ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Jones and Alvin Jones

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
This post is sorta random, but I was searching on YouTube this morning and came across this clip of Aaron Jones and Alvin Jones making back-to-back dunks in High School. It reminded me, that not only is Aaron Jones probably going to end his career as one of the greatest Miner Football players ever, but as a True Freshman, he also played Point Guard for almost an entire half in a road victory for UTEP against a decent ODU team. In this day and age, you never see Star Football players also help lead their basketball teams to victory in key conference road games, yet Aaron Jones did this and he did it as a True Freshman.

Reactions: mextex915
This post is sorta random, but I was searching on YouTube this morning and came across this clip of Aaron Jones and Alvin Jones making back-to-back dunks in High School. It reminded me, that not only is Aaron Jones probably going to end his career as one of the greatest Miner Football players ever, but as a True Freshman, he also played Point Guard for almost an entire half in a road victory for UTEP against a decent ODU team. In this day and age, you never see Star Football players also help lead their basketball teams to victory in key conference road games, yet Aaron Jones did this and he did it as a True Freshman.

Great to see these guys evolve the way they have at UTEP. Alvin had a hell of a game today. He has become a key player in our defense.

Torraino Singleton was a bad ass. He went toe to toe against the A train at Tampa until legal troubles came calling.

Those are two very talented brothers and Aaron I think is a lock to get drafted as long as he has no more major injuries and Alvin will have an outside shot as a free agent as he has two more years just a little undersized do LB, more of an NFL strong Safety

I think Alvin is the better NFL prospect of the brothers. With his size and speed he could go in the top three rounds. He's just now mastering the posistion, in two years he will be a beast. I love Aaron his heart and everything he brings. However, from an NFL perspective teams will be scared about his durability. He's missed games in all three college seasons. He will get a chance as an undrafted free agent. I just hope he heals and that they put him on a pitch count. He's about a 12-15 carry a game back. Next year i hope they explore playing him in slot he could be deadly there.

Well as long as they both make it, but I see it the other way depending on Aarons health. If he makes it the nct two years injury free he'll get drafted without a doubt he'll be about 230 come senior year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT