ADVERTISEMENT

Walden's Football Staff Positions

Prospero915

Rookie
Nov 16, 2014
Besides position coaches and coordinators, looks like Walden is bringing in a large staff:

*Recruiting Operations & Transfer portal coordinator
*General Manager
*Director of Texas Recruiting
*Director of Player Wellness
*Director of Football Operations Chief of Staff
*Director of Creative Content

I didn't know we had a large enough, budget for these positions, but that's nice that we do. Would anyone like to chime in on the duties of these positions?? What is a General Manager in college football? Compared to Football Operations? (I know Nate Poss is gone, who was in charge of team travel and logistics.)

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Besides position coaches and coordinators, looks like Walden is bringing in a large staff:

*Recruiting Operations & Transfer portal coordinator
*General Manager
*Director of Texas Recruiting
*Director of Player Wellness
*Director of Football Operations Chief of Staff
*Director of Creative Content

I didn't know we had a large enough, budget for these positions, but that's nice that we do. Would anyone like to chime in on the duties of these positions?? What is a General Manager in college football? Compared to Football Operations? (I know Nate Poss is gone, who was in charge of team travel and logistics.)
The job descriptions are in the announcements.
GM “O'Dell follows Walden to the Sun City after serving as Austin Peay's general manager the last two seasons (2022-2023). While a Governor, O'Dell oversaw the personnel department and was involved in recruiting, roster building, scouting, scholarship allocation/management, personnel evaluation, compliance, and other various efforts.”

Reactions: Prospero915
The job descriptions are in the announcements.
GM “O'Dell follows Walden to the Sun City after serving as Austin Peay's general manager the last two seasons (2022-2023). While a Governor, O'Dell oversaw the personnel department and was involved in recruiting, roster building, scouting, scholarship allocation/management, personnel evaluation, compliance, and other various efforts.”
Oh nice I see the links now with the job descriptions . Thanks!

I like it. These are positions UTEP should have had years ago because college athletics have changed so much. A lot of these positions like transfer portal coordinator, Texas recruiting and player wellness sound like full time jobs that are best left to dedicated staff as opposed to coaches who have to manage game planning and coaching.

I like it. These are positions UTEP should have had years ago because college athletics have changed so much. A lot of these positions like transfer portal coordinator, Texas recruiting and player wellness sound like full time jobs that are best left to dedicated staff as opposed to coaches who have to manage game planning and coaching.
Interesting point, perhaps that will translate to some success on the field. I'll be there for the home-opener, regardless what happens at Nebraska (might do that trip too lol)

Interesting point, perhaps that will translate to some success on the field. I'll be there for the home-opener, regardless what happens at Nebraska (might do that trip too lol)
We’ll see. But at least you have someone whose sole job is to find prospects in HS and the portal. That probably takes a load off the staff and they can focus on other priorities. I wonder how many CUSA teams have this sort of staff makeup.

Reactions: Prospero915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT