ADVERTISEMENT

Artis Eligibility

The way things are looking, I think that Floyd would have said something by now. I can bet that Artis is
on top of the books to make the grades. It would be stupid to come this far and not to qualify.

Go Miners..

The way things are looking, I think that Floyd would have said something by now. I can bet that Artis is
on top of the books to make the grades. It would be stupid to come this far and not to qualify.

Go Miners..
Sure hope you're right Haskins Fan

To answer your question...I proposed something that we could all do in order to help UTEP's athletic department with donations so that maybe we could raise the salaries of the coaches we have or bring in a big name coach who will stay but I was met by Chih boy with his stupid comments. I'm here to cheer on UTEP from afar. What is he here for?

No, that doesn't answer my question. It still has nothing to do with Artis' eligibility, nor with the issues that caused Morris, Winn, and Romine to miss the exhibition game. Therefore, it doesn't belong in this thread.

"Starting with this board, what if we all banded together and donated at least $5.00 each?"

In case anybody is wondering, efrainUTEP1's solution was to donate $5. We will get to a million in no time!!! :rolleyes:

efrain stated his idea in a separate thread. Stating your opinion about his idea was pertinent in that thread. It isn't in this one. I keep checking this thread to see if there is anything new on Artis or the other players. Not to read a personal flame war.

To everyone: Please don't personally insult other posters on this board. If you believe that you've been personally insulted, please ignore it. Flame wars never resolve anything, and only serve to derail threads.

Poor guy, Guess it's time to put you on ignore...you trolling around for me? Got nothing else better to do? I really get under your skin don't I?
haha your bragging how you get under Chi's skin but then you say you want to put him on ignore????? Looks like he got under your skin and you can't take it.

haha your bragging how you get under Chi's skin but then you say you want to put him on ignore????? Looks like he got under your skin and you can't take it.

Ugh! Now what does this have to do with Artis' eligibility?

No, that doesn't answer my question. It still has nothing to do with Artis' eligibility, nor with the issues that caused Morris, Winn, and Romine to miss the exhibition game. Therefore, it doesn't belong in this thread.

efrain stated his idea in a separate thread. Stating your opinion about his idea was pertinent in that thread. It isn't in this one. I keep checking this thread to see if there is anything new on Artis or the other players. Not to read a personal flame war.

To everyone: Please don't personally insult other posters on this board. If you believe that you've been personally insulted, please ignore it. Flame wars never resolve anything, and only serve to derail threads.
Just put 'em on ignore and you will generally be exposed only to meaningful content. I did and I don't have any reasons to get upset anymore

Reactions: mikesarabia
Well according to Steve K, Utep has reported, we will know what's up with his eligibility some time today...cross your collective fingers!

Looking forward to watching Artis in some game action Saturday night.

That is some welcome news. Hopefully the others who missed for diciplinary reasons, as well as academic reasons, get their shit together and the Miners play at full capacity all season long.

Reactions: mikesarabia
That is some welcome news. Hopefully the others who missed for diciplinary reasons, as well as academic reasons, get their shit together and the Miners play at full capacity all season long.

Agreed. With Artis back, if Morris and Winn get themselves out of Floyd's dog house (Romine is a project at this point) we have a chance to win some games. Our frontcourt will still be an Achille's Heal, but we'll go nowhere w/o Artis, Morris, and Winn.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
We should have a chance to win some games with the cup cake schedule we play this year. UAB and Old Dominion will blow us out. NMSU will sweep us easily this year.

We should have a chance to win some games with the cup cake schedule we play this year. UAB and Old Dominion will blow us out. NMSU will sweep us easily this year.

I know you just spout shit out of your mouth, but do you care to back those predictions up? A wager perhaps? Don't worry, I'm not looking to meet up, share addresses, or anything ludicrous like that. Just an genuine and honest bet.

You think that NMSU will sweep UTEP. You say that ODU and UAB will blow us out. How about you pick either of those scenarios and back it up with a wager. Whoever loses stays off the forum for 3 full months. I'm pretty sure you'll balk at the idea because there is no substance behind your banter, but man up, let's bet.

I know you just spout shit out of your mouth, but do you care to back those predictions up? A wager perhaps? Don't worry, I'm not looking to meet up, share addresses, or anything ludicrous like that. Just an genuine and honest bet.

You think that NMSU will sweep UTEP. You say that ODU and UAB will blow us out. How about you pick either of those scenarios and back it up with a wager. Whoever loses stays off the forum for 3 full months. I'm pretty sure you'll balk at the idea because there is no substance behind your banter, but man up, let's bet.
No way he loses the bet. He'll just rejoin with a new idiotic handle.

Agreed. With Artis back, if Morris and Winn get themselves out of Floyd's dog house (Romine is a project at this point) we have a chance to win some games. Our frontcourt will still be an Achille's Heal, but we'll go nowhere w/o Artis, Morris, and Winn.

Lee Moore says hello.

ok I will accept. This one is an easy bet to win.

Ok so if nmsu doesn't sweep us easily you will not post for a month???

To me easy is 10 points or more!! So you gonna back up your talk??

Make sure about the language in the bet FanatiCoog. He's not predicting just wins, he's predicting blowouts and an easy sweep. What a fool.

Oh yeah. When I get home and have a few minutes, clarification will be a priority before bets are on.

ok I will accept. This one is an easy bet to win.

So just for clarification purposes, define "blow out". Give me a point range that constitutes blow out in your mind.

Also, choose your bet. Either what you predicted in regards to the Ags, or what you predicted about UAB and ODU. To simplify, and since you mentioned both, we'll package UAB and ODU up. what say you?

You know this site allows you to send each other anonymous PMs so you can settle this off the board.

A blow out in my opinion is 15 and above, a close game could easily go over 10 points on free throws in the closing minute. Doesn't constitute a blow out in my eyes. Even if it were a Miner victory.

A blow out in my opinion is 15 and above, a close game could easily go over 10 points on free throws in the closing minute. Doesn't constitute a blow out in my eyes. Even if it were a Miner victory.

This. A neck-and-neck game can certainly end, and often does, in one team losing by 10-12 points due to FT's shot in the final two minutes of game time. 15+ should constitute a "blow out".

Going with the Aggie bet makes things more interesting in my world, but neither the sweep, nor the blowouts, are gonna happen. If in some cruel twist of fate the Miners do get swept by NMSU, then it'll be best for myself, and everyone else, that I not get on this board for 3 months.

Be sure to throw a cold beer with lime from Beer Man's stand into the pot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT