ADVERTISEMENT

images

Reactions: Cube Jack
You know what?? I am gonna Get hell for this but I saw improvement last night and that's all I want to see for the rest of the season... their defense looked a lot better and I hope we stay in a zone the rest of the season.

Reactions: Cube Jack
You know what?? I am gonna Get hell for this but I saw improvement last night and that's all I want to see for the rest of the season... their defense looked a lot better and I hope we stay in a zone the rest of the season.

Nothing wrong with pointing that out, it should be encouraged. I couldn't attend the game, but if zone works, do it. Floyd loves the box in one and so do I, he just does not have the supporting cast to pull it off because depending on your opponent, you may need your best defensive man inside or around the perimeter.

For some perspective during the 6-24 season UTEP finished with an RPI of 307/325.

What improvement? They lost.

It's like saying to your kid "You got 4 F's and 1 on your last report card and this time you got 3 F's and 2 D's. You showed improvement."

That's right that is improvement.... would you rather have 4 f's?? If thy keep improving those F's become B's!!! It's sooo funny I don't even have to look at the names of the people that comment on here and I can always pick yours out....

You can say whatever you want but these kids are playing hard and they are showing improvement and that's all I want right now and to have a shot in the cusa tournament which is what this season is all about

Last edited:
That's right that is improvement.... would you rather have 4 f's?? If thy keep improving those F's become B's!!! It's sooo funny I don't even have to look at the names of the people that comment on here and I can always pick yours out....

You can say whatever you want but these kids are playing hard and they are showing improvement and that's all I want right now and to have a shot in the cusa tournament which is what this season is all about

Getting an F to a B takes A LOT of improvement. I'm talking about going from 1-9 to winning 20 games. That's not going to happen.

I'm sorry Purple, but you are an idiot.....

This is the reason the big boosters/donors will support this putz as a coach. And that's why Stull won't fire him.

With anyone thinking this way, we might as well give floyd another extension.

You do realize that at this rate we will not even qualify for the CUSA tournament.

4 F's or 3 F's doesn't make a difference. Both are crap.

Reactions: alvinosports

Do you really feel they can improve enough to even make the C-USA tournament after what we witnessed in the OCC portion which was a solid F against a kindergarten type schedule?

Louisiana College or Terry Winn ain't walking through that door in C-USA play, and moral victories don't count in conference standings in regards to just qualifying for a 12 team tournament in a league with 14 institutions. I agree, they "played hard" last night but this team still has a horrible basketball IQ as a whole, and is very, very, very incomplete depth wise. UTSA might even be a home favorite against us and we might still out draw them in their own gym which is fully equipped with volleyball lines, and actual walls along the baselines.

Missing the C-USA tournament is a realistic possibility, moral victories are for YMCA youth leagues bud, this turd doesn't look like its gonna get shined imo.

Purplefire seems like the type of kid who wad praised for every miniscule thing he did. I'm a very positive person, but this team is awful. If they start winning games then I will say they improved.

I'm sorry Purple, but you are an idiot.....

This is the reason the big boosters/donors will support this putz as a coach. And that's why Stull won't fire him.

With anyone thinking this way, we might as well give floyd another extension.

First off what's with the name calling?? Are we in first grade??

Second.... what you do you want? The team not to improve??

All I said is I want the team to improve and I was happy our defense improved with their use of the zone.....

How in anyway is that being an idiot ??

First off what's with the name calling?? Are we in first grade??

Second.... what you do you want? The team not to improve??

All I said is I want the team to improve and I was happy our defense improved with their use of the zone.....

How in anyway is that being an idiot ??

UTEP is 346/351. There has been no improvement.

Last edited:
Purplefire seems like the type of kid who wad praised for every miniscule thing he did. I'm a very positive person, but this team is awful. If they start winning games then I will say they improved.

Actually it's just the opposite (since we are cool with name calling) you jack ass!!! I always out worked everyone for what I got and always showed that hard work prevails over talent.... if the miners keep working their asses off they can improve enough to be competitive in c-USA.... it's very easy to be a negative when you don't get your way but I choose to keep working and see results... I believe in hope and hard work

UTEP 1966 and 05...Why don't you concentrate your efforts to hoping and demanding better results on the court including replacing Floyd and leave Purple alone just because your sentiments differ a bit.
You, Purple and everyone else wants to win. Not your fault; not Purple's fault. I doubt Purple will be happy with a season ending record of 2-28.

Reactions: PURPLEFIRE
Actually it's just the opposite (since we are cool with name calling) you jack ass!!! I always out worked everyone for what I got and always showed that hard work prevails over talent.... if the miners keep working their asses off they can improve enough to be competitive in c-USA.... it's very easy to be a negative when you don't get your way but I choose to keep working and see results... I believe in hope and hard work

Hard work doesn't always prevail over talent.

You use a lot of "if" and "can".

UTEP 1966 and 05...Why don't you concentrate your efforts to hoping and demanding better results on the court including replacing Floyd and leave Purple alone just because your sentiments differ a bit.
You, Purple and everyone else wants to win. Not your fault; not Purple's fault. I doubt Purple will be happy with a season ending record of 2-28.

You are mistaken if you think us hoping and demanding will change anything.

Leave Purple alone? LMAO!! This is a message board. If you want to be left alone stay off message boards.

UTEP is 353/358. There has been no improvement.
How did we go from 346/351 to 353/358? Did seven teams get added over night?

I'm not trying to be a smart a$s just wondering why the two different set of numbers.

Purple will stay have something positive to say uf UTEP wins 2 or 3 games.

It can !! Because my players have done it time and time again!

If course it CAN. I never disputed that. All I'm saying is hard work doesn't always prevail over talent. There are players that work less than others who are better players.

I used to coach but have just started teaching.... was a high school tennis coach near Dallas for about 9 years and I also worked a bit for the Baylor basketball team

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT