ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Prediction Thread

Last season Arkansas whipped the eventual MAC champion, 11-1 NIU, 52-14.
Arkansas beat a 6-6 UAB team 45-17 and they beat the Longhorns 31-7 in a bowl game.
Arkansas is ranked 18th now and is expected to be better than last year. If UTEP keeps the score respectable I'll be happy. If the Miners pull of a huge upset, I'll be ecstatic.

Ark 31 UTEP 17

Ark em saw 35
UTEP 12
Utep starts strong and moves the ball but can not score in the red zone has to settle for field goals.
The game is close until the third quarter home field takes its toll. 4th quarter all Ark em saw.
Miners play well and respectable but turnovers hurt momentum in the fourth. Still proud of how they played.
Go Miners

Arkansas 31 UTEP 10

Chi and his stinky NMSU loving cohorts posting after the game and insulting with biatch backhanded comments.......guaranteed.

Last season Arkansas whipped the eventual MAC champion, 11-1 NIU, 52-14.
Arkansas beat a 6-6 UAB team 45-17 and they beat the Longhorns 31-7 in a bowl game.
Arkansas is ranked 18th now and is expected to be better than last year. If UTEP keeps the score respectable I'll be happy. If the Miners pull of a huge upset, I'll be ecstatic.

Ark 31 UTEP 17
ThatsThats alot of faith you have and i'd be able excited with that score. The issue I have is Arkansas mirrors Utep, but Bigger, Stronger, Faster etc... I wanna see effort, bit I think offense will struggle greatly.
Arkansas 38
Utep 10

I predict the swine will be tailgating before the game:

e1e32e.jpg

Arkansas will call off the dogs in the late third qtr might score a few late 40 or so to 10 or ao

Uhmm since when do we allow ol' chi to start a prediction thread...I want the official one.

It's rather interesting seeing the scoring predictions here. I'm very excited to see how UTEP does this year. In MOST cases, I will root for a G5 school to win over a P5 school. Can't do that this week for UTEP, though.

Regardless of what happens on Saturday, the rest of your season sets up pretty nicely. I'm seeing 7-8 wins for UTEP, unless you can catch Texas Tech off guard.

Good luck on Saturday. Here's to an injury free game for everyone. :)

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Arkansas will call off the dogs in the late third qtr might score a few late 40 or so to 10 or ao
Very unlikely that they would call off the dogs. I watched Bielemas Wisconsin teams for years and one common thread is that he will run up the score whenever he can. If the hogs are blowing out the Miners they will simply put the pedal to the metal and score as much as they can. My hope is that UTEP is good enough to avoid that scenario.

Very unlikely that they would call off the dogs. I watched Bielemas Wisconsin teams for years and one common thread is that he will run up the score whenever he can. If the hogs are blowing out the Miners they will simply put the pedal to the metal and score as much as they can. My hope is that UTEP is good enough to avoid that scenario.
Bielema does have a bit of a sadistic streak and can make quite the point without the need of running up the score.

Exhibit A: Last year's game vs Texas, where the Hogs took a knee right at their own goal line three plays in a row. Basically said "We know you can't do anything, defensively... even if we give you the opportunity."

I think that makes a stronger statement than running the score up. Don't be surprised if he does that again against UTEP.

This is an interesting thread for me to post in. I grew up in El Paso and went to UTEP. I was even the Sports Editor of "The Prospector" one year (a long, long time ago!). I remember Nolan Richardson from his days as a HS coach (at Bowie) in El Paso.

But, I was a Razorback before I was a Miner. Born of a WWII vet who left Texas to attend the U of A and met my mother there - so it's in my blood. Indeed, I remember taking a transistor radio to the press box of the Sun Bowl to listen to a couple of Hog football games while watching the Miners play.

I always pull for UTEP - unless they are playing my Razorbacks. I think they will do well this year, but I'm picking them to lose this game 48-17.

Do me a favor and jack those NM State Aggies this year, will you?

This is an interesting thread for me to post in. I grew up in El Paso and went to UTEP. I was even the Sports Editor of "The Prospector" one year (a long, long time ago!). I remember Nolan Richardson from his days as a HS coach (at Bowie) in El Paso.

But, I was a Razorback before I was a Miner. Born of a WWII vet who left Texas to attend the U of A and met my mother there - so it's in my blood. Indeed, I remember taking a transistor radio to the press box of the Sun Bowl to listen to a couple of Hog football games while watching the Miners play.

I always pull for UTEP - unless they are playing my Razorbacks. I think they will do well this year, but I'm picking them to lose this game 48-17.

Do me a favor and jack those NM State Aggies this year, will you?

So you went to UTEP, didn't go to Fayettenam, but are rooting for the pigs?

So you went to UTEP, didn't go to Fayettenam, but are rooting for the pigs?

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?

BTW . . . I notice one poster labels UTEP the "Best Damn School in the Free World". Reminded me of what we used to call it back in the day . . . "Harvard on the Border". I believe the Book Store in the Union used to sell T-shirts with that slogan on it.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
UTEP runs the ball most of the game so Arkansas doesnt get a lot of chances on offense.

UTEP 24
Arkansas 17

Reactions: mikesarabia
I liked the improvement Stoker's defense showed as the year wore on last year, and I'm hoping it picks up where it left off. But what little experience we had in the secondary has been lost to injury. We are awfully young back there and I think Arkansas is just salivating at the thought.
They may be big and physical up front and like to run, but you can bet they are going to take some early shots downfield. I like our experience up front too, but if it gets out of hand early, it won't matter. If they get to where they can tee off because we're behind, it won't matter who the QB is.
I would love to keep it respectable, but I think it will be a 33-38 point difference.

Ark 52

UTEP 10

This is one of those games where you hope for an upset, but one is even more unlikely than usual. I was even surprised to hear Kug talk about Ark as if they were the better team by far, and he just wanted to see us compete. I think Kug, as a football guy, knows how this game will go.

Essentially, we and Arkansas have built similar teams that have similar offensive (and to an extent) defensive strategies. Most of the time, when a small school pulls off an upset, they use tricky offensive packages and unusual schemes to throw the better team off their game. We, as a hard nosed old school football team don't have that luxury. Our guys will have to match up with their guys mano e mano in the trenches, and the better more physical team will win. Unfortunately, we are not on Ark's level of physicality.

I'd give us a better chance to beat most every other team in the power conferences. Arkansas is simply a bad matchup for us....

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?

BTW . . . I notice one poster labels UTEP the "Best Damn School in the Free World". Reminded me of what we used to call it back in the day . . . "Harvard on the Border". I believe the Book Store in the Union used to sell T-shirts with that slogan on it.

No, I still don't get it

If you read my first post in this thread, and STILL don't understand why I'm a Hog fan (who happened to go to UTEP), then all I can say is you belong at that school in Las Cruces rather than UTEP.

The problem with boards of this type (universal - not just this board) is that only about 10% actually READ the damn posts . . . in their entirety. Because of this, they then ask stupid questions already answered by the posts they failed to read. I wish there was someway to shock the hell out of any moron who attempts to "reply" to a post they haven't completely read. Would cut the idiot posts by 80%.

Last edited:
The problem with boards of this type (universal - not just this board) is that only about 10% actually READ the damn posts . . . in their entirety. Because of this, they then as stupid questions already answered by the posts they failed to read. I wish there was someway to shock the hell out of any moron who attempts to "reply" to a post they haven't completely read. Would cut the idiot posts by 80%.

Can you PLEASE post here more. We need more people like you who tell it like it is.

Reactions: Epsilon00
If you read my first post in this thread, and STILL don't understand why I'm a Hog fan (who happened to go to UTEP), then all I can say is you belong at that school in Las Cruces rather than UTEP.

The problem with boards of this type (universal - not just this board) is that only about 10% actually READ the damn posts . . . in their entirety. Because of this, they then as stupid questions already answered by the posts they failed to read. I wish there was someway to shock the hell out of any moron who attempts to "reply" to a post they haven't completely read. Would cut the idiot posts by 80%.
Oh no Wizardofhogz, you just activated the UTEP Fan Police alarm. If you reference NMSU for anything, according to the UTEP Fan Laws on this board, you are a NMSU fan. Some people are real sensitive on here when it comes to being a UTEP fan. According to them, it is not possible to grow up in El Paso and attend UTEP, be a lifelong Hogs fan, but root for UTEP when they aren't playing Arkansas. And I apologize for Unihorn, he is a little slow. Good luck to Arkansas the rest of the season.

Prediction:
Arkansas - a whole bunch
UTEP - a lot less

Rationale: Last year's pattern continues. UTEP beats bad teams, get slaughtered by good teams. Today they play a REAL good team...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT