ADVERTISEMENT

Ad in student newspaper of Notre Dame

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
Maybe the UTEP paper could be used in a similar way. Swarbrick is the ND athletic director.

CzE-JUyWEAAavcP.jpg:large

Reactions: UTEP05
Maybe the UTEP paper could be used in a similar way. Swarbrick is the ND athletic director.

CzE-JUyWEAAavcP.jpg:large

Oh hell yes. I specifically remember Stull blowing into El Paso and wanting to get rid of UTEP "good ol' boy" culture (and boy did UTEP have it, bad) and he did get rid if it. He asked people to retire, he didn't even give a sniff for those on the bottom end a chance to move up after loyal service and replaced many others. It was shock n awe when he came in and employees were shocked. The only hold over was Teicher but he is contracted and not an employee. But UTEP insiders were stunned Teich renegotiated his contract because Stull was burning everything into his dumpster pile, everything!

Well it appears on the surface that may be the case again. Stull has done alot of improvements but with the Price, Kugler and embarrasing Floyd meltdowns and bantering of tranfer culture in NCAA basketball and unwilling to take responsibility for his recruiting decisions that led to this current team dilemma and underachieving, this may be the call for Natalicio to question if Stull is the right fit, right now as a mid major AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTEP05
Oh hell yes. I specifically remember Stull blowing into El Paso and wanting to get rid of UTEP "good ol' boy" culture (and boy did UTEP have it, bad) and he did get rid if it. He asked people to retire, he didn't even give a sniff for those on the bottom end a chance to move up after loyal service and replaced many others. It was shock n awe when he came in and employees were shocked. The only hold over was Teicher but he is contracted and not an employee. But UTEP insiders were stunned Teich renegotiated his contract because Stull was burning everything into his dumpster pile, everything!

Well it appears on the surface that may be the case again. Stull has done alot of improvements but with the Price, Kugler and embarrasing Floyd meltdowns and bantering of tranfer culture in NCAA basketball and unwilling to take responsibility for his recruiting decisions that led to this current team dilemma and underachieving, this may be the call for Natalicio to question if Stull is the right fit, right now as a mid major AD.

I remember the recruiting scandal that caused probation and limited scholarships in 1993. The program didn't recover for years. Then there was the eligibility scandal with Kevin Beal. I still remember the bashing John Thompson got in the paper from Priscilla Phillips and Gary Bogue. The El Dorados and other such organizations ruled with an iron fist. I'm probably forgetting many things, but the difference from those days is very evident

Network (1976) with Faye Dunaway and Robert Duvall.
Howard Beale, the longtime anchor of the Union Broadcasting System's UBS Evening News, learns from friend and news division president Max Schumacher that he has just two more weeks on the air because of declining ratings. The two get drunk and lament the state of their industry. The following night, Beale announces on live television that he will commit suicide on next Tuesday's broadcast. UBS fires him after this incident, but Schumacher intervenes so that Beale can have a dignified farewell. Beale promises he will apologize for his outburst, but once on the air, he launches back into a rant claiming that life is "bullshit." Beale's outburst causes the newscast's ratings to spike, and much to Schumacher's dismay, the upper echelons of UBS decide to exploit Beale's antics rather than pull him off the air. In one impassioned diatribe, Beale galvanizes the nation, persuading his viewers to shout out of their windows "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_(film)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT