ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Peay @ UTEP Basketball game thread

We're eading by 12, but if we could hit free throws and take better care of the ball we'd really be blowing them out

Reactions: TxRdKiller
11 turnovers, 9/20 from the line. Pretty solid defensively. I'm getting flashbacks.
Plus we went forever down the stretch without making a shot from the field. Tonight they definitely look similar to last year's team. Good thing Austin Peay isn't any good, or we wouldn't be leading by double figures right now.

Plus we went forever down the stretch without making a shot from the field. Tonight they definitely look similar to last year's team. Good thing Austin Peay isn't any good, or we wouldn't be leading by double figures right now.
I thought AP was good on defense, and it had an effect on UTEP. We will definitely see similar/better teams on that end. UCSB wasn't good defensively.

Is this the same Miner team from Monday!!? Lazy passes, no energy, playing slow, and letting Austin Peay Bully them.... Utep is kinda going through the motions, because they know they have more talent. It shouldn't even be close, but Utep's poor play is keeping em Peepee in it SMH 😒

We play an aggressive ball-hawking defense. We obviously have to practice against it every day. So why are we acting like we've never seen that kind of on the ball pressure playing against Austin Peay?

Reactions: Lil_Train
We play an aggressive ball-hawking defense. We obviously have to practice against it every day. So why are we acting like we've never seen that kind of on the ball pressure playing against Austin Peay?
The old saying is to press a pressing team.

AP staying in their lanes looking for kick outs just and having some but not total success.

UTEP is keeping composure with the AP cheap shot here & there.

#6 for AP “Stache”

latest

The way this game started I was expecting a blow out win. Now it looks like it will go down to the wire. And with the way we shoot FTs ...

Ugly Win, but it's a win. Lot's to clean up before California. Looks like we may have a team that steps down to the level of their competition sometimes. Hope Golding can get them re focused. This was not a quality night of basketball, but we'll take the win I guess.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
VERY unimpressive win. Horrible 2nd half. Lazy lazy lazy finish. No energy, no effort. Relied solely on being the more talented team to finish the game. Just fvcking terrible performance despite the win.
I wouldn’t call lazy. Powell and Hardy were attacking the basket.

Folks, we were playing against a solid up & coming HC at AP who won all sorts of awards. This is a good win.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I’m

I estimated a 20-25 point, perhaps?
Hope the players didn't read my posts and thought all they had to do was show up. I'm trying to decide what to think of Golding's substitution strategy . Our leading scorer for Instance only played enough to have two shots. Hamilton and Camper also played sparingly.
I really think the lackluster performance tonight was due to two things; three extremely easy games built a false confidence and being anxious about their upcoming California adventure.
Hopefully this experience tonight will be a wake up call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT