ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Jones

As long as whomever drafts him doesn't plan on making him an every down back, they'll be able to get the most out of him. Some dingle berry head coach tries to position him as an every down RB then, well, you already know. He won't last or they won't keep him (cause he won't last). Use him smartly and he'll pay huge dividends.

Reactions: allminer
Agree. Not slow at all. It's more important for a back like him to have a quick 10 and 20 yard burst because as quick as het hits that level, he's not gonna get chased down by too many guys.

Also, scouts will recognize the explosiveness as AJ took 2nd and 3rd in the vert and broad jumps, if I remember correctly. Also took 2 and 3 in the 3 cone drill and 20 yard sprint. That's the range where the majority of football is played anyway. I think the combine absolutely solidified his stock in the draft.

It is a stacked RB class, so when he goes, I really have no idea. But he'll go. And it'll probably be higher than many of the scouts thought before the combine. I think he opened some eyes.

I agree 100%!

If I'm Kug's and Co, I'm gonna ride his coattails, recruiting wise, for as long as I can.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Not weird - disgusting and stupid. I hate Dean Spanos (Chargers' owner).

Yes, they were the LA Chargers for one year. They then spent the rest of their history in San Diego, a community that loved them as their own. Now they're in LA, playing in a city where no one gives a damn about the Chargers.

Had they still been in San Diego, I would have loved for Aaron Jones to play for my Chargers. Now I hope he doesn't play for that stupid organization. It was bad enough when I had to put up with Johnny Lee Higgins and Thomas Howard on the Raiders.

Why would the Padres be awarded with a brand new ballpark (Petco is beautiful), but the Chargers never could get theirs approved?

Why would the Padres be awarded with a brand new ballpark (Petco is beautiful), but the Chargers never could get theirs approved?

Cause the Spano's numbskulls ticked off the City of San Diego. First they made demands for a new stadium in the midst of an collapsing economy. Second, they initially didn't want to contribute any money. Third, they started tossing LA in San Diego's face. Even moving their training camp just outside of Los Angeles. That's just those few things that I'm aware of. However, the biggest blunder by those morons was not reading the tea leaves. San Diego and Los Angeles, athletically speaking, do not get along whatsoever. A few years ago I was visiting some friends in San Diego and we went to a Padres game at Petco Park. That is one of the most beautiful stadiums around. Well during the game when the posted the Dodgers score, the crowd boo'd like Carl Lewis was singing the Star Spangled Banner again. So when these dorks started throwing the threat to move to LA in San Diego's face, they got the palm of the hand in theirs. Now they're the Stubhub Chargers and LA isn't thrilled for their carpet bagging asses to be there either.

There is plenty of blame to go around between the city and the Chargers organization in regards to the stadium. If the Chargers organization had been willing to stay in the Mission Valley area, which actually is the perfect place for a stadium, with easy access to four major freeways (the 8, 15, 805, and 163), then I think a deal could have easily been done. But the Chargers instead tried to force through their downtown proposal on the ballot a year after making doing everything they could do to move to LA. The ballot measure needed a 2/3 majority to pass - you'd be lucky to get that anywhere - but, like Tribalwarrior pointed out, courting LA so hard the year before insured that they wouldn't even get close.

Dean Spanos ended up paying the NFL 600 million of his own dollars to move to a market that doesn't give a damn about him. If he had combined that money with the $350 million that the NFL would have given him to stay put, he could have built his San Diego stadium. I hope that he loses a ton of money with this move.

Cause the Spano's numbskulls ticked off the City of San Diego. First they made demands for a new stadium in the midst of an collapsing economy. Second, they initially didn't want to contribute any money. Third, they started tossing LA in San Diego's face. Even moving their training camp just outside of Los Angeles. That's just those few things that I'm aware of. However, the biggest blunder by those morons was not reading the tea leaves. San Diego and Los Angeles, athletically speaking, do not get along whatsoever. A few years ago I was visiting some friends in San Diego and we went to a Padres game at Petco Park. That is one of the most beautiful stadiums around. Well during the game when the posted the Dodgers score, the crowd boo'd like Carl Lewis was singing the Star Spangled Banner again. So when these dorks started throwing the threat to move to LA in San Diego's face, they got the palm of the hand in theirs. Now they're the Stubhub Chargers and LA isn't thrilled for their carpet bagging asses to be there either.
I've got I good buddy who lives in San Diego, and he's told me what you just wrote, almost verbatim.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT