and he didn't come until mid season. Given that Muhammad was not part of this and was under GH I do not think Washington was a part of this. That is not something a first time D1 coach would put up with when bringing his players to a new gig. I doubt it happened under Jans so we can eliminate Shak. I don't think that would be a problem in other JuCos so I eliminate Doctor Bradley. That leaves us four guys: Pinson Gordon Beck and Aiken. The tricky part is Aiken Didn't play and Beck came from Miami of Ohio so not a hazing Mecca. I don't think a player waiting for a waiver would haze so in my personal assessment it is Pinson, Gordon, and Beck.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Should UTEP pick at the carcass that is the NMSU basketball program? Pinson, Washington, or Muhammed would be very nice additions. Anyone of those would be an upgrade by position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT