ADVERTISEMENT

11-2

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
11-2 That's what I am hoping this Miner team is going in to conference play. We've had some good, bad and ugly which is to be expected with so many new pieces. I'm really excited about Omega, cause I think once these guards learn to play together no one will be able to keep up with the speed. Also Omega is a pretty good rebounding guard and can jump out of the building. He has Culpepper type skills at about 6-3. If he's matured and can keep his speed in control watch out! We really need Jones back for rebounding and defense in the paint, he should be back in a couple of weeks or a month. If we go 11-2 OOC, in conference I'm saying right now we go 15-3 and finish reg season 26-5. Book it! If we go 9-4 with losses to Wazzou and NMSU then I say we are not as good as I hoped and finish 13-5 and 22-9. So basically the key is getting on a roll and some confidence. Starts Sunday in Price Town and then against the Damn Aggies. I'm ready to go, just really excited for Omega's return in my opinion he had the best upside coming off his freshman year and can be a special player!

Reactions: mikesarabia
11-2 That's what I am hoping this Miner team is going in to conference play. We've had some good, bad and ugly which is to be expected with so many new pieces. I'm really excited about Omega, cause I think once these guards learn to play together no one will be able to keep up with the speed. Also Omega is a pretty good rebounding guard and can jump out of the building. He has Culpepper type skills at about 6-3. If he's matured and can keep his speed in control watch out! We really need Jones back for rebounding and defense in the paint, he should be back in a couple of weeks or a month. If we go 11-2 OOC, in conference I'm saying right now we go 15-3 and finish reg season 26-5. Book it! If we go 9-4 with losses to Wazzou and NMSU then I say we are not as good as I hoped and finish 13-5 and 22-9. So basically the key is getting on a roll and some confidence. Starts Sunday in Price Town and then against the Damn Aggies. I'm ready to go, just really excited for Omega's return in my opinion he had the best upside coming off his freshman year and can be a special player!
Do we know for sure that Harris will be eligible?

We have not been very good against teams with good big men and Washington State has several, and unless we correct a lot of mistakes and start rebounding NMSU will beat us again. I am hoping for the best and would be great if you are right. Go Miners wish I was able to attend the NMSU game, should be loud and I HOPE a big crowd..hint,hint STUDENTS show up.

We have not been very good against teams with good big men and Washington State has several, and unless we correct a lot of mistakes and start rebounding NMSU will beat us again. I am hoping for the best and would be great if you are right. Go Miners wish I was able to attend the NMSU game, should be loud and I HOPE a big crowd..hint,hint STUDENTS show up.

The key to beating nmsu, besides way better rebounding, is shutting down either Siakam or Baker. Thats were about 50% of their scoring comes from. 63% in the first meeting. Hoping Harris can do the job on Baker.

If we go 4-1 the rest of OOC, it'll be a big accomplishment. We have 2 games we should win against UTRGV and Norfolk St. (though I don't think that game will be as much of a pushover as it might appear). And, we have 3 toss ups.

Traditionally, it seems like we have a hard enough time beating cupcakes at home the game after finals week. I'm not sure how well we're going to come out on the road at a Pac-12 team. We should probably be better that Washington St., but given that and how we played last week, I'm not all that confident.

As allminer said, the key to beating the Aggies is keep Baker in check. I"ll let Siakam go 20/20 all night long if we can keep Baker closer to 10. With all the talk about our issues down low, I still think the biggest problem is that our guards aren't very solid on the defensive end. Anyone who watch the game in Cruces could see that the only person who could hurt us on the perimeter was Baker and continued to get open look after open look.

Irvine, who we should see in the finals of the Sun Carnival, returns a bunch of players from a team that beat Louisville for 38 minutes in the Tourney.

UC Irvine hasn't been all that impressive so far. The u have some ok wins and have played a tough road schedule, but I think we'll in that one, tomorrow and NMSU are the ones I'm worried about

Harris is eligible, but I chatted about him with Coach Floyd at his radio show and Harris is still very much in Floyd's doghouse. Coach even mentioned Harris as a player who is a huge question mark for NEXT season, along with Matt Willms.

I'm really surprised for a coach to say a player who is going to play this year and be big part of your team, that he doesn't know if he'll be back next year!? If that were the case then why even play him not to mention that's disrespectful to the kid! I'm gonna assume something was lost in the translation you heard.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I'm really surprised for a coach to say a player who is going to play this year and be big part of your team, that he doesn't know if he'll be back next year!? If that were the case then why even play him not to mention that's disrespectful to the kid! I'm gonna assume something was lost in the translation you heard.

I gotta agree with you on that. Coaches usually keep that kind of info close in. Unless Harris is repeatedly ****ing off, and CTF is really trying to wake Harris up, I have a hard time believing TF would leak that to the general public. Although Floyd does do things his way, and it ain't always conventional. If true, I hope Harris finds his way out of the doghouse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT