ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty @ UTEP Game Thread, predictions encouraged

I just watched their game with NMSU. I think UTEP is going to win this one. Liberty is very beatable with the right tools, and the Miners have them.
Miners 75
Flameouts 69

Rebounding slight edge to Liberty but should be even. Liberty better at 3’s while UTEP is dismal but UTEP did jump to an early lead with made 3’s Thursday.

Golding needs to find consistency. On the radio, social media, vultures and idiots flying around in here and an empty DHC, UTEP fans have given up on Golding.

Rebounding slight edge to Liberty but should be even. Liberty better at 3’s while UTEP is dismal but UTEP did jump to an early lead with made 3’s Thursday.

Golding needs to find consistency. On the radio, social media, vultures and idiots flying around in here and an empty DHC, UTEP fans have given up on Golding.
Being unable to win on the road and bad losses at home in year 3 sucks. Most are tired of this crap, especially with players now getting paid.

These are the keys in my opinion.
1. I don't think Liberty has seen anything like the orange buzz saw defense. Will it wear them down as the game goes on?
2. On average, the Flames are short so we can play a lot of small ball and we have plenty of fast guards to throw at them. Golding's rule about touching paint every possession will be an important thing to watch. BTW,the Flames play zone and man defense and they sometimes switch it up between possessions.
3. Liberty relies on the 3 and is 10th in NCAA in 3 pt production. The Miners are at the top in 3 pt defense. Advantage UTEP, but not by much.
However, in the Aggie game, the 3s for Liberty weren't falling like usual so they spent a lot of time driving to the basket with good success which is why Cleveland had 23 points.
4. Will our depth play a roll in wearing out the visitors?
5. The Flames like to sit on the 3pt line and quickly pass the ball around the arc until someone has a good look. If UTEP can disrupt that flow and get a few steals, we'll destroy their game plan.
6. Liberty is very good at taking care of the ball and the Miners are tops in the country at creating turnovers. That is the biggest tension that will need to be resolved tonight. It'll probably come down to which teams want the win more.

Common opponents:
LU lost at WKU by 2
to Jax at home by 10
at Jax by 11
at La Tech by 10
at NMSU by 6 in OT (last thursday)
LU beat FIU at home by 9
Sam at home by 11

Liberty's CUSA record is 2-5 and they are 1-5 on the road for the season.

The Miners are 3.5 dogs for this game.

Last edited:

Liberty is very good at positioning for long rebounds off of missed 3s. UTEP needs to adjust to Liberty's rebounding spacing IMO.

So you're an "idiot" if you have given up on Golding?

Is anyone having trouble with the ESPN+ site?
this is the message I get

We are unable to play this video at the moment. Please try again later.​

You’re right. Energy is off tonight. Need to see more Terrell and less Solomon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT