ADVERTISEMENT

ABC7 slobbering over Kill hire

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Kill has a process — doesn’t happen overnight. He has epilepsy. Grinder, but we’ll see.

It's a good hire until Kill has a seisure and starts slobbering on himself. I serious hope for his sake hecan stay healthy but I doubt it. Doctors told him to retire once. Coaching in a very hot environment with less than optimal medical resources seems like a very bad idea. I seriously hope he stays healthy. I don't want see anyone die on the sideline. If he stays healthy it's a great hire for NMSU. I don't think many schools would sign off on his health.

It's a good hire until Kill has a seisure and starts slobbering on himself. I serious hope for his sake hecan stay healthy but I doubt it. Doctors told him to retire once. Coaching in a very hot environment with less than optimal medical resources seems like a very bad idea. I seriously hope he stays healthy. I don't want see anyone die on the sideline. If he stays healthy it's a great hire for NMSU. I don't think many schools would sign off on his health.
Lifestyle changes, bro. He’s much healthier now than when he was in Minnesota. He’s been given the go ahead to take on head coaching responsibilities. One public seizure doesn’t indicate the end of a career.

What doesn’t Kill ya, only makes ya stronger! Bada bing!!!

Last edited:
Lifestyle changes, bro. He’s much healthier now than when he was in Minnesota. He’s been given the go ahead to take on head coaching responsibilities. One public seizure doesn’t indicate the end of a career.
Guy was a hell of a coach and was right on the brink of turning Minnesota into a consistent contenders in the Big 10. I hope he's healthy. He deserves another go.

Guy was a hell of a coach and was right on the brink of turning Minnesota into a consistent contenders in the Big 10. I hope he's healthy. He deserves another go.
Helluva coach. That was close to his own quote. He said if he was as healthy back then as he is now, he’d still be fighting for Big 10 supremacy at Minny.

Well the good news is he's healthier now and I heard he had a Kill Switch installed in case he suffers another seizure!

Look at those awards. All from 1997 and if memory serves me right, I also believe Price had a very well known NFL flop qb during that year. Kill’s awards were almost a decade apart and at different schools. To me that stands out more than all these awards during one season.

I’m confused by these posts. I said that the Kill hire was like Utep getting Mike Price. I guess I should’ve expanded for clarity. Both are respected and awarded coaches with baggage, Mike price coming off the Alabama scandal and Kill coming off from health issues. For NMSU and their small athletic budget, and poor football performance, this is an amazing hire for them. So I guess if you want to get into a pissing contest as to which coach Has a better resume prior to their hiring, then I would give you the award with Mike Price. But seriously???

I see 2step is still slobbering all over Price's nuts. Serious questions...Did you sell him his house here? Did you sell it for him when he left? Did you sell his boys their houses? Is this why you love him so much? (Not trying to be snarky, but damn)
While Price did get national coach of the year honors (with the help from an awesome season by Leaf) and other various awards, it could be argued that Kill's resume is better overall. Price had basically 4 real good seasons in Pulman in 14 years. The others were garbage. He barely had a winning record at Weber State and WSU. He did get hired by Bama because of his back-to-back 10 win seasons, but odds were he would have been fired in 2 years at Bama. He WAS a good hire for us at the time, but 3 years in, it was all downhill.

Kill has done very well everywhere he has been and has an overall winning record (50+ wins over losses) while Price has a losing record. This is a great hire for NMSU right now. Furthermore, SAMinergirl is correct with the comparison. Both were good "name" hires at the time for each school. We shall see how theirs pans out because ours sure sucked.

Kill has done very well everywhere he has been and has an overall winning record (50+ wins over losses) while Price has a losing record. This is a great hire for NMSU right now. Furthermore, SAMinergirl is correct with the comparison. Both were good "name" hires at the time for each school. We shall see how theirs pans out because ours sure sucked.
Agree. Price elevated the program... and then stagnated. Out history is so poor that his tenure is still one of the best we've seen at UTEP.

Some people want to blindly hate anything NMSU does, but there's no denying this is a good hire for them. One of the best they could hope for realistically. We'll see how it plays out.

I don't really know much about the guy but I always like to judge coaches by what happened before they took over and after they left the program.

For example Dimel took over a 10 win program and the following years after he left they went 1-9, 2-10, and 2-9.

Kill took over a 2 win team and after he left they went 11-3, 12-2, 12-2, 11-3.

Assume with that data whatever you want but I have a clear conclusion most don't want to hear so I won't say it.

I don't really know much about the guy but I always like to judge coaches by what happened before they took over and after they left the program.

For example Dimel took over a 10 win program and the following years after he left they went 1-9, 2-10, and 2-9.

Assume with that data whatever you want but I have a clear conclusion most don't want to hear so I won't say it.
What about after he left Houston? By this way of thinking, he should get “credit” for leaving Houston with 7-6, 3-8, and 6-6 teams as well. Or does only his Wyoming stint count?

What about after he left Houston? By this way of thinking, he should get “credit” for leaving Houston with 7-6, 3-8, and 6-6 teams as well. Or does only his Wyoming stint count?
Amazing work. I'm sure UH wishes they could go back to that instead of the 10 and 13 win seasons. Like I've said many times Dimel’s ceiling is 8 wins.

Yeah, but Dimel doubled his win total Y1 to Y2.

Amazing work. I'm sure UH wishes they could go back to that instead of the 10 and 13 win seasons. Like I've said many times Dimel’s ceiling is 7/8 wins.
Not sure how his latest coaching gig is less relevant than his first one? Just because you don’t want to give credit and appear “smart”, doesn’t mean you should leave out more current facts.

Nobody is saying Houston wishes they had those seasons. You’re the one saying he left a program with 1 and 2 win seasons, though that is not his most recent example.

Not sure how his latest coaching gig is less relevant than his first one? Just because you don’t want to give credit and appear “smart”, doesn’t mean you should leave out more current facts.

Nobody is saying Houston wishes they had those seasons. You’re the one saying he left a program with 1 and 2 win seasons, though that is not his most recent example.
And what point are you making? That if we hire a Briles type of coach maybe we're lucky and have a season one game above. 500 with the next coach.

And what point are you making? That if we hire a Briles type of coach maybe we're lucky and have a season one game above. 500 with the next coach.
That your statement is “inaccurate” as you left out important statistics and only used statistics to fit your narrative.

That your statement is “inaccurate” as you left out important statistics and only used statistics to fit your narrative.
What's my narrative? That Dimel’s ceiling is 8 wins. Thanks for doing the UH research for me and further proving my point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT