ADVERTISEMENT

AD and head football coach dreaming (new blood)

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Former ACU AD that is now an assistant AD at North Texas — Jared Mosley. He was big in fundraising that got the new on campus stadium started and then began the transition for ACU from d2 to d1.

Chris Thomsen — former HC at ACU who set tons of records then moved on to OL coach at Tech, ASU and is now at TCU. Thomsen is known to be a great recruiter and developer of talent. Thomsen's OC at ACU was recently fired as the HC at ACU so those 2 could reunite together in EP. With Thomsen's relationships he has built up around Texas and the SW with his time at ASU he'd be perfect for UTEP.

What’s up with this tweet? Is this really the direction we are heading in?

Steve seems to think Lisa Campos is the favorite right now. He is not confident that UTEP is looking to change course.

Steve seems to think Lisa Campos is the favorite right now. He is not confident that UTEP is looking to change course.

Steve knows as much as we do because he has been blacklisted from any inside UTEP information. This is all just speculation.

All future ADs and coaches should have UTEP ties! It's worked time and time again. Sean Kugler led us to the 2014 New Mexico Bowl and Coach Floyd has been to 2 NITs. We are so lucky to have been blessed with these great coaches. We are lucky to have them. Previous coaches like Girlespie, Sadler, and Barbie left us high and dry.

I would rather suck and lose to the scum of D1 and have the same coach here season after season after season after season after season. It's way better than winning and seeing your coach leave for more money. I wish Lisa was hired earlier so she could have hung on to Kugler. 2025 was gonna be the turning point. Only 8 seasons away, now we might get stuck with a coach who will win games.

Reactions: El Paso 777
It will be Lisa Campos.
giphy.gif

If it is Lisa Campos, her husband, Darren D’Attilio would likely be part of the package. He worked at UTEP previously as well; and is currently at NAU.

I didn't think this could get worse, but Campos would be a new low for UTEP. Stull has been a disaster for the last ten years but Campos would be a downgrade. She has done nothing to earn this job. She is Stull's lackey. He pulled her out of the academic side and fast tracked her in the athletic department. This is classic UTEP small minded, unispired, and lazy. I pray it's not Campos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT