ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caitlin Clark/WNBA

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
I'm actually intrigued to see how she does. This is what the WNBA needed.

a5d79269-9258-4d79-8930-a0099ffc6cb1_text.gif

Stay woke
I'm a basketball fan and I like to watch good basketball players. I don't care what they do outside of the court. Lot of current WNBA players have talking trash to Caitlin. Im liking the smack talk. It makes it interesting.

Nah...but if you don't like something, just ignore it. Like I do with the soccer thread. No need to go in there and talk about how boring I think it is or how much better I think other sports are

I said UTEP women's softball is boring and I was called a sexist.

Reactions: kickballpro
Actually I think it was you who called me a sexist?? I said womens softball wasn't a sport or something like that.

Post in thread 'BEACH VOLLEYBALL' https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/beach-volleyball.11811/post-251577
Here's the thread... please show me where I, or anyone else, called you sexist.

Maybe you're just projecting what you actually feel about yourself?

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
While I just can't get into women's hoops, I can on occasion watch volleyball, softball, track, etc. They are definitely good/great athletes in their own right. It's just not my thing. Then again, I find it hard to watch an entire baseball game too.

What ticks me off is when women pro athletes want money comparable to their male counterparts. I believe women deserve equal pay for equal work in the business world. That's a no brainer for me. However, in sports, pay is driven off of sponsorships and viewers. It's NOT the same.

Back to topic....IF our ladies sports can get on tv, there's a good chance I will watch them. I just don't think I will take my old, lazy, fat ass to a game. :) (And YES, it IS sports) Then again bowling is considered a sport and us fat old men still "compete" till a ripe old age.

What ticks me off is when women pro athletes want money comparable to their male counterparts. I believe women deserve equal pay for equal work in the business world. That's a no brainer for me. However, in sports, pay is driven off of sponsorships and viewers. It's NOT the same.
Specifically which female pro athletes have wanted money comparable to LeBron James, Messi, Mike Trout, Tom Brady, or Tim Hardaway Jr?

I am not a fan of the WNBA, but I tell ya if her team plays Diana Taurasis’ team this year I will be watching that one. And I hope Caitlin drops 50 on her ass.
That's what I'm talking about. The trash talking is great , that will get people interested..

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Here's the thread... please show me where I, or anyone else, called you sexist.

Maybe you're just projecting what you actually feel about yourself?

It was somewhere else I can't find it. But yes I was called a sexist.

Please tell me that even you know the difference between saying "I find women's softball to be boring" and "women's softball is not a sport." On second thought, of course you don't.

No I don't know the difference. Can you explain it to me?

Can’t share revenue if the league has never been profitable in its entire existence. 🤡

The point is Caitlin could change all that. If she brings in the ratings and the fans then they will start getting paid. This is what the WNBA needed a star player. I always thought only a girl who can dunk would bring in the ratings. But someone that plays like Steph Curry is just as good.

She will bring ratings for a month or two, then they will be back to pre Catilin time.

The point is Caitlin could change all that. If she brings in the ratings and the fans then they will start getting paid. This is what the WNBA needed a star player. I always thought only a girl who can dunk would bring in the ratings. But someone that plays like Steph Curry is just as good.
Caitlin could be a start to something but I have my doubts. They have to address the wild, frenetic, and quite frankly ugly basketball they play. When these ladies miss they miss BAD! Talk about 3-5 shots in a row—air balls, off the side of the backboard misses. Wild and ill advised layup attempts. Loose balls that look like rugby scrums. They have a tendency to look like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off. Have you ever seen Taurasi try to dunk in game? I have and she was nowhere close. That woman was smoking crack thinking she got hops. Don’t nobody wanna watch that.

And quite honestly some of them just need to shut up. I’ve never seen Kelsey Plum play and really have no desire to.

Caitlin could be a start to something but I have my doubts. They have to address the wild, frenetic, and quite frankly ugly basketball they play. When these ladies miss they miss BAD! Talk about 3-5 shots in a row—air balls, off the side of the backboard misses. Wild and ill advised layup attempts. Loose balls that look like rugby scrums. They have a tendency to look like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off. Have you ever seen Taurasi try to dunk in game? I have and she was nowhere close. That woman was smoking crack thinking she got hops. Don’t nobody wanna watch that.

And quite honestly some of them just need to shut up. I’ve never seen Kelsey Plum play and really have no desire to.
The truth is I can't really respect Caitlin and any women's game. Just because they play with a smaller ball. Why do they play with a smaller ball?? When Spud Webb or Earl Boykins played they didn't use different balls. I can't really respect Caitlin shooting abilities until she uses a regular ball.

The truth is I can't really respect Caitlin and any women's game. Just because they play with smaller balls. Why do they play with a smaller balls?? When Spud Webb or Earl Boykins played they didn't use different balls. I can't really respect Caitlin shooting abilities until she uses a regular ball.
That’s what they asked about you too…

Who watching??

Also why people comparing Angel Reese vs Caitlin?? Angel Reese was picked 7th that's 6 spots behind Caitlin. If this was boxing she would have to wait for a title match. 🧐🧐🧐

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT